Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 21 of 24Next

Part IV Turn 6

I assume Andnjord "makes a stand".

So a calm turn. Most gladiators move, except Skosveinn and Eadric (they swap weapons), and Madame Sacre and her secretary who are just trying to figure out where they are.

Next turn may be explosive.

I’ll hold until I see a target that isn’t behind an obstacle. Then I’ll shoot.

Uh, E has a gemstone? Uh..

Oh well, too late to worry about that now. Bomb Mádâme Whatsherface in her stupid face.

If I move and attack Quoth, will Porkbelly be able to follow me and shoot something? (either Quoth or O)

MUTANTS MUST DIE

As they are the result of random mutation, not divinely-inspired evolution of the species through the lens of ancient wisdom. Thus, grenade the Madame and prepare to engage with fists the laser sword henchman. This gonna be good.

baud has reacted to this post.
baud

I'll move and attack mister E south of me with a prayer on my lips that M'Lord Fellow blasts Madame Sacre this turn and that I don't get gemstoned to oblivion.

If I move and attack Quoth, will Porkbelly be able to follow me and shoot something? (either Quoth or O)

Sure! You go first.

I'll be right behind you.

Quote from Porkbelly on 3 February 2022, 18h40

Sure! You go first.

Being "right behind Baud" means going there :

If you were thinking about something else, tell me fast 🙂

Actually, Baud will have to move to the tile above Q, else he will block the way.

So @Baud, @porkbelly I need more info

(from your current position Baud, Porkbelly will not be able to attack anything.)

Quote from Porkbelly on 3 February 2022, 18h40

Sure! You go first.

okay, I move and attack Quoth

And I move 3 steps north west.

Part IV Turn 7

Ok, this might be one of your luckiest turns.

Eadric Streona throws a gemstone first, hitting Fellow for 6 and stunning him - also wounding Andnjord for 3 ; in both case causing the minimum damage possible.

That "stun" turns out to be a blessing in disguise, because it stops Fellow from throwing a gemstone at Madame Sacre... and gemstone that was unnecessary : Skosveinn's own gemstone fell short of Madame Sacre, but that was enough to neutralize her.

Then Baud jumps out of the lavatory, face Quoth beak-to-beak, and stabs him, or her I am not sure, right in the breast....

Critical hit - one-hit kill. Well, wound, but the effect is the same.

That's the final situation :

(typos on this screen, Eadric has used his Gemstone, so hands only, and Andnjord has a HEAVY disruptor of course)

Fullanimation :

Dayyalu, baud and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
DayyalubaudAndnjordStrange Fellow

Holy shit we're awesome.

Right, toss attempt number two. Target: E.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

Hm. This is quite the predicament. If I move, I risk entering melee range. If I don’t move, I don’t get a shot. But you know this, so you’re clearly trying to bait me out of hiding…

All this tactical nonsense has led me to believe I should half “move” and dodge.

Wow, I stick right where I am, behind the killer bird with the knife.

I'll just take a shot at that guy to my right while he's still breathing.

What, me? Praying fervently a minute ago? Nonsense, my euphoric mind had already calculated that this exact sequence of events was the most likely to  happen, thus no worries were to be had.
Time to dispose of that overgrown tangle of muscle that is standing in my way. Thus The Blade has spoken.
Quote from Strange Fellow on 4 February 2022, 17h36

Holy shit we're awesome.

Right, toss attempt number two. Target: E.

Ehm...M’lord? I am right in front of E, meanwhile U is charging you from behind. Dost thou think thou might consider a change of target?

Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 4 February 2022, 17h41

Hm. This is quite the predicament. If I move, I risk entering melee range. If I don’t move, I don’t get a shot. But you know this, so you’re clearly trying to bait me out of hiding…

All this tactical nonsense has led me to believe I should half “move” and dodge.

Move where, shoot what ?

"My race, methinks, | is unknown to thee,
And so am I myself;
Skosveinn my name, | and Sigmund's son,
Who smote thee thus with the bomb."

So Skosveinn enters without doubt in the crazy Nordic larpers Edda with a grenade throw. I engage the U Cygnan with my bare hands, hoping to add another chapter to my Most Glorious Epic. Or keep him occupied while the others deal with more pressing foes.

Hey, what's the chance to kill a skill 10 opponent with your bare hands?

The Wargaming Scribe, Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeAndnjordStrange Fellow
Quote from Dayyalu on 4 February 2022, 20h34

"My race, methinks, | is unknown to thee,
And so am I myself;
Skosveinn my name, | and Sigmund's son,
Who smote thee thus with the bomb."

So Skosveinn enters without doubt in the crazy Nordic larpers Edda with a grenade throw. I engage the U Cygnan with my bare hands, hoping to add another chapter to my Most Glorious Epic. Or keep him occupied while the others deal with more pressing foes.

Hey, what's the chance to kill a skill 10 opponent with your bare hands?

Pretty much the minimum hit chance, so 10%.

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

I half-move and attack Orvil (if he survives Porkbelly's shot, of course).

PreviousPage 21 of 24Next