Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 12 of 24Next

Game on! I'd like to ditch the Light Armor and switch the Slicer to a Gemstone.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I’ll keep my load out. I’m becoming quite the sharpshooter.

I'm good with my current loadout.

It's a shame switching weapons take so much time, that reduces opportunities to use secondary weapons

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
Quote from baud on 29 December 2021, 11h55

I'm good with my current loadout.

It's a shame switching weapons take so much time, that reduces opportunities to use secondary weapons

I agree. The game has some issues like this. This one is the worst as you train your weapon skill by using the weapons… but since you rarely change weapon you end up very highly specialized.

No movement while reloading decreases tactical options, and I wish the weapons were not in a linear scale of power (I would have prefered if smaller weapons gave you initiative or dexterity advantage)

Andnjord, Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarionCaptainGrimlock

Yeh, I get two gemstones. I will kill the Space Green Berets WITH MY HANDS.

Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarion

“Andjord has gained two skill point”

YOU FOOLS, THIS ISN’T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!

I’ll stick to my current load out, you can’t improve on the flawless perfection honed in decades of training.

The Wargaming Scribe and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeKalarion

Part III - Placement

You have all equipped as your preference. Porkbelly now has a phasor, a gemstone and no armor. Skos has 2 gemstones.

You see one of the elite guards receive a radio com, and leave the position, so now there is only one elite guard, 3 grunts and 2 robots [yeah, balancing reason mostly 🙂]. It is now or never !

Neither side achieves surprise. I bent slightly the rules and let you see the initial deployment of the other side (I decided I would deploy them manually rather than let the AI do it)

You can deploy anywhere left of the turquoise line. Keep in mind, again, that you won't surprise them, so the first turn resolution will be simultaneous. They will be 100% AI controlled.

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion

I'll strike a taunting pose from my position in the rear. Gem at the ready.

Can you please put me halfway between the green pillar and the north boundary.

Hoping to draw those two gem armed baddies forward into the bottleneck.

Kalarion

I’ll be at the bottom, right behind the wall. I need to be behind cover with my 6hp and all.

Kalarion

Top, behind the wall. Someone needs to draw them in so we can use properly our explosives.

Top, behind the wall. Next to Dayyalu. (the idea being to rush the closest enemy and shank them. As usual)

I'll start behind the captain, gemstone at the ready. I think a good strategy would be to lure them closer and then bumrush them when they get close enough to the wall that our heavy ordnance has a chance of hitting. Porkbelly's position should do nicely for that.

Missing @brutus-trump and @andnjord

Bottom side, just under the green cover, nice and exposed to draw their attention.

I’ll be halfway between the top green cover and the building, ready to draw them in.

Part III - Turn 0

Well, you know the drill - this is the initial situation. Rutus and Baud were in competition for the same spot, so I chose to put Rutus closer to the front.

Again, no surprise, you will be fighting against the AI (I will use the battle for the main blog article).

Quote from Strange Fellow on 2 January 2022, 15h32

I think a good strategy would be to lure them closer and then bumrush them when they get close enough to the wall that our heavy ordnance has a chance of hitting. Porkbelly's position should do nicely for that.

I think that's a better idea than what I had in mind of rushing ahead (and most likely getting shot/blown to bits before doing anything)

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

Agree. Let's hold position until we can see the whites of their pixel eyes.

In that case I’m “moving” and dodging.

I gracefully move and dodge one diagonal south east, like the elegant dancer that I also trained myself to be.

PreviousPage 12 of 24Next