Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 10 of 24Next

I'll move up one space and take another stab. Surely Squid will lob his banger somewhere where he's not in the blast radius..

Better get that ambassador moving. I may be curled up in the foetal position under a car shortly.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
Quote from Brutus Trump on 21 December 2021, 1h35

Fire again. Us Dulbians take pride in our shooting skills. Once he is done with, I’ll secure the ambassador.

You realize that you have a melee weapon since the beginning ? 🙂

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 21 December 2021, 9h17

Fire again. Us Dulbians take pride in our shooting skills. Once he is done with, I’ll secure the ambassador.

Would it take a turn to change it? That's why I haven't been using it.

Quote from Brutus Trump on 21 December 2021, 12h22
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 21 December 2021, 9h17

Would it take a turn to change it? That's why I haven't been using it.

I have USED a melee weapon for you since the beginning (almost - I did the swap in the same turn as I corrected the Skosveinn-Fellow position), as I was convinced I was the one who had done the mistake.

So basically, you attacked the first turn with the phaser, then I ran "blank" turns to fix mistakes and one of them was that I had believe I had used the incorrect weapon, so I swapped it.

We are only missing @Captain now

And me. Do I have a line of fire on M? Probably not. If I do, I shoot, and if I don't, I half-move and shoot.

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 21 December 2021, 1h30

You can half-move and dodge.

Ok, good to know for later use. I’ll stick to switching to the blade this turn.

Part II, turn 4

We start with the standing attacks. Only two of them, one from Eva Edward against Baud (missed), one from Rutus against Eva Edward (missed).

After that, movement. The hostile Dulbians did not do a standing attack because he did a preventive move in Andnjord's tile, in case Andnjord moved away. I also took the liberty to move Porkbelly where Squeezie is instead of just "North". Moving into whoever you want to engage is the best way to ensure that your opponent cannot "move away" with your attack cutting thin air.

The policemen move as well. Typically Gorsais' speed is 6, but those are policemen, heavy on doughnuts, so they are slower than the usual Gorsai.

And then, attack. Not a good round for your team. Squeezie expected Porkbelly to do a standing attack, so he throws a grenade gemstone... and disable Porkbelly, while wounding himself badly (6 damage, but not stun because that's Squeezie). Unlike Kalarion, Porkbelly will survive and come back miraculously fully healed next battle.

Fellow misses. Skosveinn misses. Malka does not, but the heavy fat armour of Andnjord protects him, and he receives only two damage.

New turn. Captain has reloaded (missing other instructions), but Fellow's phaser is empty. No one is stunned, except the Ambassador.

(and no, I did not plan to remove all the new players from round 2 ^^)

CaptainGrimlock has reacted to this post.
CaptainGrimlock

OK, we have a problem now that there is nothing blocking Squeezie, and I doubt he's out of 'nades either and Christie is coming toward us. I'm worried that if I fight now, we will have to fight it out and kill everyone or die in the process. But we NEED to take their numbers down, asap.

So I'll strike the Dulbian, and pray that our team finally manages a Heavy Disruptor hit (seriously, counting the other game, we've missed four out of four hits, two from me, two from Rutus).

o7 to our newbie M'eatshields, they fell on the glorious field of battle, hopefully buying us enough time to win this.

Can Kalarion come back with another character in the next fight?

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

Maybe if Rutus attacks first with a standing attack I would be free to move to engage Christie?  Not sure how useful that'd be though

Andnjord

"Fly, you fools!"

oof, this really stings.

baud and Andnjord have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjord

Sorry, long day. I was planning to reload anyway, so that works out.

I full attack the human who still isn’t dead somehow.

Quote from baud on 22 December 2021, 0h03

Maybe if Rutus attacks first with a standing attack I would be free to move to engage Christie?  Not sure how useful that'd be though

No, even if Rutus kills his target outright, I can only "plan" a single step for you.

Quote from Andnjord on 21 December 2021, 23h05

OK, we have a problem now that there is nothing blocking Squeezie, and I doubt he's out of 'nades either and Christie is coming toward us. I'm worried that if I fight now, we will have to fight it out and kill everyone or die in the process. But we NEED to take their numbers down, asap.

So I'll strike the Dulbian, and pray that our team finally manages a Heavy Disruptor hit (seriously, counting the other game, we've missed four out of four hits, two from me, two from Rutus).

o7 to our newbie M'eatshields, they fell on the glorious field of battle, hopefully buying us enough time to win this.

Can Kalarion come back with another character in the next fight?

I don't know, does he want to ? Haven't seen him much.

As for heavy disruptors, those early games were not always perfectly balanced (remember Computer Ambush and the morale effect of being away from Sarge. Except when all NCOs were dead and then suddenly everyone knows what he has to do) but you were unlucky too. Malka did not miss you :p.

Andnjord

My phazor is "empty", is it? Look at yourself. Look at the shit you have to pull, just to get me to say that one word. But fine, if you insist, I'll oblige you. I'll set my sights on Malka, and I'll say what my contract tells me to say. It ain't right, but you're management, and this is showbiz.

Charge.

Andnjord
Quote from Strange Fellow on 22 December 2021, 12h44

My phazor is "empty", is it? Look at yourself. Look at the shit you have to pull, just to get me to say that one word. But fine, if you insist, I'll oblige you. I'll set my sights on Malka, and I'll say what my contract tells me to say. It ain't right, but you're management, and this is showbiz.

Charge.

I mean, you can also reload it. You cannot bash anyone directly with an empty phasor, so in either case you ll lose a turn swapping/loading weapons.

I thought you meant I was out of ammo. In that case, I shall simply reload my phasor, and it shall be as though my reading comprehension never mattered at all! Outwitted again, cruel overlord, by the Strange Fellow!

Andnjord
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 22 December 2021, 12h03
Quote from baud on 22 December 2021, 0h03

No, even if Rutus kills his target outright, I can only "plan" a single step for you.

Okay. So I'll do a standing attack on Edward. Maybe this time it will be enough

I'll do a standing attack on Edward, too. Hopefully he will be defeated.

Part II, turn 5

Captain Grimlock shoots first, and hit once again. His target collapses !

After that, Baud shivs his own target, wounding it. Then Rutus attacks... and what do you know he hits !

And another guard collapses.

Andnjord ALSO manages to land a hit, but it is a partial hit on armour, so not much damage. On the other hand, Malka deals 4 damage to Andnjord. At 14 HP left (you collapse at 3 or less), he is still doing good.

As for Skosveinn, he misses.

Did I mention the police ? They throw a stun grenade gaper at Squeezie, and it is super accurate. Squeezie is heavily stunned !

That leaves only Christina to move. She moves and attack Baud, but fails.

It looks like the policemen are going to arrest Squeezie for "questioning" in the following turn, though who knows with Gorsaïs. Captain Grimlock's weaponed is unloaded. Fellow's weapon is loaded.

Andnjord

For the record, if you neutralize Malka and the guard, AND the Gorsaï did not switch sides at this point (which I don't control), you ll get a "I hope you are doing well. We saw this crazy individual and his friends attack you with grenades. In a crowded city. Can you imagine ? You should check at the closest hospital" by the police, then a smirk ("I know what happened, I know you know, and I know you know I know")  and win the mission.

PreviousPage 10 of 24Next