Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 22 of 24Next
Quote from Andnjord on 4 February 2022, 19h32
What, me? Praying fervently a minute ago? Nonsense, my euphoric mind had already calculated that this exact sequence of events was the most likely to  happen, thus no worries were to be had.
Time to dispose of that overgrown tangle of muscle that is standing in my way. Thus The Blade has spoken.
Quote from Strange Fellow on 4 February 2022, 17h36

Holy shit we're awesome.

Right, toss attempt number two. Target: E.

Ehm...M’lord? I am right in front of E, meanwhile U is charging you from behind. Dost thou think thou might consider a change of target?

Who the hell are you?

Anyway, you're right. He is charging me down. I bomb him instead.

The Wargaming Scribe and Andnjord have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeAndnjord
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 4 February 2022, 20h07
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 4 February 2022, 17h41

Hm. This is quite the predicament. If I move, I risk entering melee range. If I don’t move, I don’t get a shot. But you know this, so you’re clearly trying to bait me out of hiding…

All this tactical nonsense has led me to believe I should half “move” and dodge.

Move where, shoot what ?

Sorry, I worded that in a confusing way.

Do a half move and dodge action where I stand still.

Part IV Turn 8

The turn starts with 3 attacks :

• Porkbelly's phaser attack
  • Fellow's Gemstone,
  • Andnjord's melee attack

Fellow does a perfect throw, instantly killing a Cygnian. Andnjord pulls a critical hit, which would have stunned his target, if his targed had not been unstunnable. Porkbelly OBVIOUSLY misses.

After that it is movement, with the Secretary and the stalker moving toward Captain, and Baud moving in melee, and then another melee exchange. Baud misses, but Orvill hits Baud, lightly :

Wait, wait, wait. Wasn't Orvill supposed to have a Gaper and not a laser sword

Shhhhh I made a mista..., errr, a scenario decision.

In truth, I had swapped weapons of the Cygnian that DID not have a secondary weapon (I mixed him up with Upanova), which was stupid, so I used a blank turn to revert.

End situation :

Dayyalu and Andnjord have reacted to this post.
DayyaluAndnjord

Dammit, cheap Dulbian phasor.

Reload!

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

I continue establishing dominance over that giant asparagus that's in front of me.

Incidentally, how much damage did I cause to it?

Uhhhhhhhh.

Crap.

Half move upwards, shooting the guy with the gaper.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

Grimlock will be remembered as a valiant warrior.

I have no goddamn clue about what to do, so I will run behind Fellow in the hope we kill the enemy and we can spread out after on the ship's hold while Grim keeps them occupied.

All in all, this is going better than expected. We have local superiority, and amusingly enough our attempts to funnel them now are working against us.

Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
AndnjordStrange Fellow
Quote from Andnjord on 6 February 2022, 2h52

I continue establishing dominance over that giant asparagus that's in front of me.

Incidentally, how much damage did I cause to it?

Six (it is on the screenshoot).

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I'll switch weapons.

Provided that Andnjord can dispose of the roadblock in a timely fashion, my next move will be to hurry towards the captain. He's one of only three halfway competent fighters in this outfit, he's earned some backup.

Part IV Turn 9

So lots of exchange of blows :

• Baud hits his opposing Cygnian, stunning him for the turn with 4 damage
  • Eadric Streona hits Andnjord for two damage, no stun
  • Andnjord attacks back with a hit for 8 damage - disabling the Night Stalker.

... and Grimlock is stunned by the gaper before he can move...

With Grimlock stunned, there is nothing he can do when Secretary Swordhands moves to him and starts stabbing :

Wounded, but not killed - clearly the best outcome possible given the situation.

Here is what's left :

By the way, do you like GIF ? Should I bother ? If so, should I put them at the beginning or at the end ?

Andnjord, Strange Fellow and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
AndnjordStrange FellowPorkbelly

Firing at O again. Pew Pew!

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 6 February 2022, 16h55

By the way, do you like GIF ? Should I bother ? If so, should I put them at the beginning or at the end ?

I like them, they're nice to have at the beginning.

I move two tiles to the South-East. No point in rushing to the fight now that our brave Captain doesn't require saving has been grieviously wounded.

baud has reacted to this post.
baud

I like the jifs also. At the beginning is good.

Good thing the captain is OK. I move towards the south, to get in position to shoot at his two assailants.

Well, guess I couldn’t go a full play through without getting hit.

Go get them, guys.

Well, I try to hit Orvil again.

Part IV Turn 10

Really not much to say. Baud and Porkbelly both missed Orvill. Orvill hit Baud for 3 damage, stunning him but too late in the turn to matter.

Alcibiades swapped weapon.

I have a weird problem with AppleWin. I have it either full screen, or minimized. I cannot have it in a window, even after a reinstall. That's why the GIF is low quality, I need to take it full screen then crop & resize. So quality of GIF will be lower until I find a fix.

baud, Strange Fellow and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
baudStrange FellowCaptainGrimlock

I keep going down without bothering the others until we get to open ground.

Reload, fire. Rinse, repeat.

Quote from Porkbelly on 7 February 2022, 13h59

Rinse, repeat.

that.

I move one tile south west, then one tile west to take cover behind the behind the blue cover and exert zone of control on the gap that will be north of me.

PreviousPage 22 of 24Next