Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 20 of 24Next

Andnjord, hold the line! I'll prepare to throw my gemstone at your assailants once they inevitably beeline towards you. Can we throw across the green stuff? If so, I move behind it, and if not I'll stay put.

I considered grenading the Madam this turn, since we know roughly where she's standing, but then I figured what's the rush. She won't kill anyone important before the light comes back on anyway. Better to make the stone really count.

Quote from Strange Fellow on 30 January 2022, 23h19

Andnjord, hold the line! I'll prepare to throw my gemstone at your assailants once they inevitably beeline towards you. Can we throw across the green stuff? If so, I move behind it, and if not I'll stay put.

I considered grenading the Madam this turn, since we know roughly where she's standing, but then I figured what's the rush. She won't kill anyone important before the light comes back on anyway. Better to make the stone really count.

You can throw across the green stuff no problem.

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Part IV Turn 4 :

The light comes back :

To give you full intel, the Cygnian Upanova has a gaper as a secondary weapon, same with the Night Stalker Alcibiades. The Night Stalker Eadric has a gemstone.

Now I will play for real (to win). For your information, I consider that Skosveinn CAN throw a gemstone at Madame Sacre from where he is.

Porkbelly cannot shoot anything with his phasor from where he is, it will hit a wall, 100% chance. You could not know, so tell me if you want a blank turn to swap.

Dayyalu and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
DayyaluStrange Fellow

I stay where I am

I’ll shoot the Stalker with a disruptor.

I'll wait for the Madam to approach.

Quote from Strange Fellow on 31 January 2022, 12h54

I'll wait for the Madam to approach.

It is "Madame" for you, if not "Madââme".

baud, Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordStrange Fellow
I'll move up two tiles north to make my stand, The Blade at the ready.
Quote from Brutus Trump on 30 January 2022, 21h46

I see Madam Sacre coming towards me. Suddenly, all goes dark. I wake up in front of the Pearly Gates. I walk up to St. Peter. "Name, please." "Brutus Trump" "I'm sorry, we only have a Rutus Trump. Bye." All goes dark again, and I wake up in front of a weird version of Andnjord, tipping his fedora and saying corny quotes eternally. Oh god, this is worse than Dante said.

This made me chuckle like a madman for a good 20 seconds alone on the bus, thank you 🤣

Strange Fellow and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
Strange FellowPorkbelly

Porkbelly cannot shoot anything with his phasor from where he is, it will hit a wall, 100% chance. You could not know, so tell me if you want a blank turn to swap.

I want to take a step to the right next turn so I can shoot 'through' Baud when Q approaches to attack him.

I can hit the Mutant? Didn't expect it from that angle.

THROW THE GRENADE FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Part IV Turn 5

That's a beautiful turn !

So what happened in a nutshell :

- Captain tried to shoot through 2 obstacles and at long range, and missed !

- Skosveinn had the most perfect throw, hitting badly both Madame Sacre and her secretary - double heavy stun. Madame Sacre has 7 HP left, her secretary 6.

- Eadric, the Night Stalker, tried to move to Andnjord, but Andnjord moved further away (for reference, I plot my turn BEFORE writing this report, so I don't see in advance what you are going to do).

- The Cygnian Orvil change weapon for a gaper. The Cygnian Quoth move next to the wall. The Cygnian Upanova full move (3 tiles because armour) North.

- Porkbelly side-steps.

For reference :

• Pretty much all hostiles move at 3 tiles a turn, except the secretary (7 tiles).
  • The only armoured enemies are the 3 Cygnians
  • Rule of thumb for gaper/gemstone : I consider you can throw if I can trace a path between you and the target without ever crossing an orange "wall" tile (green cover is OK) and only moving toward the target, toward the target and left or toward the target and right (so no 90 degrees angle).
    • In the case of Skosveinn, I assume in reality he threw SW-SW-SE-SE-S, which is valid.
    • W-SW-SE-SE-S would have been invalid.
baud and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
baudBrutus Trump

Not sure if I should move and attack Quoth (quoth the avian?) or just stay in place and dodge. I'm not sure I'll be able to kill Quoth in one strike and if I move forward, I don't think Porkbelly will be able to shoot.

Good job Skosveinn

Crap.

RELOAD RELOAD RELOAD

I give a prayer to the Immortal Gods and take out my second gemstone.

Another lucky hit and MAYBE we can win this. Maybe.

Nice one! I am once again amazed at the power and accuracy of grenades. I think I'll throw mine now, straight at the soon-to-be ex-Mãâdàmée.

Quote from Strange Fellow on 1 February 2022, 19h56

Nice one! I am once again amazed at the power and accuracy of grenades. I think I'll throw mine now, straight at the soon-to-be ex-Mãâdàmée.

You are out of range by two tiles from Madame. You can try, I am pretty sure it will fail.

@baud : I have no idea what you are doing.

Very well, I'll move down to the position above Andnjord. M'eatshield, it's time to stay still and take a beating for your betters. I need some space to throw my boom sphere.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 1 February 2022, 22h11

@baud : I have no idea what you are doing.

Neither did I.

I'll stay in place and dodge.

I'll stay in place too, phasor at ready.

Missing @andnjord

PreviousPage 20 of 24Next