Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 7 of 24Next
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 16 December 2021, 1h04

(A for ambassador)

There is not enough space for for two A's in this world...

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion
Quote from Porkbelly on 16 December 2021, 8h01

Looks good! Rutus can punch him in the face as he goes past and then bustle him out through the trees.

Piece of cake! What could go wrong? 🙂

Knowing every heist movie ever, there will inevitably be something crucial we didn’t plan for.

Kalarion

Part II, turn 0

Two preliminary comments:

- In the previous battle, I stated that you could throw gemstones anywhere. Actually you cannot, it needs to be aimed at someone. I kind of, er, adapted when you asked me to throw a grenade in the middle of a group as I was incorrect in my instruction

- You have one turn to swap weapons before the battle starts. It is too late to CHANGE weapon.

You take your position and see the ambassador running. As expected, he is with Squeezie, running on the other side of the street. There is also four humans - weapons unknown - and more worryingly an armoured Dulbian with a heavy disruptor following the ambassador. The humans don't seem too problematic, but the Dulbian looks battle-hardened. She may be a problem.

They have not seen you.

baud and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
baudKalarion

Since the duo Ian is slow, it shouldn’t get to me if I move into the doorway.

I half move into the doorway (1 left and 1 down) and shoot the human if I have line of sight.

Otherwise I move 1 left and 2 down and shoot the human.

I pop out just outside the doorway to blast Human C in the face.

I'll unsheath my slicer first. Then move to stand in the doorway after Kalarion exits and get ready to shiv Squeegee.

Kalarion
Quote from Porkbelly on 17 December 2021, 1h24

I'll unsheath my slicer first. Then move to stand in the doorway after Kalarion exits and get ready to shiv Squeegee.

I am not sure what you mean? You shiv Squeezie in the opening turn or one turn after Kalarion shoots ?

Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
KalarionCaptainGrimlock

I move outside of the room and attack the closest human ('E').

Kalarion

I ready my ray gun to blow out the wall in front of me.

*Tips fedora towards Fellow and Dayyalu* M'lords.

Kalarion

I'll half move and follow Baud out so I'll be in the doorway with a full move. FOR THE DULBIANS.

Kalarion
Quote from Brutus Trump on 17 December 2021, 12h37

I'll half move and follow Baud out so I'll be in the doorway with a full move. FOR THE DULBIANS.

The game has Zone of Control, so it is likely only one of you can get out this turn.

Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
KalarionBrutus Trump
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 17 December 2021, 1h38

I am not sure what you mean? You shiv Squeezie in the opening turn or one turn after Kalarion shoots ?

I'll play innocent and hold off attacking until the beast moves past or beside me.  I'm assuming he'll rush K and we'll need to hit him from two sides.

Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarion

Can I wait for And to nuke the wall, move in a proper position (above him, for example) and Gemstone the Dulbian?

If not, I move for a proper throw next turn.

Kalarion
Quote from Dayyalu on 17 December 2021, 18h10

Can I wait for And to nuke the wall, move in a proper position (above him, for example) and Gemstone the Dulbian?

If not, I move for a proper throw next turn.

Given the ruleset, if you move and throw, then it will be resolved AFTER And blows up an opening.

Kalarion

I wait until Andnjord has asploded the wall. I get ready with a grenade though, since it looks like most of the bodyguards are close. Provided that the wall-asploding device doesn't cause area damage! If it does, I take a step back.

*nods at Andnjord* M'eatshield.

baud and Andnjord have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjord
Quote from Strange Fellow on 17 December 2021, 22h58

"Always ready to whiteknight for you, boss."

@admin6572 Query: If I'm in melee with someone, can the others shoot at the target I'm currently engaging? Could they move 'through' me (say if I'm standing in the doorway and the want to got to the other side?

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow
Quote from Andnjord on 17 December 2021, 23h02
Quote from Strange Fellow on 17 December 2021, 22h58

"Always ready to whiteknight for you, boss."

@admin6572 Query: If I'm in melee with someone, can the others shoot at the target I'm currently engaging? Could they move 'through' me (say if I'm standing in the doorway and the want to got to the other side?

• You cannot move through your friends
  • Don't forget that when in an enemy ZOC, you can only move 1 tile (not that it changes much for some of you)
  • You can shoot with friends in melee, and it is not even harder to hit your target. Friends are not considered "obstacles", if you will.
Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
AndnjordStrange Fellow

Part II, turn 1

You have achieved absolute surprise.

As planned, Andnjord blows the wall while everyone not with him pours out of various building, except Porkbelly who tries to look casual.

Sadly, at this scale of the battle there is no "high-res" graphics as they called them in 1982, only letters for characters.

Captain Grimlock had to move more than expected to avoid the wall blocking his shoot, but it is worth it, and he wounds one of the guard. She winces in pain.

Kalarion also wounds another one, and Baud shivs a third guard. The only "fail" is Rutus, who (blocked a bit by the wall) misses his target.

But the most perfect action came from Skovsveinn :

Right on the Dulbian, 10 damage AND heavy stun. How great is that !

The enemy is now pretty warned, though some may still be so shocked that they are unable to move.

Keep in mind that Captain Grimlock and Kalarion need to either reload or change weapon, and Skosveinn has his "hands" equiped.

Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
KalarionCaptainGrimlock

Darn it, they’re still up.

Should I run or reload? Both seem like bad options.

So at the moment, neither Fellow nor Dayyalu can move past me, right? And if I want to change to my melee weapon, I can't move out of the way either, correct?

I think if that's the case, I'll move two tiles straight down in order to put my ZOC on the Dulbian, the 'F' human and the Ambassador, I'll change to my melee weapon next turn. Time to make use of my heavy armor and high hit points. CHAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!

Strange Fellow, Kalarion and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
Strange FellowKalarionPorkbelly
PreviousPage 7 of 24Next