Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #5 - Space Station Zulu

PreviousPage 5 of 9Next

I switched out my hammer for the shock rod, it might be more useful. Though I realized we've left noise bombs in the previous room. Shrug. We'll have to do without.

if we all leave U, do we lose the information on alien position?

Now I guess it's time to choose a group of aliens to kill. Or we wait for them to come?

Defeat in detail is the name of the game. If we wait for them to come, we'll be overwhelmed.

I say we all stick together to increase our chances, and start with the larger groups before they merge with others and get even bigger.

I propose we go to corridor 7 first to take care of that group and see how we do.

"OK GUYS, TIME TO APPROACH THIS PROPERLY"

"YOU ADVANCE, I'M GOING TO CHECK THIS ROOM FOR... whatweretheycalled.... SPORES! CAN'T HAVE MORE ALIENS AROUND CAN'T WE"

I'm going to Search U for spores. If one of the non-PC fellows does that instead, I'll follow Argy. I'd almost suggest to commandeer the robots and quickly engage the biggest concentration of Aliens in a focused way before spreading out and cleaning the house, but we'll need unanimity on that.

Junior and I will join uncle Argy in rooting out the remaining aliums.

Quote from baud on 6 November 2021, 1h51

I switched out my hammer for the shock rod, it might be more useful. Though I realized we've left noise bombs in the previous room. Shrug. We'll have to do without.

if we all leave U, do we lose the information on alien position?

Now I guess it's time to choose a group of aliens to kill. Or we wait for them to come?

There are displays in almost every room, and also I can't be bothered to edit the map every turn any more so no you won't lose it.

Meanwhile, you hear the other group discussing whether they searched room T thoroughfully enough. One of the strangers drops his knife and heads toward corridor 5. Another heads toward you ... he seems to intend to go to corridor Q ?

So yes, waiting for @Baud to confirm what he does.

Else :

@argyraspide : Move to 7

@dayyalu : Move to 7 - one of the strangers seem to be searching room U. I will also assume you commandeer a robot if no one complains

@strange-fellow : Move to 7 with his robot.

@Baud : I ll randomize move to 7 or search without more info :).

Turn 9 :

The four of you move to room 7. Dayyalu orders to one of the robots of the other group to follow him without anyone reacting. You hear a couple of gunshots, then the quiet uhm-uhm-uhm of an unthawing machine in S starts.

Baud picked his shock rod. As you get into room 7, you spot a number of aliens. As you deploy tactically, some of them manage to sneak behind you to room U, thanks to the magic of this game ruleset where you can escape to the room the enemy comes from.

Actually, checking the monitors in the corridor, whoever is in room U is in trouble : aliens also arrived from rooms 8 and 6.

As for you, the situation seems clear : only one alien and one larva in this room :

Goddamnit, I knew there was something funny about those mustachioed janitors bustling past us just now! I'll head back to U to help, since I'm sure you guys can take care of these two piddling aliens on your own. Bartholomew is coming with me, of course.

I ATTACK the larva, since that's what my rifle is good at.

Baud and Dayyalu, I encourage you to concentrate on the adult.

I attack the adult. Let's see how useful that shock rod is

Baud on glorious stunrod duty, a soldier's highest calling. When we're all in flying suits, we'll have you to thank :salute:

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu
Quote from Strange Fellow on 7 November 2021, 18h31

Baud on glorious stunrod duty, a soldier's highest calling. When we're all in flying suits, we'll have you to thank :salute:

I actually laughed like an idiot behind my screen.

I'm sure I'll have a better survival chance than X-COM rookies. Right? Right guys?

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Remember. It could be Vibro Blade duty and that would mean hell on Earth. Crustacean hell.

I retreat tactically to U with my faithful Death Robot and engage the hordes there. We need to cover our comrades getting out of cryo.

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Apologies, OVH was in maintenance just as I posted yesterday.

Turn 10 :

Both Strange Fellow and Dayyalu FAIL to escape as the last moustachioed alien janitor blocks the way. And it is just as well, because a HUGE explosion in the control room puts everyone on the ground.

Baud daringly approaches the alien with his shock rod, and manage to prod it twice. The alien does not react - whatever that thing is, it is insensitive to electricity.

At least, it is not insensitive to bullet, as Argyraspide guns down the larva.

Without instruction, since its "follow" instruction became invalid, Fellow's robot just runs around in a circle while Dayyalu's robot shoots, but miss at the adult.

Looking at the monitor in your room, the other group CLEARLY had casualties in the central room  - but well they have control of the unfreezing machine so gain some, lose some.

The noise bomb should be enough to take care of that last adult, so I SEARCH the room.

Hmph, fine, I'll take care of the remaining alien, since you guys clearly can't be trusted with even the simplest tasks. I'll let Bart tag along with whoever's headed for U this turn, if anyone's going. Dad of the year though I am, I still need some alone-time every now and again.

I get back with my pet Robot into U.

I'm very curious about the thing that nuked an entire room chock-full of Aliens.

I follow Dayyalu to U

Turn 11 :

As Dayyalu and Baud try to exit the room with Bart and the strangers' robot, the alien pounces at you. Bart' starts to go "Human in d..." and jumps between Baud and the alien. He is killed... I mean destroyed. Sobbing, Fellow throws a noise grenade at it, while Baud and Dayyalu duck for cover. The alien is no more.

Advice
Don't leave a room with an alien if you can avoid it, it is dangerous

Argyraspide does not find any spore, he is 100% sure of it.

Argyraspide and Fellow are alone in their room.

In room U, Baud, Dayyalu and the unnamed robot can see the result of a robot autodestruction. Parts of aliens and of ... humans, I have to say ... are spread everywhere around the room. Hey, is that an arm ?

There are a bunch of folks here, going all directions. They seem loosely coordinated. I don't want to infringe on the sovereign rights of the players, but maybe you should try to coordinate something with them.

PreviousPage 5 of 9Next