Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 16 of 24Next

Hit Froglo again. I'll hit him eventually.

Part III, turn 6 :

The traditional GIF :

Long story short, everyone missed, EXCEPT Captain Grimlock who managed to hit (and small-stun) the robot for 6 damage. Said robot has 9 HP left, so any hit and it is gone.

So basically :

Keep in mind that against non-grenade, robots can only be armed by critical hits, said otherwise Andnjord and Strange, IF they hit the robot, have only 10% chance to do damage (Captain : 45%. Baud : 35%). Just saying.

In any case, the elite human reloaded, Captain and Strange need to reload.

Move-attack one move north then attack the transistor-dumpster.

Also, not that it matters, but did I also do  a move-attack this turn rather than a standing  attack?

So anyways I started swinging. You will die one day, Frog.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
Quote from Andnjord on 14 January 2022, 0h49

Move-attack one move north then attack the transistor-dumpster.

Also, not that it matters, but did I also do  a move-attack this turn rather than a standing  attack?

Well-caught. My initiative. You were going to attack last no matter what, and I wanted to make sure that if the robot moved, you would immediately follow. Only after running the turn did I realize that in one case you could stun the robot before it moved, and not in the other. And only NOW do I realize that you specified standing attack and not a general "attack". Since it did not change anything (due to you missing), I let it as is.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I (you guessed it) reload.

I switch target from the robot to the frog

I assume that @strange-fellow reloads and @dayyalu / Skos waits for Baud to die to step in his, or its, place.

I do indeed.

Part III, turn 7.

Well, the elite sniper displays abysmal target prioritisation skill, and shoot at Rutus, hitting him... for 1 damage.

Baud hits the Froglodyte, but the armour absorbs all damage.

Absolutely everyone else misses. Fellow & Captain reloads. The last hostile human is clearly like Buridan's donkey, hesitating presumably between supporting robot Z and supporting robot Y, and he does not move.

Given how stable the situation is, I will assume the following orders for the future turn :

• Captain : Shoot at the robot. Reload. Repeat.
  • Strange : Shoot at robot. Reload. Repeat. Step back if the robot approaches.
  • Andnjord : Attack robot ? Not sure, he could flank the other group too, theorically.
  • Dayyalu : Wait
  • Baud : Attack Froglodyte until destroyed, then attack robot
  • Rutus : Attack Froglodyte until destroyed, then I don't know

If you are OK, I will run turns with that until the situation evolves.

Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
AndnjordStrange Fellow

I'd like to step one square down and shoot the idiot who keeps plinking at us from range. I'll show him how it's done.

Yeah, I move attacked last turn to position myself in anticipation that when the rust biped will croak I'll be in a slightly better position to flank the other group.

Until then though, keep on using standing attacks against that cog-head.

Part III, turn 8

Well, the situation is not locked for as long as expected, as Captain Grimlock deals a devastating blow to the robot, "wounding" it out of the battlefield :

So in one screenshoot :

Some notes :

• Fellow shot at the elite guy, but there is the wall between the two of them, so that's 0% chance of hitting,
  • Baud and Andnjord were actually exhausted :

So they could not attack this turn, and instead rested to recover one endurance.

You lose 1 endurance by attack, so now Baud  & Andnjord "rate of attack" is the same as if he was using a ranged weapon. You don't lose endurance when moving, but you cannot move at 0 endurance.

The other fighters are in good condition from the endurance point of view : shooting does not cost endurance, and Dulbians start with twice the endurance of a Zorcon (their only advantage), so they are safe from exhaustion.

Captain and Strange's phasers need reloading. The elite sniper phaser is ready.

Baud : Attack Froglodyte until destroyed, then attack robot

I'll do that (as my endurance allows it)

Andnjord! What is that wall doing here? This is unacceptable. Get it together.

I will reload, then move eastwards until I have a line of fire on mister man over there.

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

Well, I would need the general plan of @captaingrimlock and @andnjord , and even @dayyalu before I proceed in auto-mode.

Yeah, reload.

Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 16 January 2022, 17h34

Yeah, reload.

I know, but what do you do the following turns so I don’t have to ask every turn 🙂

I will rapidly move up to B and swiftly take him out with lightning fast attacks, hopefully also drawing fire from the Sniper to help M’Lords.

Oh.

In order:

Reload

Attack

Move-attack

Move towards enemy, ending in cover.

PreviousPage 16 of 24Next