Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #5 - Space Station Zulu

PreviousPage 6 of 9Next

*Turns to Strange Fellow*

Huh... Maybe we should go as well.

I MOVE to U.

My... son...

Those bastards...! I'll kill them, I'll kill them all!

Come on Argy, let's go. I came here to kick alien ass and care for my son, whose cold metal shell housed a heart pure as a white rose, with all the innocence and joy man in his wretchedness has forsaken -- were it only that he grew, and learned, and that we through him for but another moment could feel a touch of the sublime that exists in all things!

Anyway, I'm all out of son.

Room U :

One of the strangers picks up a knife, adopt some sort of weird stance like he thinks he is Kung-Fu master, and asks : "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

I see a problem. We need to cleanse all Aliens. A robot self-destruct is a nuke that cleans an entire room. Thus, the smartest play would be to nuke Dock 4, but that would mean someone going in with the Robot and covering it for the time needed for a self-destruct. Also we need to kill all the Aliens in O. Thus, I have a plan. A group of us quickly kills the Alien and rushes to Dock 1, to avoid it becoming another breeding ground.

Group 2 will rally the other humans and engage and destroy as fast as possible Alien Group O, before doing the standard Ufo Defense Rookie Advance procedure on Dock 4 and pray it's enough.

"WE'RE HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL REINFORCEMENTS AND WE HAVE A PLAN TO END THIS ALIEN INFESTATION, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT HOWEVER"

OK, just leave me one of the survivors armed with noise bombs, and I'll take him and anyone else who cares to follow on to room P, then to Dock 1.

That's after I do get to room U, of course.

Quote from Dayyalu on 10 November 2021, 18h14

I see a problem. We need to cleanse all Aliens. A robot self-destruct is a nuke that cleans an entire room. Thus, the smartest play would be to nuke Dock 4, but that would mean someone going in with the Robot and covering it for the time needed for a self-destruct. Also we need to kill all the Aliens in O. Thus, I have a plan. A group of us quickly kills the Alien and rushes to Dock 1, to avoid it becoming another breeding ground.

Group 2 will rally the other humans and engage and destroy as fast as possible Alien Group O, before doing the standard Ufo Defense Rookie Advance procedure on Dock 4 and pray it's enough.

"WE'RE HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL REINFORCEMENTS AND WE HAVE A PLAN TO END THIS ALIEN INFESTATION, WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT HOWEVER"

One of the them, handing a laser cutter, answers :

"What's the plan ?"

I volunteer to head up the Great Rookie Offensive on Dock 4, but like Argy I need an extra turn to catch up, and that might be too long to wait? Whoever goes there should definitely bring a robot or two with them, though, so that if push comes to shove the nuclear option is still available. How does initiative work? What I'm really asking is, if we get a live robot into dock 4 and tell him to self-destruct, can the aliums get him before he has a chance to act?

I have not specified any order, after all. So, I rally the men, try to get useful weapons (no grenades, NO laser cutters) and... and.... it's better to engage them on U waiting or get in P? I'd prefer to engage them as fast as possible, so ... any order of the two that gets me into the fray.

For the blue collar space workers!

Can you specify what you say exactly Dayyalu ?

Quote from Strange Fellow on 10 November 2021, 20h28

I volunteer to head up the Great Rookie Offensive on Dock 4, but like Argy I need an extra turn to catch up, and that might be too long to wait? Whoever goes there should definitely bring a robot or two with them, though, so that if push comes to shove the nuclear option is still available. How does initiative work? What I'm really asking is, if we get a live robot into dock 4 and tell him to self-destruct, can the aliums get him before he has a chance to act?

The aliens can get him when he enters Dock 4 (because the game follows "you move, they move" ruleset). Once the self-destruction starts, the aliens can't escape.

Dayyalu and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
DayyaluStrange Fellow

Turn 11 : Board meeting

You gather in the central group. The strangers seem to have had the same idea, as they come from all direction. One prepares behind the door, but the aliens won't move.

Dayyalu is mumbling incoherently about a plan, saying "no grenade, no laser cutter". Hearing this, the guy who happened to have a laser cutter in hands, says :

"oh great, where can i find a rifle!?!?"

When Dayyalu launches his slogan about blue-collar, the same guy exclaims :

"that's my comrade! this is the way!"

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

"All right, stranger #1, with the noise grenades, you're coming with me to room P, along with the guy with the rifle. And one of the unarmed guys, pick up an ice bottle and follow us."

I go to P with them in tow.

My plan is to go to O, then M, N, and Dock 1.

We might as well all head down the hallway towards M, and then split up there.

Quote from Argyraspide on 11 November 2021, 15h56

"All right, stranger #1, with the noise grenades, you're coming with me to room P, along with the guy with the rifle. And one of the unarmed guys, pick up an ice bottle and follow us."

I go to P with them in tow.

My plan is to go to O, then M, N, and Dock 1.

The one with the noise grenade says :

”I guess you’re the crew that’s here to replace us. Okay. I’ll come with.”

The one with the rifle tells you he is interested in knowing how efficient noise grenades are. He also states he knows knife to work well against alien.

The guy with the Kung Fu pose also accept to follow you. The others are still undecided.

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 11 November 2021, 17h12

The one with the noise grenade says :

”I guess you’re the crew that’s here to replace us. Okay. I’ll come with.”

"We were here to replace you, but for now we'll just try to survive."

The one with the rifle tells you he is interested in knowing how efficient noise grenades are. He also states he knows knife to work well against alien.

"The noise grenades are very efficient. Good to know about the knives. One of us needs to lead another party and take those."

I follow Argy and Strange fellow to P (then O and M).

Sorry for not replying. Didn't check after my reply.

Good. Then we all engage P in a likeminded wave of poorly-paid government workers.

"Fellows! It is clear that the Alien menace favors as breeding areas our docks. From our experiments is clear that energy such as laser cutters and grenade explosions are positive for their life cycle. We thus need to avoid them as weapons and focus on proven technology, like noise grenades and bullets."

"The Alien spawn is breeding fast now. We need to act quickly and decisively, attacking them while their numbers are still manageable. A few of us should de-cryo the rest of the crew while strong and courageous men should follow us into corridor P."

"And of course, our bot has an important role to play for clean-up duties...."

A large number of people (at least 3, possibly 5 ?) will follow you. I will run the turn tomorrow.

Turn 12 :

5 volunteers accept to follow you in room P. You quickly exchange names. 3 others decide they have WAY more important things to do, things that happen to be far away from the aliens. Cowards.

You enter room P. There was an alien in ambush. Happily enough, that ambush was for one of the strangers. The robot tries to help him, rule #1 of robotics and all, and sadly it is destroyed ! That's quite a loss.

It looks like entering a room full of aliens is dangerous, but sadly you will have to take the casualties in the future.

In any case, you are in, and it is your turn :

Meanwhile, Gubbison is awakened by some stranger in room T. They do not quite understand what the foreigner has to say - his accent is so strong - except that his name is Culise.

Also, Baud knows them ! He exchanged with them on some gaming board in the past. So strange to see people you know in these circumstances.

All right, time to get to work. I open fire on the first alien in line.

I recommend we each take a separate target.

PreviousPage 6 of 9Next