Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 9 of 24Next
Quote from Andnjord on 19 December 2021, 23h33

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, this should be the last question (I hope) before I'll go and ponder my next move: can we (and by extension the bad guys and especially Squeezie) move through green and blue cover tiles?

Nope, no one can. Except if they blow a passage open with your "weapon".

Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarion
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 19 December 2021, 22h16

That was short, but thank you for participating Kalarion.

o7.

The nation will not forget your sacrifice. The other mercs will loot your corpse and dump in in the closest ditch. But still nice knowing you, pal.

Not much to do other than a standing attack

The Wargaming Scribe, Andnjord and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeAndnjordStrange FellowKalarionBrutus Trump
Quote from baud on 20 December 2021, 0h09

o7.

The nation will not forget your sacrifice. The other mercs will loot your corpse and dump in in the closest ditch. But still nice knowing you, pal.

Wait, wasn't he supposed to be our waterboarding enhanced interrogation expert?

The Wargaming Scribe and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeKalarion
Quote from Andnjord on 20 December 2021, 0h11

o7.

I believe Fellow could fill Kalarion's shoes.

AndnjordKalarion
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 20 December 2021, 0h13

That's M'lord <3

Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
KalarionCaptainGrimlock

The human right in front of me needs to be shot (by me) again.

Full attack.

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 20 December 2021, 0h13
Quote from Andnjord on 20 December 2021, 0h11

o7.

Just give me a soundproofed room and ten minutes. Five if he's wearing boxer shorts.

The Wargaming Scribe, Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeAndnjordKalarion

I'll go and ponder my next move

pondering his move

made me think of that meme. So I did a version for the thread

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluAndnjordStrange FellowKalarionBrutus TrumpCaptainGrimlock

So need we still need Kalarion's shoes, eh? On it!

Running away from Squashy I head down/right and practice my samurai moves on "C"... Chuck? Carl? Ctesiphon?

Strange Fellow and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
Strange FellowKalarion

All Hail Kalarion, long may he be remembered in the Halls of Glory.

I move and stun the Dulbian. If not in range, I move as close as possible to stun next round.

Kalarion
Quote from Porkbelly on 20 December 2021, 6h19

So need we still need Kalarion's shoes, eh? On it!

Running away from Squashy I head down/right and practice my samurai moves on "C"... Chuck? Carl? Ctesiphon?

Just to be sure, you won't be able to reach C[hristina] and attack her, and by the time you join her she may have moved.

On the other hand, Squeezie is currently weaponless and in reach.

Just saying. Not nudging you at all, no sir.

Kalarion

The Pondering is finished.

As Dayya is moving in on the Dulbian and I have little faith in Porkbelly being able to deal with Squashie, I'll move diagonally one south, one to the east, getting myself in cover and away from the Dulbian (assuming he doesn't stun my ass in his standing attack) and pushing the ambassador with me one to the east.

On the other hand, Squeezie is currently weaponless and in reach.

Just saying. Not nudging you at all, no sir.

A strange rage has suddenly come over me. Warghh! Yes, we go north, and slice ourselves off a slab of squishy-steak!

What could go wrong!?

AndnjordKalarion
Quote from baud on 20 December 2021, 0h32

I'll go and ponder my next move

pondering his move

made me think of that meme. So I did a version for the thread

Hilarious.

That is definitely how my Zorcon sees himself, and the beard looking like a neck-beard is even better!

Kalarion

Part II, turn 3 :

CaptainGrimlock shoots first, and oh boy ! Critical hit (aka as "full hit" in this game) !

Baud shivs Eva Edward for 2 more damage, Rutus misses once again, and then...

That's not a critical hit, but Baud has no armor and very little strength, so he is trivial to stun !

Meanwhile, Squeezie pulls another gemstone - who knows how many he has - and Fellow pulls his phasor rifle.

So, overall, that's what happened :

Then it is movement, and sometimes movement and attack time :

Andnjord pushes the ambassador, the Dulbian follows, but she misses. Skosveinn moves down. Christina moves toward the ambassador. Porkbelly jumps on the ambassador, but misses his stab.

And, er, uh oh, who are those guys ?

... hey, it is Gorsai policemen !

Uh. Not expected. Well, the silver lining is that there is no way they saw who started this combat, and they don't like humans either, so they are probably going to try to bash both sides, then solve it later at the station. Which means they will use stun weapons exclusively - they probably don't carry anything else.

Final situation :

[the "policemen who have no idea who started the fight" is the only way I could make sense of Gorsais, who randomly switch team in combat in the rules... right now they have your team's colors. A good sign...]

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

Since I'm stunned, I won't be able to do much next turn, but I guess we'll have to continue to move the ambassador and work on the mercenaries (ignoring Darius who's stunned)

Andnjord

Now i will show the SUPERIORITY of my Genetic Heritage!

Move down-left. Stun the Heavy Disruptor guy.

Andnjord

Pondering time...

So our two options:

-No cap, kill all. Rutus and Baud SHOULD be able to eventually finish off Edward. Dayyalu and Fellow SHOULD be able to dispose of the Dulbian. Captain SHOULD kill Daniel next time he gets to shoot.

This leaves Squishay in a fight with Porkbelly. Can Squeezie use his grenade while engaged in melee? I'm guessing that if he gets to switch to a melee weapon he'll be able to clean up Porkbelly. I don't think Porkbelly will be able to hold on for too long, he will need help soon if we on't want him to join Kalarion in the Elysium of our glorious heroes. There is also Charlie Christina roving around with her slicer that will need to be disposed off.

Choosing to fight it out means I could fight as well, so an extra body for us in the melee.

-Keep on dragging the ambassador to the finish line regardless of anything else. This should be the safest option as we should have enough bodies to throw at the bad guys if nothing else.

And there are still the police guards, but considering their position there is a good chance they'll go for Squeezie and Porkbelly, which would be to our advantage.

Can I half-move and dodge considering the ZOC of the Dulbian is reducing my movement?

I feel that the best option would be for us to finish off Edward ASAP, then have either me or @brutus-trump secure the ambassador while everyone else mobs the security+police.

I'll temporarily go for "It's time for The Blade, M'lords", but I might still flip-flop.

You can half-move and dodge.

Fire again. Us Dulbians take pride in our shooting skills. Once he is done with, I’ll secure the ambassador.

PreviousPage 9 of 24Next