Hello readers, a string of updates for the next few weeks :
- We have pretty much finished all 1980 wargames, with :
- the only clear exception of Galactic Revolution (Galactic Trader, which is not a wargame but happens before Galactic Revolution in the saga is resisting me),
- two edge cases :
- Ants!!! (1979 TRS-80)
- Galactic Empires (1979, aka as Galaxy – the name under which it was released again in 1981).
If you see other single-player, non-reflex based wargames from 1980 or earlier, tell me !
- Since we reached this first milestone, it is feedback-time. Please comment on whether you prefer longer or shorter action reports, longer or shorter reviews, more of one or more of the other, please tell me as well.
- Operation Apocalypse is going to receive its first article on Monday, and I am currently learning two games :
- The Warp Factor – I opened a Commenters Command on it if you want to join, I am looking for maybe 3-4 players in total,
- Torpedo Fire – an anti-submarine tactical game (at least in single player). The game does not come with any scenario, except the tutorial, so I will have to imagine one. If you have a preference (“I would like to see Japanese submarines against British destroyers in 1943”) it is here.
- Rest of the 1981 list :
- Tawala’s Last Redoubt (last episode of the Galactic Saga)
- Conflict 2500 (Avalon Hill / William David Volk)
- Eastern Front (Avalon Hill /Chris Crawford)
- The Shattered Alliance (SSI)
- Tigers in the Snow (SSI)
- Southern Command (SSI)
- Crush, Crumble and Chomp (Automated Simulations), if deemed wargamy enough
- The Battle of Shiloh (SSI)
- Napoleon’s Campaigns : 1813 & 1815 (SSI)
- Possibly Galaxy, as above
I am not confident I got 100% of the 1981 wargames, so again don’t hesitate to complete me.
This post will autodestruct in roughly one month.