Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Dark Forest - where we fight one another before getting overrunned by thrash mobs

PreviousPage 5 of 8Next

It is a bit hard to understand what happens in the East. That's what I have, assuming MK following in X (please confirm).

Also, where did the magician materialize Morpheus's men and why is the magician in Rastignak's territory at the end of the turn ?

As to why... there are some bold moves there, particularly the absence of defense of R.

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 14 September 2023, 23h55

It is a bit hard to understand what happens in the East. That's what I have, assuming MK following in X (please confirm).

Also, where did the magician materialize Morpheus's men and why is the magician in Rastignak's territory at the end of the turn ?\

That seems to be correct, to my knowledge anyway.

The magician apparently let me place them like any normal men.

Also, where did the magician materialize Morpheus's men and why is the magician in Rastignak's territory at the end of the turn ?

The last one is easy: in the beginning of my turn the wizard was hanging in Y, but I got an option to summon him, and that's how he ended in R, and then traveled to G from there the next turn.

Sadly, the old geezer didn't anything else for me:

I really don't want to know what they're doing together...

Quote from Morpheus Kitami on 15 September 2023, 2h27

Also, where did the magician materialize Morpheus's men and why is the magician in Rastignak's territory at the end of the turn ?\

Are the men ON TOP of the normal reinforcements ?

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 15 September 2023, 9h42
Quote from Morpheus Kitami on 15 September 2023, 2h27

Are the men ON TOP of the normal reinforcements ?

I think they were, but it's been a couple of days so it might have happened differently.

Who has the last save, btw? I sent Porkbelly turn 11 and he just asked me about turn 12.

Hmm, I didn't receive turn 11 from him. Though it's possible somebody already has snatched my castle, and I'm no more in the game, just don't know it yet XD

Hands up who's still alive!

Porkbelly and Baron Rastignak have reacted to this post.
PorkbellyBaron Rastignak

Sorry guys, I'm having a senior moment. Things were with me all along.

The turn is back in play. 😛

Baron Rastignak has reacted to this post.
Baron Rastignak

We have passed the rivers into the Southlands. The place is even more blighted than our North, at least the Scots keep some semblance of order.

Even going through the ancient bridges was a struggle, horrible monstra apparead out of nowhere and engaged our men. They're similar to the Homini Silvani, but bigger and adapted for the water: probably their kin. We managed to fight them off at great cost, and secured the region after killing some Gruds.

Just as we settled in, men fleeing told us that Argyra, the so-called Grud Lord, was apparently defeated by one of the Southerners. It can be a good thing, maybe his dungeons now will be open for us to find his relics.

The Druids are still trying to stop us at every corner: one of our militias was hit by the Specter, its terrible form appearing from the mists and snatching four knights. We're lucky you and the others, Clemens are campaigning so hard for reinforcements and new men come to fight the good fight daily. 

Porkbelly has the magician, I wasn't fast enough to screenshot it. Six men eaten by RNG and I dread the next turn.

You need to explain what Porkbelly and Rastignak did this turn 😉

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 16 September 2023, 12h59

I evacuated my garrison from M to R in the face of imminent destruction. So instead of my men Dayyalu enjoyed gruds' company

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 16 September 2023, 12h59

*emits sounds of confusion, watches the Scribe with red, tired eyes*

Oh god it's my job now?

In this specific case I was confused about the events.

Turn 10  - The triumph of border gore

Honestly, very difficult to understand from the outside. I don't know what kind of diplomatic clusterfuck happened, but Dayyalu made the least expected (and least decisive ?) move by crossing in M to occupy a province that Rastignak had peacefully abandoned. Porkbelly does nothing visible, and Morpheus finally simplifies the borders in the bottom-right corner by eliminating Argyra.

Porkbelly and Baron Rastignak have reacted to this post.
PorkbellyBaron Rastignak

I can't in any way or form describe the turn in a way that makes sense in-character.

Morpheus conquers R from Rastignak.

I conquer P from Morpheus (sorry Morph, it was an abandoned territory and the Gruds would have taken it nonetheless).

Rastignak raids X from Morpheus with his forlorn band of men.

I don't exactly know Porkbelly did. Pork is probably building some endgame doomstack to jump on me, but hey, a man has to do what he has to do.

I, for fun, summon the magician (I want a boat or something).

I get more than I bargained for. I dump all the Gruds on U to avoid them attacking me on P. They proceed to attack Porkbelly (sorry! sorry!).

The Specter eats some men from Porkbelly and the Magician camps in my lands without giving me a single man.

I.... don't think I'm doing the best moves.

(notice the reborn Free Republic of Gruds)

So, new turn.

Morpheus pacifies X from Rastignak's marauding hordes. And dumps his entire production plus some extras on R, ready to conquer.

Porkbelly pacifies T from the Gruds.

Rastignak launches a suicidal attack on C, he does not occupy it but leaves it to the Gruds.

Dayyalu returns the favour by occupying G.

The Magician camps on H, the Specter eats two of Porkbelly's men, and I wait for my incoming doom. I can't exactly pinpoint the causes of Morpheus' spike in recruits, but Rastignak suggests that it's another Magical Magician Recruitment Drive. What the hell.

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

M and P once again prove to be the high-water for northern incursions.

And, magicians are fickle... somewhere, someone just fed something after midnight.

Baron Rastignak has reacted to this post.
Baron Rastignak

Wake Me Up When Grudtember Ends

We're again at the "Gruds Everywhere" stage of the cycle, lads. And I mean, everywhere - two gruds infestations in one turn, yay to the powers of the RNG chaos!

Dayyalu and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbelly

This one gonna get ugly.

Morpheus decides to evict me from the South and dumps a considerable number of troops, managing to kill me off from M.

Porkbelly takes the easy way and conquers P from me. He summons the magician, get awarded some Gruds, and dumps them all on me on C.

Rastignak chooses to troll Morpheus and conquers M, only to leave it to the Gruds. He also summons the magician and he also gets awarded with some Gruds, he chooses to dump them on U.

I see all the madness going on, and playing conservatively I cleanse the Gruds on C with little loss (lucky dice rolls, I guess) and reinforce.

AFTERWARDS, the Spectre chooses to eat the single man Morpheus left on W awarding it automatically to the Gruds, while the Gruds on U attack T restoring the Free Grud Republic and kind of surrounding Morpheus' second castle.

Guys, seriously, I wasn't that dangerous. Was falling again into GRUDMANIA worth the effort? (Also, I love this game. It's RNG heavy as fuck but it never fails to be entertaining).

Argyraspide and Baron Rastignak have reacted to this post.
ArgyraspideBaron Rastignak

Just a little test

PreviousPage 5 of 8Next