Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Recruiting crew for the B.S.M. Pandora maiden voyage !

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next
Quote from DDG Ahab on 12 April 2022, 15h38
Suggestion - give me the Ikit. I might be able to fix it for you and save you the trip.

I am going to the Weapon Pod to repair my Stungun. The Ikit is only useful to repair other kits, and the Weapon Pod is the surest way for me to get a functioning weapon, so I will definitely go to it.

Nevertheless, I have dropped the faulty Ikit in Pod 8, if you want it.

You may want to trek over to Pod 1, where this beast is awaiting:

There might also be an item or two, there, and the console theoretically allows you to control some bots, so it could be worth a look.

As for me, I am headed for the Wep Pod. I will feel better once I know I can defend myself. My luck cannot hold on for much longer.

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluPorkbelly
Quote from Argyraspide on 13 April 2022, 10h35

The Ikit is only useful to repair other kits

Oh. That makes a broken Ikit a lot less useful then. If you can fix it, then you might as well just fix other kits without it.

Ivy Five can wait. Deck 1 is on the critical path, and my peg-leg can just barely drag me and my envirig across pod 9.

One of you will have to fix the conpod. I don't think anything horrible happens if you fail to repair a red pod. I have no idea how long we have until cold shutdown happens.

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

Using the Enviro Pod's console on Level 3 will let us know how long we have until the cold embrace of death. Its condition is yellow, so it might work.

I'm heading back down. Nothing I can do against that Abominid with my bare paws. I suppose we could try reading it poetry, maybe it will blow itself out the airlock.

My intelligence is low (ha!) so I am not going to be very effective at Con Pod repair, but I have a vacuum rig so I can give it a go. I think the red Con Pod should be the priority. If we're lucky the Power Pod could be in fair enough shape for a Restart.

That CompKit unfortunately is only useful for repairing the Comp Pod. All fixed now, so I done left the kit there.

I did find the Dcon Com in the corridor outside the Med Pod, but looks like all those bots are out of order.

Still pottering about on Level 1 but heading for the lift now. Teleman out.

The Wargaming Scribe and Dayyalu have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyalu

You move like an insect. You *think* like an insect. You *are* an insect.

I have the feeling the onboard computer is less friendly to me compared to the other crewmembers. Just a feeling. Ok, let's drop the useless CompCon and drag ourselves to Enviro.

The plan is easy, next round I get in, get the StunBomb, stun the Glassman, get him to Restraint and then repair Enviro. Foolproof.

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

<panting >

< huffing and puffing >

< regaining composure >

Oh ! Hi Claire !

< grunting >

Oh Goood !

< gasping >

Those bots are faaaaast !

Porkbelly

Not much to report. I have successfully activated the Wep Pod's system, and am now the proud owner of a fully functional stungun.

@ddg-ahab: You should go to the nearby Con Pod and attempt to repair it. There does not seem to be any kit for that task, we have to rely on our intelligence. I think attempting manual repairs is the only way.

Porkbelly and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
PorkbellyDDG Ahab

Guess I'll try. Wish I could move faster though, and the suit is not helping!

Porkbelly

Looks like Ahab has the Con Pod on 2 so I'm heading for Level 3.

I checked the LandLok Pod on the way. No tools but found a beastie called the Reeler.

Seemed harmless so I took it with me,  will drop it off at the Restraint Pod on 3. Teleman out.

Eat this, creature of questionable biology!

Stunned the beastie and running towards the Restraint Pod. I think I will repair Enviro before checking the Stunbomb condition or capturing other specimens. Hope it's green.

Porkbelly

The bots ! Finally !

Sending the recon bot to, err "recon".

Hey, there is some kind of wolly mammoth between the bot and the murderomnid. The mammoth is trying to flee

< checks Manifest >

Hey, it is a Urasmax !

Well, I tried to stun it 4 times, and I failed 4 times.  Good thing it blocks the way to the murderomnid...  I need to find a solution, or be a bit more competent with the bot though.

Dayyalu, Porkbelly and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbellyDDG Ahab

I do not think there is anything productive I can do on Level 2, so my new goal is to reach Level 1 and assist our Commanding Officer in clearing and repairing pods there.

Dayyalu, Porkbelly and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbellyDDG Ahab

As much as it pains me, I left the turbolaser outside the con pod. It won't help me fix the console. @argyraspide suggest you take it to the abomnid for backup and leave me the stunner.

Now to try to try to fix up the con pod.

Ah petunias.

Reeler restrained in the Pod on Level 3.

Will continue to pick up the errant beasties down here. Teleman out.

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluDDG Ahab

Glassman restrained.

I got....points? Can I spend them to improve my statistics?

The Wargaming Scribe and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDDG Ahab

< panting > Reached Pod 8 < heavy breathing > Bots are there. < heavy breathing > Aliens too.

< heavy breathing > Going to try to stun the lot soon < heavy breathing >

@ddg-ahab, I would rather keep my stungun rather than doubling back to pick up your weapon, even if it is superior. The urgency of the situation pushes me to keep moving forward. You can pick it back up after you are done with the pod to defend yourself.

Having transmitted the above over the radio, I run towards the elevator at the end of the hallway, push the "Up" button and wait for the few seconds it takes the powerful hydraulic system to take me to Level 1, taking the opportunity to catch my breath.

I arrive on the upper level. It is eerily quiet now.

Porkbelly

Cool. The computer won't start, and I forgot what the beep codes mean. Ok, let me try reseating the RAM.

Great. Magnetic core memory.

*spends next two minutes frantically rewiring*

*slams reset*

The Wargaming Scribe and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribePorkbelly

Looks like it's getting dangerous to be out without a weapon.

Will sit tight until a clear task presents itself. Teleman out.

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next