Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #6 : Galactic Gladiators

PreviousPage 2 of 24Next

@brutus-trump@baud and @strange-fellow left.

Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
KalarionBrutus Trump

Dulbians are, against what some would believe, good bodyguards. Ok, they were actually horrendous bodyguards, so we won't talk about that.

When the 4 gang members \took out their weapons, I immediately began formulating a plan.

Anyways, because I'm rather slow (unfortunately, in more ways than one), I also have to protect the boss. If the human with the gemstone managed to reach the boss, the boss would be done. Getting that guy out would be my priority. Unfortunately, due to my less than stellar speed and dexterity, I would need to get up close and personal, which would take a while. For now, though, I would run (gallop, crawl?) so I was to Baud's bottom left. Hopefully then, I would be in shooting distance of the bottom guy.

Tl;dr   A full move two tiles to the right.

The Wargaming Scribe and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeKalarion

I half-move toward the enemy and dodge

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion

Looks like Fellow is too surprised to move !

I will solve the turn tomorrow.

Kalarion has reacted to this post.
Kalarion

More like non-plussed at the hopeless position you've put me in. Seriously, right next to all four enemies, out of cover? Is this my punishment for trying to min-max instead of charging blindly as usual?

Very well, I'll take it like a man. I'm too fat to run away, so I guess the only recourse is to fight, and hope that my trusty meatshields comrades who are faster than I get up close enough to draw enemy fire before anything else happens. I'll throw my bomb at the empty square right in the middle of all the enemies, so that even if it scatters it should do a fair deal of damage.

I ran the round.

Spoiler : The name of the video file I took from turn resolution in order to then produce the screenshoots is "hilarious" ^^.

Andnjord and Kalarion have reacted to this post.
AndnjordKalarion

Part I, Turn 1

As the only player to have apparently read the fine prints in the rules, Fellow stands and attacks, and by attack I mean "throws a grenade". As I said, the Attack part of Stand & Attack is resolved before any movement, so his grenade gemstone is launched immediately :

After some, er, acrobatic ricochets, the grenade gemstone falls right at the foot of the giant human, and explodes. It inflicts massive damage and "heavy stuns" him, which means his action for this turn AND for the next turn. The gemstone also wounds and stuns two other humans, cancelling their action for this turn. The perfect throw !

Pretty much everyone moves. Except those people who are stunned, of course.

Captain Grimlock shoots and hits the human with the grenade, wounding him further (3 damage, + a stun but they don't stack anyway). The human in the back shoots and misses Fellow !

https://zeitgame.net/wp-content/uploads/tfaf/2021/12/06/20211206000001.gif

And it is already next turn. Keep in mind Fellow is now weaponless, and Captain Grimlock needs to reload or change weapon.

Dayyalu, Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
DayyaluKalarionBrutus Trump

Aha! Nice try, but you've got to get up pretty early in the morning to spawncamp the Strange Fellow.

I feel confident that the meatshields are in position now, and I've got time to switch weapons. The phazor doesn't exactly pack the heaviest of punches, but it should do to finish off the wounded.

Wait a minute... Darth Roxor?

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluKalarionBrutus Trump

“Recharging, cover me!”

Recharging my phasor

Kalarion and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
KalarionBrutus Trump

I move towards the closest enemy. I should be able to reach him on a half move, if I do I attack, otherwise I dodge.

Brutus Trump and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
Brutus TrumpCaptainGrimlock

Ok guys, I've just finished reading Clausewitz's The Art Of War and I've got a clever plan: the fat neckbeard (ha!) in the enemy team is paralyzed this turn and within reach of my Blade. Focus fire on his minions and I'll dispose of him with a Half-Move and Attack. Divide et impera, that's what those crazy Greeks used to say, right?

And Darth Roxor? T'is a conspiracy, innit?

The Wargaming Scribe and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeBrutus Trump

Don’t you have your gun equipped?

Brutus Trump has reacted to this post.
Brutus Trump
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 7 December 2021, 16h09

Me? The Heavy Disprutor is a melee weapon (I'll agree that in my brain that's the name of a ranged weapon, but apparently not in this game).

Brutus Trump and CaptainGrimlock have reacted to this post.
Brutus TrumpCaptainGrimlock
Quote from Andnjord on 7 December 2021, 16h11
Quote from CaptainGrimlock on 7 December 2021, 16h09

Me? The Heavy Disprutor is a melee weapon (I'll agree that in my brain that's the name of a ranged weapon, but apparently not in this game).

Weird.

Brutus Trump
Quote from Strange Fellow on 6 December 2021, 23h07

Wait a minute... Darth Roxor?

Surely a member of a misguided subsect of humans coming from the rodent-infested swamps of Po'lant.

IF in range: throw Grenade then move

IF not in range: close in to engage next round. The fun of drinking far away from the action, I swear....

Strange Fellow and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
Strange FellowBrutus Trump
Quote from Dayyalu on 7 December 2021, 19h15

IF in range: throw Grenade then move

IF not in range: close in to engage next round. The fun of drinking far away from the action, I swear....

You can't attack then move, it's only the other way around. From last page:

Half-move (rounded up) and attack (only in this order, no attack & movement)

Also when I say 'closest enemy' I mean the one with a grenade, not Darth Roxor (since he's already targeted by Andnjord)

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluBrutus Trump

I fault the Scribe for the irony and confounding my weak larp-Viking brain.

Then it is: IF it gets me into range move&attack, IF not simply move.

Brutus Trump

Strange Fellow isn’t the only one who has read the rules.

For the record, you couldn’t throw a grenade either. Full turn to swap weapon.

Waiting for @brutus-trump

Brutus Trump

That’s why I decided to reload. I’m too squishy for melee, and swapping would take as long as reloading anyway, so why bother risking myself.

Brutus Trump

As I slowly charged towards the gang, memories from Dulbian gym class sparked up in me. I was taunted for being so slow. At least I managed to beat up my taunters later. Good times.

A large gemstone explosion brought me back to reality. 3 of the gang members were barely alive. However, one still had a grenade, and one of them was healthy, with a phaser. He could easily shoot Grimlock, the boss. Due to my less than stellar dexterity and speed, I probably won't reach the front in time to join the fight. However, I will guard the boss for now. I'll move 2 tiles, up and right, to the green cover.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
PreviousPage 2 of 24Next