Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 11 of 24Next

I'm going to bet that Either Dayya or Fellow manage to somehow incapacitate Malka next turn, and start making a run for it towards the exit.

Full move: one diagonal move to the tile north-east of me, one move straight east, keeping the Ambassador in its same position relative to me.

Nevermind, smash that fool Malka!! I have spilt blood at last, and I require more now!!!!

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion

Say it with me guys.

I’m reloading my phaser.

Andnjord, Strange Fellow and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordStrange FellowKalarion

Stun. Stun. Stun. One hit will get in, I swear. I'm  not drunk, I swear.

Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarion

I attack Cristina. Not much else to do anyway

Kalarion
Quote from Dayyalu on 23 December 2021, 7h09

Those superior genes of yours seem to have deserted you, bröther. Say it ain’t so, and strike Malka down!

Incidentally, is it easier to hit a stunned target or does it make no difference?

Kalarion
Quote from Andnjord on 23 December 2021, 15h59
Quote from Dayyalu on 23 December 2021, 7h09

Those superior genes of yours seem to have deserted you, bröther. Say it ain’t so, and strike Malka down!

Incidentally, is it easier to hit a stunned target or does it make no difference?

It helps, since a stunned target can't use their weapon skill to deflect a blow...

... which means my "blank" turns can have some negative impacts, actually.

Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarion

Shoot Malka in the face. Merry Christmas everyone!

baud, Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordKalarion

Part II, turn 5

Everyone around Malka, including Malka himself, do standing attacks. Everyone misses !

Meanwhile Baud attacks and stun Christina...

... and Rutus moves for the kill. Well, the wound.

Squeezie has been handcuffed, too, and Malka offers his surrender.

I propose we end the battle and move to the next battle, else it is going rounds of attacking Malka until he collapses - not many tacticool moves to do. Tell me if you are OK with this.

Dayyalu, Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
DayyaluAndnjordKalarion

I’m okay with it.

Kalarion

I'm okay with it. Christmas is coming up, anyway.

Andnjord, Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarionCaptainGrimlock

'k for me. I seriously hoped to get at least one hit with the stun gun.

Can I stockpile more gemstones instead and kill people with my bare hands?

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

Yes, you can have 2 gemstones, like Squeezie had.

I managed to take my pound of flesh from an enemy, I suuuuuupose I can be persuaded into letting them go.

Well done M’lords, a flawless execution of a flawless plan. *Tips fedora and nod*

Now that the fight is over, can I ask what other weapon did Squeezie have?

No problems with that

So, I am going to be sending you your updated character. Porkbelly survived, Kalarion did not. If you are a lurker and want to volunteer, now is the time.

Quick question : I can end the mini-campaign in one or in two battles, so tell me what you prefer.

Meanwhile :

Quote from Andnjord on 24 December 2021, 12h22

Now that the fight is over, can I ask what other weapon did Squeezie have?

His hands. He had only two gemstones - no character can have more than two weapons - but I thought it was enough to decisively turn the battle. It wasn't

baud, Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
baudKalarionCaptainGrimlock

Once again, my boom spheres win the day. Well done to the rest, some of you didn't die I think. Eggnog all around!

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 24 December 2021, 16h47

Quick question : I can end the mini-campaign in one or in two battles, so tell me what you prefer.

Los dos por favor.

Andnjord, Kalarion and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarionCaptainGrimlock
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 24 December 2021, 16h47

As you prefer.

This has been fun, so if you have enough energy/motivation to keep it going for two more games, I’ll be happy to Ponder (tm) for two more games.

baud and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
baudKalarion

And I am back !

First, let's check our team :

As before, Captain Grimlock and Baud are fast learner, reaching 8 in their weapon skill. This means that for instance Captain Grimlock has +40% chance to hit on a base 95% chance to hit (due to his dexterity), so even if the target moves/is hidden/is dodging/is using a melee weapon he is skilled with, well, Cap'tain is probably going to hit him/her/it/iel anyway. With 35% critical chance.

BUT Rutus and Andjnord also learned a few tricks !  Especially Rutus.

That's +5% extra chance to hit (and -5% to opposing chance to hit) by skill point, so that's +15% for Rutus and +10% for Andnjord compared to before ! Again, base chance is Dexterityx5%.

Fellow is a bit more accurate with his phaser, but his weapon of death is still the gemstone.

Same with Skosveinn. Do you confirm you want two gemstones, Dayyalu ?

Finally, Porkbelly having collapsed during the battle, he is not any better than before. At least he is not DEAD, like someone else.

baud, Andnjord and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordKalarionPorkbelly

Part III : The hi-jacking

Fellow came back to the room where the rest of the group was waiting. Except the Dulbian, of course, who was just... standing .

"Well, he talked."

"That was quick. I am not sure even the late-Kalarion would have obtained results that fast" said Porkbelly

"A bit too quick, if you ask me. I did not get to the fun stuff."

"So..." whispered Captain Grimlock, impatiently. "Madame Sacre will not be waiting forever".

"Starport. The blueprints are at the starport already. I even have the name of the ship, which was waiting for the ambassador. It is the < checking notes> License Strike. They were only waiting for the ambassador".

"Starport... how convenient. I will tell Madame Sacre to join us there. Certainly, we can bring the ambassador with us, and tell the crew we are the new Squeezie"

"There is a problem with that. You see, I did not want you to turn this into an adventure game where you can pick the correct dialogue options to avoid combat, so the ambassador is, let's say,... unwell".

"Security ?"

"I forget to ask".

All starports have 3 parts. The part for the general public, the part of the private ships, and the part no one has access to, or almost no one. Somehow, Porkbelly found a way to have access to that part, and the group was now maybe one hundred meters away from the Licensor Strike. It was not as impressive as expected. Fellow stated first loudly what everyone was thinking.

"This old bucket of rust... the Ambassador's special ride ? Really ?"

"Sqqqqueeeek" confirmed Baud.

Only one person was excited : Andnjord !

"Oooooohhh! An old Alliance Cruiser from the Klargon Wars ! I would recognize one just from the silhouette. What you call derisely "an old bucket of rust" was the pride of the Alliance fleet ! But it is not fully authentic, clearly this one has been quite refitted with some modern hyperdrive, and defense system. I can tell from some of the bolts, and because I have seen quite a few cruisers in my time."

"Speaking of defense, what do we have ?" interjected Porkbelly.

"Five humans only. Those two guys look absolutely elite - special forces if you ask me."  said Skosveinn. "The 3 others - just hired muscles. Hired muscles with gemstones."

Andnjord looked at the rest of the team, touched his hat, and said softly "You guys are amateurs... amateurs ! See the two metallic shapes next to the entrance... those are security robots."

So here is the Arena :

You will start on the left, and the security on the right. You need to kill/wound/destroy/disable them all.

You will be fighting the AI, not me, and there will not be any special rule, any surprise, anything. Even whether you surprise them or they surprise you or no one surprise anyone will be left to the game RNG (but you have more chance to surprise them than the opposite).

Oh, by the way, new enemy : robots !

Tell me of any equipment change you want to do, if any, and then we'll start. If a new player wants to come, pray tell as well.

baud, Andnjord and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordKalarionPorkbelly
PreviousPage 11 of 24Next