Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 14 of 24Next

I full move towards the east. I was obviously not paying enough attention thinking higher thoughts last turn, otherwise I would have realised that there was no point moving and dodging since no one had weapons at the ready in front of me. 😬

I’d like to think some “higher” thoughts.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I half-move toward the robot. If I can, I attack, if not I dodge

Missing @strange-fellow and @brutus-trump

I nuke the shit out of Z.

I'll move a space to the right and a space up so I can guard Porkbelly.

Part III, turn 3

Nice gif again, if you want to see what I saw:

In a nutshell, what first happens is a gemstone exchange. Bruno's gemstone lands short, but close enough to Baud to wound him badly (6 damage) and stun him. Another hit like that and he is dead (5 HP left)

The elite guy in the back hit Porkbelly for 4 damage, also stunning him. This is for the better, because Porkbelly had planned to throw a gemstone at the robot, and Baud had planned to melee the robot, so it would not have ended well.

In any case, with 6 HP left, Porkbelly's new gemstone range is 2 tiles.

Finally, Strange Fellow bullseyes the robot for 10 damage (+ stun - a robot typically has 22 HP), also neutralizing the enemy mob next to the robot !

With 3 characters stunned, Captain reloading and Skosveinn swapping weapon, there is very few movements left to do :

Dayyalu and baud have reacted to this post.
Dayyalubaud

Beautiful grenade Strange Fellow! Almost as good as what I would have done had I bothered with such un-elegant weapons.

Full move towards the robot, time to engage this oversized tin can in melee.

Also, we're gonna need someone to start redeploying to our northern side, I'm way too slow to do that myself.

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

What chance is there of hitting a teammate if I attacked the robot with my phaser?

Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 9 January 2022, 16h10

What chance is there of hitting a teammate if I attacked the robot with my phaser?

Zero...I think. 

CaptainGrimlock has reacted to this post.
CaptainGrimlock
Quote from Andnjord on 9 January 2022, 17h04
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 9 January 2022, 16h10

Zero...I think. 

Indeed, zero. Non gemstone/gapers attack are either hit or miss, it cannot hit the wrong target.

Andnjord and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
AndnjordCaptainGrimlock

Then I fire at the robot. Let’s secure the flank before moving forward to surround them.

Dang that sniper!

Switching to phasor. Maybe I can zap something before I pass out again.

If I throw the last grenade to the 'bot, there is now a risk of splash damage?

If no, boom the bot, if yes, I position myself behind the combat line and throw my last gemstone against the Froglo. Let's hope I don't need to engage the bot with MY BARE HANDS.

baud has reacted to this post.
baud

well, I sleep this turn. I just hope I'll still be alive for the next

it is a single stun, so you only lost your action the previous turn. You can move this turn.

Quote from baud on 9 January 2022, 20h40

Quote from Dayyalu on 9 January 2022, 20h31

If I throw the last grenade to the 'bot, there is now a risk of splash damage?

If no, boom the bot, if yes, I position myself behind the combat line and throw my last gemstone against the Froglo. Let's hope I don't need to engage the bot with MY BARE HANDS.

If you throw anything at the bot and hit, you kill Baud for sure.

if you don’t move, throw and don’t miss, you ll get the froggo. If you move, he moves, then you throw at his new position and if Baud is nearby…

I'm sorry, I can't hear you all over the cacophony of my magnificence. I switch weapons.

Andnjord
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 9 January 2022, 20h48

it is a single stun, so you only lost your action the previous turn. You can move this turn.

Quote from baud on 9 January 2022, 20h40

ah, I missed that. So I'll attack the robot

Andnjord

I will halfmove to the right and attack the robot Y.

PreviousPage 14 of 24Next