Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 8 of 24Next

I'll head straight up two spaces and cower beside the blue convertible.

Kalarion, you gonna get jammed in there. If you want to skip out into the street ahead of me, now your's chance.

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion

I switch to my Stun mace.

Time for Objective Based Engagement, boys.

Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarion
Quote from Andnjord on 18 December 2021, 2h34

So at the moment, neither Fellow nor Dayyalu can move past me, right? And if I want to change to my melee weapon, I can't move out of the way either, correct?

I think if that's the case, I'll move two tiles straight down in order to put my ZOC on the Dulbian, the 'F' human and the Ambassador, I'll change to my melee weapon next turn. Time to make use of my heavy armor and high hit points. CHAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!

You can move in diagonal, so they can move past you easily.

Kalarion

The enemy is now pretty warned, though some may still be so shocked that they are unable to move.

You're walking down the quiet, peaceful street surrounded by your faithful bodyguards. It's almost Christmas, but the normaly busy commercial avenue has been emptied beforehand by your security in order to allow you to discreetly buy gifts for your family, the various other government officials you're trying to keep in your pocket and your mistress. It's a cold, crisp and beautiful winter morning, the sun barely starting to warm up the air. 

Then the world exploded.

The wall next to you suddenly blows up and a grenade flies out of the still falling debris, detonating on your Dulbian bodyguard, ripping out one of his horn-arms. A screeching ostrich comes out of nowhere and starts shanking Edward with a laser sword behind you. A minuscule Koraci jumps out of a door and machine guns Daniel while shouting non-sensical commands in front of you. To the side, another Koraci shouts about guns and freedoms and obliterates Charlie's leg with a phaser shot. Amongst all this, a naked human starts approaching you casually, not even trying to hide the fact that he is not, in fact, happy to see you, but that his third leg is a giant slicer.

Then suddenly, a hulking, fedora wearing giant clumsily steps out of the wall breach, furiously tipping his hat at everyone, shouting: "M'LOOOOORDS!!!"

What do you do?

"I SHIT IN ME PANTS BRUH!!!!!!"

The Wargaming Scribe, baud and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribebaudStrange FellowKalarionBrutus TrumpPorkbelly
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 18 December 2021, 12h18

You can move in diagonal, so they can move past you easily.

Ok, I'll still full move two tiles South to body block as many people as I can.

Kalarion

Eh. No guts no glory.

I reload.

Kalarion
Quote from Andnjord on 18 December 2021, 12h37

The enemy is now pretty warned, though some may still be so shocked that they are unable to move.

You're walking down the quiet, peaceful street surrounded by your faithful bodyguards. It's almost Christmas, but the normaly busy commercial avenue has been emptied beforehand by your security in order to allow you to discreetly buy gifts for your family, the various other government officials you're trying to keep in your pocket and your mistress. It's a cold, crisp and beautiful winter morning, the sun barely starting to warm up the air. 

Then the world exploded.

The wall next to you suddenly blows up and a grenade flies out of the still falling debris, detonating on your Dulbian bodyguard, ripping out one of his horn-arms. A screeching ostrich comes out of nowhere and starts shanking Edward with a laser sword behind you. A minuscule Koraci jumps out of a door and machine guns Daniel while shouting non-sensical commands in front of you. To the side, another Koraci shouts about guns and freedoms and obliterates Charlie's leg with a phaser shot. Amongst all this, a naked human starts approaching you casually, not even trying to hide the fact that he is not, in fact, happy to see you, but that his third leg is a giant slicer.

Then suddenly, a hulking, fedora wearing giant clumsily steps out of the wall breach, furiously tipping his hat at everyone, shouting: "M'LOOOOORDS!!!"

What do you do?

"I SHIT IN ME PANTS BRUH!!!!!!"

Just for that I will convert the Ambassador "half-move" I had planned next turn into another turn of doing nothing.

Which may save you, because you seem pretty light in the "stun weapons" department.

baud, Andnjord and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordKalarionCaptainGrimlock

I continue to cut Ed in little pieces.

AndnjordKalarion
Quote from baud on 18 December 2021, 19h26

Can you move first? It's cramped in here.

Kalarion
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 18 December 2021, 14h00

Which may save you, because you seem pretty light in the "stun weapons" department.

That's what they say!

I bomb the shit out of mister F.

Quote from Andnjord on 18 December 2021, 2h34

CHAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!

Oh, stop it, you're getting me all tingly..

