Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Torpedo Fire - who should fight who ?

So in addition to the Warp Factor, we have Torpedo Fire coming.

I am going to do only one battle (those are pretty long, and if you have seen one you have seen pretty much all the features in the game), so I am interested in what you would like as a scenario.

They are four countries available both in attack (=sub) and in defense (=convoy) : Japan, UK, US and Germany. You can even indicate which ships you want me to use.

List below :

Brutus Trump and whowh have reacted to this post.
Brutus Trumpwhowh

The Americans have joined the war. With their new Sub-chaser model being produced, the German U-boats will have to improve. Will the new XXI model be able to stop the American destroyers, or, will the Americans reign supreme?

Well, U-Boat XXI it is going to be. Interesting scenario, but I had hoped for something more exotic :p

Brutus Trump has reacted to this post.
Brutus Trump

You want exotic? Ask and you shall receive.

England....    Out of it comes tea, crumpets, and.... Yellow Submarines?                                                                 

In this alternate history, Germany has rebounded after WW2, and not in a good way. Fascism is beginning to rise again. One by one; France, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg have fascist and communist uprisings. On one fateful day in  1973, Germany declares war on England, and sends an invasion force. Unfortunately for England, after Ringo Starr takes over the government, all submarines are taken out of the water, except for a few WW2 era subs. Will the Brits reject the German invasion?

I ll stay with the Type XXI 🙂

Brutus Trump

how about doing Japan subs vs an American convoy? I don't think it happened a lot of times IRL, though

Brutus Trump

Germany vs Japan! An interesting scenario that never had the chance to play out.

It turns out that there was a lot of sub warfare in the pacific. American subs sank a ton of Japanese convoy ships and the USS Indianapolis was destroyed after delivering the atomic bomb.

Brutus Trump
Low quality playthroughs: The empire (Rome) strikes back in -> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/36704-the-new-roman-empire America "liberates" the world in in -> tinyurl.com/bigmurica Napoleon 2.0 -> tinyurl.com/frenchempire134
Quote from whowh on 29 June 2021, 0h28

Germany vs Japan! An interesting scenario that never had the chance to play out.

It turns out that there was a lot of sub warfare in the pacific. American subs sank a ton of Japanese convoy ships and the USS Indianapolis was destroyed after delivering the atomic bomb.

I am trying to avoid ahistorical scenarios in general, as I know some of my audience prefer historical situations.

Brutus Trump

Well, Type XXI vs 1 Fletcher and 2 Buckley it is (plus of course the convoy itself : 3 freighters, 1 tanker). It should be the update of Monday.