Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #7 : The Alien

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next

Porker and prod head through the Bridge and into Port Passage 1 to check out that blip. If there is no alien I'll move into Hold 2 and have a looksee there. Anything proddable gets prodded.

While the majority of the crew hunts cats instead of the murderous Xeno, I will support Porker with my stungun. Same moves, Port Passage 1 and Hold 2, safety in numbers.

Is there any reason to drag the caged beast back to the lab? Come to think of it, will doing so slow me down at all? I'm headed back to the lab to pick up another cage in any case, might as well bring this one with me if it doesn't weigh me down.

Quote from Strange Fellow on 13 June 2022, 22h09

Is there any reason to drag the caged beast back to the lab? Come to think of it, will doing so slow me down at all? I'm headed back to the lab to pick up another cage in any case, might as well bring this one with me if it doesn't weigh me down.

I think animals can esccape cages. And they are in limited number, so we need to empty them regularly.

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

I am missing @captaingrimlock ; Gubbison will make a flamethrower.

@strange-fellow : A full cage will not slow you down. Note that it takes two turns to move from the Sick Bay to the Lab (the ventilation takes 2 actions points in and 2 action points out).

Also, a prod won't help you much without a cage. The dart pistol is something else.

Final note : I was not super consistent with Helly's first move, but you need to stop (not move further) in a room before checking what is doing a "bleep" here, so either you inspect the Hold 2, or you inspect the Port Passage 2 (where the 2 bleeps are).

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

I’ll enter PP1, then the bridge, then pick up the dart pistol.

Turn 4 :

• Captain Grimlock returns to the bridge and pick up a dart pistol.
  • Prof Argyraspide and Doctor Strange are running through the corridors to join the Lab, where Helly is still holding a cat.
    Cats in the future are massive beasts, little known fact.
  • Gubbison is minding her own business in the Armoury, making a flamethrower. "As long as I don't have a full share, I am doing my job and nothing more"
  • Meanwhile, the only two who seem to care about the alien, Lt Dayyalu and Chief Porker, inspect the Port Passage. There ! Something moves...
    ... no, it is only a stupid non-canon Fontema (an animal)...
    < jump scare >

Dayyalu tries to defend himself with the dart gun (he is NOT allowed to use a laser weapon because well, the alien is not dangerous, RIGHT ?).

Well, two mistakes there.

• First, it seems the alien is not affected by the sleep dart (is it immune ? Very possible).
  • Second : The alien is dangerous. You knew because you had seen the movie, of course, but the in-game Lieutenant Dayyalu did not.

Chief Porker tries to use his prod rod :

It is a success. Now you need someone with a cage to quickly come before the alien breaks control ! [and yes, you can empty cages]. Chief Porker cannot move, he is too busy trying to control the alien.

Well, two more things you should know :

• The alien is definitely dangerous ! You can toss aside the stupid "no lethal weapon" directive, toss aside the God-damn nets whose holes are larger than the alien and go heavy.
  • One of you received a message about being the Android.
Dayyalu and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
DayyaluStrange Fellow

Lt Dayyalu right now:

Either way, let me start off by saying I am NOT the android but an honest-to-god, salt-of-the-earth space, law-abiding astronaut.

Having said that, I'm staying in the Armoury to finish my flamethrower for now. Y'all aren't paying me enough to take any chances.

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluPorkbelly

I've got this thing cornered but we're going to need a bigger cage asap!

If it runs I'll go after it with t'prod.

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

Careful, Porker. Those things are fast. Did I ever tell you about that time on the rebuilt colony on LV-426, when the comms got shut down and the Xenos managed to ....

Captain! What's that? MOVEMENT!

It's a Xeno! Shoot the fucking thing! I'm not taking chances, it's the laspis.....

*PING*

WELCOME TO THE WAYLAND-YUTANI AUTOMATED SAFETY SYSTEM: SAFETY DISENGAGE REQUEST LOGGED

PLEASE DESCRIBE THE NATURE OF THE EMERGENCY AND PROVIDE JUSTIFICATION FOR WEAPON USE

ALL IMPROPER WEAPON USE WILL BE SANCTIONED UNDER CORPORATE LAW CODE 45.13

*PING*

STUNGUN THEN IT'S IN LARVAL FORM IT SHOULD BE EASY, PORKER COVER MY REAR

I didn't know what I expected. Sigh...... GUYS REMEMBER THE MANUAL....  BLARGH

Hey, at least it was short. Good luck men, you'll need it. Do not let my sacrifice be in vain.

The Wargaming Scribe, Strange Fellow and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeStrange FellowHellyCaptainGrimlock

I guess I'll go to the lab to pick up a cage, then back to the bridge. Unless I can reach the alien and attempt to capture it, but I don't think I'll have enough movement points.

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

Uh oh spaghettios! It's an alien!!!

But not to worry, because I've got a cunning plan that will surely save everyone aboard this ship, including Dayyalu's dead body. Can I let the cat out of the cage? If so, it should only take me one single turn to reach Porky with an empty cage at the ready. We'll stuff the alium in it, and Bob will be our uncle. You other guys can start raiding the galley in preparation for the party we're throwing this evening to commemorate my success.

“Sigh. I leave the room for 10 seconds, and my number 1 dies. What do I even pay you grunts for?”

I move BACK into port passage 1 and unload a full battery into the filthy xenos scum.

EDIT: I mean I’m using the laser rifle.

Porkbelly
Quote from Argyraspide on 14 June 2022, 20h04

I guess I'll go to the lab to pick up a cage, then back to the bridge. Unless I can reach the alien and attempt to capture it, but I don't think I'll have enough movement points.

You don't have a cage, only Fellow has one.

So moving you to the lab.

I ll assume Helly will keep holding the animal.

Well, what do you know. You CANNOT actually release an animal from a cage. 1982 game FTW

So @strange-fellow - new instruction please :).

Also, @Helly if you want to drop the cat and attend to other priorities, tell me. Else, someone should arrive soon allowing you to cage the animal.

As far as I'm concerned, this feline creature is the highest danger on this ship right now so I'm not moving a iota!

Porkbelly

Get... out! All that effort you spent avoiding being put IN the cage, now you refuse to get OUT, you flea-bitten menace! Out, out!

...Fine. I take the cat back to the lab and put it in the freezer permanent cage, then grab an empty cage and start heading towards Porkbelly.

Porkbelly

Turn 5 :

Captain Grimlock rushes to the Port Passage where he finds the body of Dayyalu and his weapons, but not the alien. He somehow missed Chief Porker proding an alien in front of him. It looks like the Chief will lose control of the alien but no, he reaches the bridge without issue.

Dr Strange reaches the lab and, AND :

He can also check the list of animals in the labcage :

Helly still has the cat in his hands, but he will be able to transfer to a cage as part of the special action, then move normally. Note that Dr Strange will be the proud owner of a caged cat, but will not be able to transfer to the labcage AND move (since he will have used his special action to cage the animal).

Finally, Pf Argyraspide get into the laboratory, pick a cage, and then runs toward the bridge.

Ah, and Gubbisson carries on building a flame-thrower.

Porkbelly

It's all or nothing, now. I go to the bridge and try to cage the alien.

Porkbelly

CaptainGrimlock rolled a 1 on his perception check.

I follow Porker, and try to turn the alien into Swiss cheese.

Porkbelly
PreviousPage 4 of 6Next