AndnjordKalarion

Baud, you need to decide : half-move to let Rutus move while attacking - but then the human may attack you first (and who knows, stun you), or stun and you WILL attack first, but then Rutus cannot move and attack, only move away from the human.

In which case Rutus needs to tell me if he stand and attack, or move away in diagonal by one tile (since he is in a ZOC)

Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
KalarionBrutus Trump
Quote from Brutus Trump on 18 December 2021, 20h43
Quote from baud on 18 December 2021, 19h26

Can you move first? It's cramped in here.

Sorry, I though you could move. I half-move, staying close to the human, then attack

Kalarion

Thank you, Baud. I'll half move 1 space down and fire on the E human.

Kalarion

Part II, turn 2

Fellow attacks first, as no one else is attacking. He throws a perfect gemstone on "Mister F", aka known as Filip.

I am not sure whether it is a good thing or a bad thing that it lands where expected because Filip is killed instantly - good thing (for your group anyway) - but the ambassador is badly wounded, and heavily stunned. At least he won't run anywhere.

After that, it is movement time. The only bodyguard that is not surprised is Squeezie, and to a lesser extent the guard in front of Captain who is allowed a half-move. That guard moves, as do Andnjord, Rutus, Porkbelly and Baud. Captain reloads, Kalarion swaps weapons. Squeezie also moves...

... and I am not sure why you did not think that neutralizing the only named hostile was not a good idea, because Squeezie immediately throws one of its first gemstones, perfect thrown as always with Squeezie, and it lands right on Kalarion's feet :

14 damage, for reference Kalarion had 8 HP so it is instant death. That was short, but thank you for participating Kalarion. Porkbelly is bruised with 2 damage (out of 14).

Baud stabs the bodyguard Eva Edward for 2 damage. Rutus, unsurprisingly, misses. It may seem depressing to always miss, but keep in mind that hitting with a heavy disruptor is the same thing as a direct hit with a gemstone: painful.

Your turn - the Ambassador is stunned, no one else is surprised, and the human bodyguards all pulled their slicers.

Small note : I had swapped Fellow and Skosveinn's position in the previous turn, which I realized at the beginning of this one. I took a couple blank turns to correct that.

baud, Andnjord and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordStrange FellowKalarionBrutus Trump

Time for me to switch to 'THE BLADE'

Kalarion
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 19 December 2021, 22h16

Fellow attacks first, as no one else is attacking. He throws a perfect gemstone on "Mister F", aka known as Filip.

I am not sure whether it is a good thing or a bad thing that it lands where expected because Filip is killed instantly - good thing (for your group anyway) - but the ambassador is badly wounded, and heavily stunned. At least he won't run anywhere.

They told me to bring him in alive, not unharmed.

I switch to my trusty phazor.

The Wargaming Scribe, Andnjord and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeAndnjordKalarionBrutus Trump

AKSUALLY....Just to make sure, but the ambassador IS stunned as long as I'm staying where I am, right?

Also, what are the odds that Squeezie will lob a grenade at my face if I'm next to the ambassador considering the risk of friendly fire?

And third question, is the dulbian still stunned?

Kalarion

Proposal to the gang: I could actually start dragging the Ambassador towards the parc right now, assuming Baud and Rutus can dispose of Edward and that the others can M'eatshield for me and the Amb. Also, someone (with a loaded gun) woud need to dispose of the Dulbian right at the start the turn.

Or do you guys feel confident enough to be able to deal with the rest of the security?

Kalarion
Quote from Andnjord on 19 December 2021, 22h38

AKSUALLY....Just to make sure, but the ambassador IS stunned as long as I'm staying where I am, right?

Also, what are the odds that Squeezie will lob a grenade at my face if I'm next to the ambassador considering the risk of friendly fire?

And third question, is the dulbian still stunned?

Yes for the first question.

For the second, well, probably. Depends on whether Squeezie works for the ambassador, or for someone else above the ambassador.

The Dulbian is not stunned anymore.

As for dragging the ambassador, well, as long as the Dulbian is next to you that's one tile by turn (by game rule, not even by house rule).

AndnjordKalarion

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, this should be the last question (I hope) before I'll go and ponder my next move: can we (and by extension the bad guys and especially Squeezie) move through green and blue cover tiles?

As the Dulbian and I have the same speed of 2, which one of us would attack first if we were to both attack each other with our disruptors and or hands?

Kalarion
PreviousPage 8 of 24Next