Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 3 of 24Next

Part I, turn 2

Comedy gold continues, as one of the gangsters throws a stun grenade :

Yep, the two gangsters get stunned. The other human in the back was actually heavily stunned from the previous turn, so he cannot move, neither could the giant.

Baud advances and easily shanks the terrible grenade thrower for 2 damage. On the other hand, Andnjord manages to miss the giant with his blade.

Fellow changed his weapon, Captain reloaded.

Andnjord, Kalarion and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarionBrutus TrumpCaptainGrimlock

That’s X-Com, baby!

I’ll half-move 2 spaces north of Rutus, then shoot the badly wounded enemy with a phaser. With my phaser.

The Wargaming Scribe, baud and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribebaudStrange FellowKalarionBrutus Trump
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 8 December 2021, 1h41

On the other hand, Andnjord manages to miss the giant with his blade.

Pff, I was merely feinting to test his defences. The amateur obviously fell for it, so now I will strike!

The Wargaming Scribe, Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeKalarionBrutus Trump

I continue to shank my current target

Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
KalarionBrutus Trump

I'll shoot my phazor at... Egosphere? The bad man furthest to the north.

KalarionBrutus Trump

Missing @brutus-trump and @dayyalu

KalarionBrutus Trump

After witnessing Andjord's terrible sword handlins skills, I am convinced that I must join the action as soon as possible. Move 2 spaces to the right.

Andnjord, Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarionCaptainGrimlock

Ack, managed to get to my laptop.

Switch weapon to Grenade.

baud, Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
baudKalarionBrutus Trump

Part I - Turn 3 :

All players standing and attacking attack first :

Andnjord and the giant miss each other in melee. Fellow also misses his shot - he will have to reload next turn, or change bach his weapon to "BARE HANDS".

On the other hand, our favorite angry ostrich carries on stabbing Catacombs in the face, and the latter collapses. He is out of combat, you will get to choose his fate after the battle.

Skosveinn and one of the humans change weapons to gemstone.

After that, Rutus and Captain move. Captain shoots at the human in the back, grazing him for 2 damage.

Rutus : Keep in mind that you have a RANGED weapon in hand, so you can move one tile and shoot.

Captain Grimlock and Strange will have to reload before shooting again.

By the way, the game has an alternative display with the weapons :

Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
KalarionCaptainGrimlock

Reloading.

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion

So it's a 30% to hit with my heavy disruptor right? And 30% is almost like a third, right? So if I've missed twice, the third time is a guaranteed hit! Trust me, I'm a coder in my free time, Science! has decreed it.

baud, Strange Fellow and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
baudStrange FellowKalarionCaptainGrimlock
Quote from Andnjord on 10 December 2021, 0h12

So it's a 30% to hit with my heavy disruptor right? And 30% is almost like a third, right? So if I've missed twice, the third time is a guaranteed hit! Trust me, I'm a coder in my free time, Science! has decreed it.

I think you still have 10% chance to miss. Because 100% - 30% - 30% - 30% is 10% !

baud, Strange Fellow and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
baudStrange FellowKalarionCaptainGrimlock
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 10 December 2021, 0h25
Quote from Andnjord on 10 December 2021, 0h12

I think you still have 10% chance to miss. Because 100% - 30% - 30% - 30% is 10% !

Shhh....Science! has decreed my success!

Kalarion

You’re absolutely right.

Probability definitely works that way, and the odds definitely don’t reset after each swing.

KalarionBrutus Trump
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 10 December 2021, 0h51

You’re absolutely right.

Probability definitely works that way, and the odds definitely don’t reset after each swing.

well, you never know with older games, what happens when they try to save memory/computation cycles.

I think I also read somewhere that even the earliest Civ games had something like that, to prevent players from being too frustrated with repeated whiffs.

I'll move and attack Falski

The Wargaming Scribe, Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeKalarionCaptainGrimlock

After my slow, slow charge, I am finally near the action. I’ll half move to the right and try to shoot Falski with my phaser rifle.

Kalarion
Quote from baud on 10 December 2021, 2h49
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 10 December 2021, 0h51

You’re absolutely right.

well, you never know with older games, what happens when they try to save memory/computation cycles.

I think I also read somewhere that even the earliest Civ games had something like that, to prevent players from being too frustrated with repeated whiffs.

I'll move and attack Falski

Touché

Kalarion

Lee Roading.

Kalarion

Wondering where @dayyalu will want to throw his grenade gemstone. He can ruin everyone's day !

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 10 December 2021, 17h42

Wondering where @dayyalu will want to throw his grenade gemstone. He can ruin everyone's day !

I was exactly wondering about that. Sure, I could have gone in with the stun wand and made the boring choice but.... explosives, my fellow man-rat. They're magic.

It will probably heavily scatter if I read the rules right. Let's try nonetheless: target the square on the right of Roxor and below Egosphere.

Kalarion
PreviousPage 3 of 24Next