Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #7 : The Alien

PreviousPage 5 of 6Next
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 16 June 2022, 16h24

try to turn the alien into Swiss cheese.

Ah I see you are familiar with the obscure museum that hosts original artwork from the Alien franchise in Gruyères (like the cheese), Switzerland? https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/hr-giger-museum

(End of trivia break, resumption of flamethrower-building-activities for me)

Dayyalu and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbelly

Now that the Beast is not a danger anymore, it's time for a well deserved rest. I'm going back to the recreation room for a drink of their best water, then I'll go to the maintenance room see if I can have some work done.

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

I'll try to prod the bug into the Cold Sleep chamber before it runs again. Let's freeze its buns.

I get a cage and chase down the alium. I gotta say, when I accepted the assignment I thought I'd do something a little more intellectual than lugging stuff around like a janitor. Then again the ship is full of cats, which makes it the best ship I've ever been on, so it evens out.

Quote from Gubisson on 16 June 2022, 16h33

Ah I see you are familiar with the obscure museum that hosts original artwork from the Alien franchise in Gruyères (like the cheese), Switzerland? https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/hr-giger-museum

Now I want to see Aliens sculpted out of cheese.

Turn 6 :

First, what you care the most about :

• THE SECOND CAT (Gubbisson's) IS SUCCESSFULLY CAGED !!!

After this VICTORY, Doctor Strange drops the caged cat, takes another cage, and move to the bridge. Meanwhile, Helly moves toward the maintenance room. 3 movements means he arrives at the Starboard passage, where the body of Lt Dayyalu, his laser and his dart pistol lie.

Porker prods the alien into the cold room. Captain Grimlock follows, and try to kill the alien, but Chief Porker keeps being in the way, and Grimlock can't shoot !

Pf Argyraspide follows with a cage, then the unexpected happens :

Honestly, it did not even know this was possible, but the cage is gone. Loosy craftmanship.

Finally, Gubbisson finished her pet project. A flamethrower.

The alien is still under Chief Porker's control

How on Saturn does a cage get damaged by cold?!

OK, I'll go back to the lab to pick up another one. Chief Poker, I suggest you follow me. You've got some strong arms, by the way, quite impressive.

Porkbelly

I spend 1 action point to pick up my flamethrower then proceed two steps towards the central passageway. I want to get to where all the action is! After all, why have only 2 people block Grimlock's line of sight towards the alien when you can have 3?

Porkbelly

Right-o! Porker follows the Professor back to the lab.

Quote from Argyraspide on 17 June 2022, 17h37

How on Saturn does a cage get damaged by cold?!

OK, I'll go back to the lab to pick up another one. Chief Poker, I suggest you follow me. You've got some strong arms, by the way, quite impressive.

For reference, the "cage can be destroyed by the cold" rule is not in the manual - in my limited tests it happens 100% of the time.

"Lieutenant! What the heck happened here?! Is the cat loose again? Or is there...another car! Must be!
I'm taking the laser and moving in the closest room to the commotion next to my position (which means, the alien), ready to shoot at anything moving.

MIssing @strange-fellow and @captaingrimlock

Quote from Porkbelly on 17 June 2022, 18h41

Right-o! Porker follows the Professor back to the lab.

WIth or without the alien ?

With the alien : 1 room a turn.

Without the alien : 3 rooms a turn

Quote from Helly on 18 June 2022, 20h57

"Lieutenant! What the heck happened here?! Is the cat loose again? Or is there...another car! Must be!
I'm taking the laser and moving in the closest room to the commotion next to my position (which means, the alien), ready to shoot at anything moving.

The alien is in the cold room, but you can pick up the laser and get there (if Porkbelly does not move it).

It may be imprisoned there if Porkbelly leaves it there.

Yep, lock it in the freezer. There's no way out of there.

Turn 7

Missing instructions from @captaingrimlock so I will assume he waits for Porker to leave to shoot the alien. Missing from Strange, who will take care of the caged cat. So.

Porkbelly and Argyrapisde leave the freezer room, leaving the alien trapped behind. Grimlock uses the opportunity for a clear shot... he misses, but the alien retreats to a corner of the room.

Gubbisson picks up the flamethrower. Helly loots Dayyalu's body for a laser and a dart pistol.

The remaining cat is put in the labcage.

At the end of the turn, the game assumes Captain Grimlock abandons his attempts to murder the alien. As the situation seems resolved, all crew members regroup on the bridge.

Suddenly, you hear a noise coming from the back... the alien is prying the doors open !

Whatever that thing is, it is SUPER STRONG and IMMUNE TO COLD, which means you will not be able to keep it in a cage (including labcage) or in a room. The computer may give more information about it.

You will have to kill it or, new options :

• Eject it from the ship. Easy : move the alien to one of the shuttle bays or to the airlock (in green) and eject it using controls located in the adjacent corridor (in blue)

- Really, just killing it may be easier.

- If you start to panic, you can also evacuate using the shuttle. An officer (so only Captain Grimlock) must activate the autodestruction from the bridge, and then go to the shuttle bay. Max 4 passengers by shuttle.

- Who knows what the Android's plans are now...

In any case, you are now all in the bridge, with all the equipment on the floor (1 move point to pick it up) :

The alien is still in the cold room - but it will get out.

Time to see what the Internet has to say about all this!

I move to the computer room and check what we have on this creature.

Porkbelly

So basically we've all dropped our weapons to grab a bowl of cereal and smoke a couple of cigarettes? Talk about crisis management.

Anyway, I pick up my flamethrower AGAIN and I try to pry open the freezer door. If this thing is immune to cold, the next logical step would be to check its immunity to THE FIERY FLAMES OF HELL.

Porkbelly
Quote from Gubisson on 20 June 2022, 11h36

Anyway, I pick up my flamethrower AGAIN and I try to pry open the freezer door.

Huh... maybe we should wait to know a little more before freeing the deadly monster from its prison.

Porkbelly

Ooo... I don't think we should (let the android) set it free until we have a plan.

I'll go grab a gas canister and agree with the Professor that we should wait for info. If it does get out we're all right here on the bridge.

PreviousPage 5 of 6Next