Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 17 of 24Next
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 16 January 2022, 21h09

Oh.

In order:

Reload

Attack

Move-attack

Move towards enemy, ending in cover.

The question is : which enemy : B, E or the robots ?

Part III, turn 9  - 10

Double-turn to go faster :

Turn 9 was actually interesting :

Baud attacks first, and hit the Froglo for 6 damage (critical hit), heavy stunning him. Or her. Then the sniper shoots at Rutus, and critical hit as well, for 8 damage (heavy stun). Rutus cannot parry, so the robot easily robot doubles-down for 5 additional damage. This means Rutus is down to 4 HP, and defenceless for next turn !

For the rest of the team, Skos holds his position, Captain reloads, Fellow reloads, Andnjord tries to move, but the human moves first in the position he wanted to occupy, so he stands (without resting).

Turn 10, well, what a turn :

The robot attacks a defenceless Rutus, and hits again. That's only 4 damage, but that's enough to "wound" Rutus, who collapses to the ground.

Well, meanwhile, Andnjord knows he has to redeem himself, and his Blade strikes true : critical on the non-elite human (who had missed him), 12 damage, instant death.

The rest is movement : I moved Skosveinn up so he could be ready to replace Rutus, if Rutus fell (I was correct). I moved Captain up without shooting (no angle, I want to be out of sight of the sniper), and I moved Strange right as ordered, no good angle.

Meanwhile, the elite human reloads, Baud cannot attack because exhausted, and the Froglodyte was stunned.

For the next turn :

• Andnjord is out of energy, so he has to rest
  • Fellow & Captain can shoot
  • Baud has 1 energy, so either he attacks, but if he stuns he cannot exploit it, or he rests more,
  • Keep in mind the sniper has a lot of cover from range attacks coming from the South,

Situation

Health - your team

• Baud : 5HP
  • Skosveinn : 16HP
  • Captain Grimlock : 8HP
  • Andnjord : 20HP
  • Fellow 17HP

Health - their team

• YBOT : 21 HP
  • Froglodyte : 4HP
  • Elite sniper : 13 HP

Again, you collapse in pain at 3HP, you die at 0HP. Which means Skosveinn has a tiny, tiny chance to actually neutralize someone with a punch in the face.

Again, for everyone's enjoyment (I wanted to put it in the previous message) :

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I think I'll try to finish the frog with a standing attack

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 17 January 2022, 1h49

Again, for everyone's enjoyment (I wanted to put it in the previous message) :

Quote from Andnjord on 16 January 2022, 21h08

I will rapidly move up to B and swiftly take him out with lightning fast attacks

Told you boys. I wasn't missing before, I was just purposefully building up advantage only to deliver this sumptuous masterstroke at the perfect moment.

"M'lords"

Move up to the main scrum up north and help take out the other rust-bucket.

The Wargaming Scribe and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeStrange Fellow

Actually, since there is no way for Fellow to shoot the sniper properly, leaving him free to plink at us for the eternity it will take us to kill the last killer toaster, I'll charge the sniper first and dispose of him.

I was going to tell you to go that way anyways, so it works out.

Attack enemy F with my phaser.

Goodbye, cruelcruel, world. Maybe they'll get my name right in heaven.

Brutus thinks this to himself, looking at the small scrape on his right arm.

Andnjord
Quote from Brutus Trump on 17 January 2022, 20h20

Goodbye, cruelcruel, world.

You are just wounded, and back next battle, if there is a battle.

@dayyalu @strange-fellow ?

VIKING PUNCH

Andnjord
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 17 January 2022, 20h21
Quote from Brutus Trump on 17 January 2022, 20h20

Goodbye, cruelcruel, world.

You are just wounded, and back next battle, if there is a battle.

@dayyalu @strange-fellow ?

Let the poor Dulbian have his moment before he wakes up in the hospital ward next to our screeching ostrich, a naked human, a fedora tipping zorcon, a viking trying to sacrifice him to his blood gods, Fellow trying to take his gear for himself and realises he has to fight again in our mad company while Captain shouts at him that he needs to forget about his missing left horn and that a punctured liver is no excuse to slack off in the line of battle.

Then he'll wish he was really dead.

The Wargaming Scribe, Brutus Trump and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeBrutus TrumpCaptainGrimlock

Like I said, I will move towards the Elite until I have a clear shot, then shoop him until he is very dead.

Andnjord

Part III Turn 11 to 22  [yes, I know, but there were not many tactical options so I run until the end]

Well, it is not looking good for team AI :

Still, initially (turns 11-12), it does not go so well : Skosveinn manages to hit twice with his magic punch, but the Froglodyte has heavy armour, so even a critical hit does not work :

Baud also has a regular hit - fully absorbed by the armour. And Captain misses !

But turn 13, the Froglodyte is hit by both Baud and Grimlock, and pretty much dies. Meanwhile, the sniper manages to hit Fellow, for two damage.

Andnjord is almost in position though.

Not looking good for the AI :

Skosveinn cannot do anything against a robot with his fists, but I can disengage him : he receives a huge amount of damage, and since endurance goes down when you are wounded, he is stuck between stun-lock and fatigue-lock.

Andnjord charges the elite soldier (turn 14), but the only effect is that the elite sniper misses. Turns 16, two turns later (because fatigue), Andnjord lands a hit:

That stops the soldier from swapping weapons, but the following turn he is ready, disruptor in hands. Meanwhile, Fellow keeps missing.

Meanwhile, the last robot resists, only receiving minor damage. Turn 18, Skovsveinn finally goes down, the armour saved his life :

Turn 20, Baud and Grim finally disconnect the toaster together, with 12 damage in one turn. I relocate Fellow, who kept missing, so he has a better chance of hitting something :

But Andnjord is not doing so good :

And turn 21, he collapses :

Baud rushes to combat while Captain reloads :

and finally :

Dayyalu and Andnjord have reacted to this post.
DayyaluAndnjord

"M'lords...I hope I was...a good M'eatshield..."

Collapses from the pain of a punctured lung, several fractured ribs, internal hemoragies and most grievious of all, a torn fedora.

The Wargaming Scribe and baud have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribebaud

So final result :

So here is the situation of everyone :

• Captain Grimlock, who probably did 60% of all the non-gemstone damage, looks good :

Phasor 13 (+5 versus beginning of the battle) means +65% chance to hit and 60% chance for critical damage, so ... not bad.

- Baud, who probably did 30% of the non-gemstone damage :

Laser Sword 11 (+3) so +55% chance to hit, 50% critical chance. Every turn, unlike anyone with a phaser.

Then we have those who learned the way of the blade, but not too much : Andnjord and Rutus :

Actually, Rutus did not learn anything, while Andnjord is at +2 on the Heavy Disruptor.

Then the grenadiers :

Fellow gained 1 in Gemstone skill, whereas Skos gained 1 in ... bare hands. Useful, Skosveinn.

Finally, our cowboy put his ONE hit (for 1 damage) to good use, and increased his phasor skill by one :

Good job, @Porkbelly

I think at this point you all have a good grasp of the game, so we can either do one, last scenario to finish the campaign I planned, or move to another game.

Dayyalu, Andnjord and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
DayyaluAndnjordPorkbelly

I vote for one last ride, bröthers. *Tips what's left of the fedora*

CaptainGrimlock and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
CaptainGrimlockPorkbelly

We ride or die.

Andnjord and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
AndnjordPorkbelly

Once more unto the breach, dear mutants!

Andnjord and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
AndnjordCaptainGrimlock

Last one. Let's go!

Andnjord

Last one for the road!

Edit: Apparently in English it's `One for the road` instead.

PreviousPage 17 of 24Next