Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #10: Rebelstar Raiders

PreviousPage 3 of 9Next
  1. Strange Fellow decides to take a small distracting manouevre so the main forces can go elsewhere.
  2. Everyone in the entire world decides to join Strange Fellow.

Conclusion: this is going to go exactly as well as it usually does.

As for orders: a couple of us (two or three, decide amongst yourselves) will take down the yellow computery thing. The rest will hang a right and proceed northeast, with the intent to meet up with the eastern squadron somewhere around the turret room. We may shoot at green man if green man is enemy man. We may also shoot at the blue aliens from Space Invaders if they decide to try to eat us.

We're in!

I want to go hide in the red square for now and let those guards come to us. Or just under the red square if that's safer. Are the walls completely unpenetrable?

I suggest to the Western group to actually wait a turn before storming in, so they don't expose themselves blindly to danger.

Dayyalu and LanHawk have reacted to this post.
DayyaluLanHawk

Well, 2/3 of the team pouring simultaneously in the same dome through two small holes... It's going to be crowded inside for a while, I just hope nobody throws a grenade into this can to liven up the party.

Also, since nobody went for the gates, the yellow comp is nothing. I'm running in as fast as I can, around the comp and to the right of the lower conveyor. I want to take position that allows me to try to snipe the green tech in the bottom the next turn, while blue robots aren't hostile yet.

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

Well I just hope I won't blow a head clean off of any of you guys in front of me...

After an extra hole is blown by our crazy boomstick guy fearless leader, I'll try to pour into the base and take a position that will allow me to shoot the poor green bastard at the bottom and/or the poor pink bastard hanging around the mining server room.

Can we blow up the internal walls as well? There seems to be a shortcut to the control room blocked by one measly all alongside the eastern edge of the base...

Answering some questions/comments:

"a couple of us (two or three, decide amongst yourselves) will take down the yellow computery thing.":

One guy or gal next to it is enough

We may shoot at green man if green man is enemy man.

All green men are considered hostile. Same with the pink men. The space invaders can be hostile but are inactive at the moment.

Or just under the red square if that's safer. Are the walls completely impenetrable?

Walls are totally impenetrable, but grenade destroy them.

Can we blow up the internal walls as well?

Yes

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Is the thick wall that runs east of the dome breachable? We could form another opening. Would save us 2-3 turns having to go around the computer, and we'd be less bunched up.

Quote from egosphere on 18 November 2023, 11h21

Is the thick wall that runs east of the dome breachable? We could form another opening. Would save us 2-3 turns having to go around the computer, and we'd be less bunched up.

Yes, everything is breachable. And the NPC Grenadier will do it if Strange Fellow allows it.

I'll move one step north and await either a second breach, or until everyone has squeezed into the dome

I think I'll follow the rest of the team but from a distance

(my mission: don't let it be too noticeable that I'm scared to death)

I pop out around the corner and start blasting

I blow up the wall to the north and head as far north as possible, but no more than four squares (which I don't think I have time for anyway).

Grimlock, you pop around the corner and start blasting - go for the green guy first. But don't clog up the entryway. Everyone else follow and make sure you don't block whoever's behind you.

So, still pending:
@morpheus-kitami @andnjord @strange-fellow [whether you allow to dig another hole] @gubisson @hyme

Not bad :).

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

We're going to go around the left side to the other computer. The other team has the south one. Position me at the bottom of the blue line, everyone else try to position yourselves so we get in as many shots should the enemy chase after us.

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 18 November 2023, 11h45
Quote from egosphere on 18 November 2023, 11h21

Yes, everything is breachable. And the NPC Grenadier will do it if Strange Fellow allows it.

Take it down.

I just follow blindly, hoping for strength in numbers! (Hope those numbers > 2)

II. First casualties!

Two more holes are blown in the structure. In the middle, Fellow is pointman. He sees a technician, and shoots to kill!

Soon, everyone in the Western and Central group is inside. The Eastern group lags a bit behind:

Some of the defenders are surprised in their bunks, but most of them react quickly - some run toward the robot storage areas, others toward the breach. A few of them return fire!

LanHawk is killed by a las-bullet:

While Strange Fellow is badly wounded - he won't survive another hit like that!

The mission has barely started and you have already lost one!. What do you do next?

For clarity

- I am playing as much as possible in the order of the answers (because it is easier), except if it makes no sense ("I follow X").

- When the orders become without object (eg for Grimlock, who said he wanted to blast the little green man), I try to keep the spirit of the order.

Dayyalu, Strange Fellow and LanHawk have reacted to this post.
DayyaluStrange FellowLanHawk

I go to where the word "Rast." is in the screenshot, right against the corner.

I go to the space one diagonally down-right to the guy above me, and take as many shots as I can while being able to retreat to where I started

*wakes up* Uh? Where am I?

*LanHawk explodes hit by an explosive bullet*

JESUS H. CHRIST. Whatever. GLORY TO THE FIRST MAN TO DIE! CHARGE!

I think I should have enough movement to turn the corner West (opposite to the side where MK is going) and lasblast the Pinkie.

If Pinkie is dead by MK before my time, I try to reach the northern corridor to snipe whoever I can.

The Wargaming Scribe and LanHawk have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeLanHawk

Up and to the left... up and to the left.

Open fire on the red shirt as soon as I get LOS on him.

PreviousPage 3 of 9Next