Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 4 of 24Next

Part I - Turn 4

Darth Roxxor moves first, but he misses Andnjord.

Then Egosphere FINALLY throws his grenade gemstone. I don't want to spoil it :

The grenade gemstone wounds and stuns Andjnord (who cannot do his attack), and bruises Fellow and Darth Roxxor.

Then, Skosveinn throws his own grenade gemstone :

Almost bullseye ! Egosphere is killed instantly. It is also one wound too many for Darth Roxxor, and he collapses.

This leaves Faklsi standing. While he is reloading (edit : swapping weapon), a very noisy ostrich shivs him, but that's only a minor slash.

This may be the last turn :

Dayyalu, Andnjord and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
DayyaluAndnjordKalarionCaptainGrimlock

Full attack the remaining enemy with my phaser.

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion

The famous Viking sprengjusprenju or whatever claim not one but TWO victims for the Ancient Gods!

Full move to engage WITH MY HANDS the foe.

The Wargaming Scribe, baud and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribebaudKalarion

Beautiful throw! It's like seeing myself, except slightly worse.

I open fire.

The Wargaming Scribe and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeKalarion

For the record, I am informed by the other side - aka Falksi himself - that I forget to swap his weapon. So actually he has a slicer in hands. Which is better than a laser sword. And worse than a disruptor.

baud and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
baudKalarion

well, let's continue to shank Falski

Kalarion
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 10 December 2021, 23h53

For the record, I am informed by the other side - aka Falksi himself - that I forget to swap his weapon. So actually he has a slicer in hands. Which is better than a laser sword. And worse than a disruptor.

Conspiring with the enemy, eh? TRAITOR!

Kalarion

So now we have the classic Schrodinger’s Disruptor in the face situation. There’s a 50% chance that I get my third 30% guaranteed hit and a 50% chance that I have that 30%+30%+30%=10% chance to hit. But God doesn’t play dice, so if I was religious I’d say I’m guaranteed to hit. But since I’m this moment I’m euphoric and enlightened by my intelligence and not because of a phony God’s blessing, it’s obvious my final chance to hit is (100%-10%)/50%=45%. I’ll roll the dice and try and take down the fury rodent once more.

(I deeply apologise to anyone who has even the most basic aquaintance with mathematics and probabilities, even I was physically hurting writing this 😉 )

The Wargaming Scribe, baud and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribebaudKalarion

After seeing the gemstones explode for the 1st time, I was stunned. Not paralyzed stunned, but stunned at this newfangled technology. Dulbians were traditional creatures. I didn't have these fancy gadgets when I was their age.

I'll reload.

The Wargaming Scribe and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeKalarion

So I take it this is another situation where you’re running the game on 2 forums at once?

Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 11 December 2021, 4h30

So I take it this is another situation where you’re running the game on 2 forums at once?

I'd need to ask why then the Reprobates Repo team was in such dire numerical inferiority!

Kalarion

I would never !

Quote from Dayyalu on 11 December 2021, 11h36

I'd need to ask why then the Reprobates Repo team was in such dire numerical inferiority!

Only 4 answered the call that was fully by private messages. They accepted to be “tutorial mobs”, I expected them to be more challenging (Darth Roxxor had seriously OP stats that were only possible through the “create your own race” editor for Dungeon Mastering purpose) but then Fellow’s grenade and Catacombs throwing skill, or lack thereof, ruined their chance to be even a threat. They were unlikely to win, but I expected them to at least take down several of you.

It may be a good time to mention that you will gain experience and skills between battles so if you are interested, I can ( and I initially planned) to turn that into a mini-campaign of 3 or 4 battles in total. The future encounters will be against AI or myself (except if I can think of something even more fun) which will allow me to use some of the … weird… archetypes/special races the game has, and create situation beyond “bash everyone’s skull”.

The game is also modular enough to remove or add players on the fly, if you are a lurker.

fFor context for Captain and Brutus Trump : the other 4 players were originally from the RPGCodex, where I wrote quite a few AAR in my time. Hence I thought the intro would be fun.

Dayyalu, baud and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
DayyalubaudStrange FellowKalarionBrutus Trump

I'd be completely up for a mini-campaign. Game seems quite fascinating. Can you put "same team" players against players, if we wanted to do a good old Last Man Standing?

I'd argue that initial positions weren't good for the Reprobates Team: in a game with so many grenades they started bunched up while we pretty much quickly surrounded and pounded 'em at our leisure. I guess if they started scattered on the right flank they would have chopped more people, particularly if they had the stat advantage.

Kalarion

I’m down for a mini-campaign as well.

Kalarion

The best I can do is split a team and make it fight. The game only accepts 2 teams in one battle.

Kalarion
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 11 December 2021, 12h17

Only 4 answered the call that was fully by private messages.

Aaah, that would explain why I couldn't find it there.

Up for the mini-campaign as well, after all, it doesn't look like I'll be able to get my fable guaranteed hit in this fight.

For the player vs player fight, you could first split the current team in two, then have the winning team split again and so forth until you're left with a 1v1 at the end.

Kalarion

Part I Turn 5 :

This turn is extremely fast. Captain shoots first, as always, and hit, as always. Falksi is stunned, and his attack cancelled.

Baud carries on the shiving for 2 more damage.

Finally, Fellow shoots and, quite incredibly, hit ! Falksi collapses to the ground - the battle is over !

The game offers a nice sum-up of the battle (I removed the number of turns, as I run a few "blank turns" to position eveyone at the beginning :

You can now decide the fate of the three survivors : Darth Roxxor, Falksi and Catacombs. Egosphere is dead, so no choice there.

All the players in the group gained 5 experience. Some of you gained some skill points with their weapons (depending on how much you used them, whether you hit or not). Each skill points increase the chance to hit by 5%, the chance to do a critical hit (what the game calls "full hit") by 5% (from 0% at skill level = 1) and reduces the chance of a gemstone/gaper to scatter by 3%. For melee weapons, it also allows makes you harder to hit by 5%, INCLUDING at range because clearly you can all become master Jedi.

The only interest of "experience" is to surprise the opponent at the beginning of a battle and have a free move & attack round.

Anyway, here are the characters :

Baud became a pro with his Laser Sword. 20% critical hit chance, base chance to hit 100%, -25% chance to hit him with anything but a grenade ^^. Of course, he is still doing minimal damage.

Captain Grimlock is becoming something of a phaser artist

Fellow throws grenade marginally better now.

Same with Skosveinn

Rutus, well, Rutus is not interesting in learning new things.

Andnjord learned nothing either. He has nothing more to learn, if you ask him.

Fellow / Baud / Brutus tell me if you want to join the mini-campaign. We can take up to 4 extra players, too.

You will be able to change weapon and armor before the next battle.

Kalarion

Lurker here... I'd be happy to join the gang if you can make some room?

Andnjord, Strange Fellow and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
AndnjordStrange FellowKalarionBrutus Trump

We have room for “4 extra players.”

Great! Looks like I'll play the Hu-Man.

Kit me up with a pistol, knife, and some leathers and color me happy.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
PreviousPage 4 of 24Next