Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 19 of 24Next
Quote from baud on 26 January 2022, 16h07

I follow Porkbelly.

I think the best way to deal with Madame Sacre (massacre?) would be at range. Since she doesn't have a lot of endurance, a few hits should be enough

I applaud the tactical acumen 🙂

Quote from Brutus Trump on 27 January 2022, 0h11

I’ll stay by the light switch for this turn. I need to give Baud and Porkbelly as long as I can to escape.

Beautiful. I took the light switch and the "dark turns" as just a fun start for the scenario, but I like the idea of a player defending the light switch even more, so I ll do just that : BATTLE FOR THE LIGHT SWITCH, and it is dark until you fall, or you choose to retreat, or put the light on.

Andnjord and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
AndnjordBrutus Trump

I got delayed for some stupid reasons :

• I took the wrong, "newbie" team for Madame Sacre,
  • When I corrected the issue I forget to reequip the player-characters team, so no gemstone - and the set-up is pretty long).

So I will start for real tomorrow, as I need to do the set-up a third time, and it is pretty long.

baud, Andnjord and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordBrutus Trump

Part IV, Turn 1

Everyone starts running in all direction. Except Rutus :

It creates some amusing situation :

• Baud follows Porkbelly, but will a lower difficulty, Porkbelly moves second, so Baud does not move the first turn.
  • Skosveinn moves "North East" to join with Baud and Porkbelly, but Baud and Porkbelly went for the starboard (=SOUTH) cubicle so that's a junction that is going to be hard to do. Of course, Fellow followed Skos, and Andnjord followed Fellow, so it is going to be ever harder.
  • Captain Grimlock insane movement speed served him well.

You don't see the enemies, but they don't see you either - you could bump into them any turn, though they move at half speed in the dark. Except the secretary - Slime Devils see in the dark, because I decided so. Also, now, the other team knows where Rutus is.

By the way, important, I will NOT allow gemstone throwned throug a wall - you are supposed to be in a starship after all. There need to be a space in a location through which one could conceivably bounce a grenade.

So for instance, below. Green = OK. Red = Not OK. Ask me if any doubt.

The green obstacles can be gemstoned through.

baud has reacted to this post.
baud

If you can throw the gemstones with that curve, I wonder why you aren't in the baseball business.

As I think about my Dulbian League days, a middle aged slime lady shows up. She has a nametag "Dolores". Underneath her spectacles, she has a look of malice in her eyes. She carries a clipboard, ready to whack me with it. I'll attack her with my sword while I ask to speak to the manager.

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

Keep running north. Green can be gemstoned over but is impassable, right? So I can use the "corridor" as a killing zone when/if the light comes back?

Into the laundry chute, fly-boy. South-west corner, and ready my gemstone.

Baud! Pulse the rinse cycle before you follow. We may die here, but at least we can make it a clean death.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I attempt to follow Porkbelly. Again.

I continue running to the rear of the ship.

Quote from Brutus Trump on 29 January 2022, 2h30

If you can throw the gemstones with that curve, I wonder why you aren't in the baseball business.

As I think about my Dulbian League days, a middle aged slime lady shows up. She has a nametag "Dolores". Underneath her spectacles, she has a look of malice in her eyes. She carries a clipboard, ready to whack me with it. I'll attack her with my sword while I ask to speak to the manager.

Supposedly, the gemstones are "aimed thrown weapons", make that what you want.

Part IV, turn 2 :

Everyone is running, or trying to run in the case of Fellow, because he plas before Skosveinn who blocks the way.

One exception : Rutus Trump. Rutus tries to attack the secretary with the disruptor, but his nimble target dodges. The secretary then attacks, wounding Rutus for 3 damage !

Meanwhile, the noise has attracked Madame Sacre herself, and one of her two guards, now in contact with Rutus Trump. Good luck Rutus, you'll need it. You are the only player for whom I need the instruction : hold, or retreat ?

Well, I hope I diverted them long enough. I'm going to unlock my inner Forrest Gump and run one space to the left and one down.

Andnjord

Run, Brutus, run!

Andnjord

*Tips fedora to Rutus* "M'friend."

I reeaaaaally wish I had my heat ray gun equipped right now ;(

Quote from Andnjord on 30 January 2022, 3h33

*Tips fedora to Rutus* "M'friend."

I reeaaaaally wish I had my heat ray gun equipped right now ;(

You could have swapped anytime.

Part IV, turn 3 :

You hear a chilling cry from Rutus, and then nothing :

The rest of you runs. You can assume it is the last turn of darkness. Also, I am not sure why you decided that splitting the elite glass-phaser shooter from the melee guys was a good idea 🙂

Andnjord

I'll deploy myself at the end of the Green Cover corridor.

Also, I am not sure why you decided that splitting the elite glass-phaser shooter from the melee guys was a good idea 🙂

:Despair...:

You could have swapped anytime.

I felt it was more important to keep running than spending a turn switching weapons, then ANOTHER turn later on switching out.

Brutus! NO!

I guess I’ll stay here. No way they can catch me a for at least a few turns.

I'll sit tight and switch to phasor

I see Madam Sacre coming towards me. Suddenly, all goes dark. I wake up in front of the Pearly Gates. I walk up to St. Peter. "Name, please." "Brutus Trump" "I'm sorry, we only have a Rutus Trump. Bye." All goes dark again, and I wake up in front of a weird version of Andnjord, tipping his fedora and saying corny quotes eternally. Oh god, this is worse than Dante said.

The Wargaming Scribe, Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeAndnjordStrange Fellow
PreviousPage 19 of 24Next