Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Dark Forest - where we fight one another before getting overrunned by thrash mobs

PreviousPage 4 of 8Next

Lord Piglet has retaken region O. The entire Dark Forest rings to the beat of porcine trotters once more.

Hey folks, how comes Morpheus and Porkbelly keep sharing the Wizard between them? What did you offer him guys to become your doorkeeper? 🤣

End of turn 8.

Since I'd rather stay indoors these days, what with being surrounded by enemies, I have a prod around the dusty shelves and basements of my castle and come across a couple of shiny trinkets:

Well, maybe I shouldn't have done that...

At any rate, this time the Spectar goes directly to the source of Rastignac's power and munches on a guy that wasn't paying enough attention:

And once again, the magician favours Morpheus. Lucky him:

As for the Gruds, they decide region P rightfully belongs to them and take it from the Baron:

The Gruds seem to be on the back foot, two great armies stare at each other across a bridge in the North and an even greater one is ready to pounce in the South-West. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Quote from Baron Rastignak on 11 September 2023, 20h28

Hey folks, how comes Morpheus and Porkbelly keep sharing the Wizard between them? What did you offer him guys to become your doorkeeper? 🤣

See, the wizard comes from Alabama and believes the south should rise again, only he's forgotten this isn't quite the American south. ;p

Incidentally, on the game front, it seems Rasti attacked from P to M and then moved most of his troops out of P.

Quote from Morpheus Kitami on 12 September 2023, 2h24
Quote from Baron Rastignak on 11 September 2023, 20h28

See, the wizard comes from Alabama and believes the south should rise again, only he's forgotten this isn't quite the American south. ;p

Incidentally, on the game front, it seems Rasti attacked from P to M and then moved most of his troops out of P.

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Aaand so, you could search your own castle?..

Also, there is no more two great armies across the Northern bridge. Only one not-so-great one. In kilts.

Quote from Argyraspide on 12 September 2023, 1h04

End of turn 8.

Since I'd rather stay indoors these days, what with being surrounded by enemies, I have a prod around the dusty shelves and basements of my castle and come across a couple of shiny trinkets:

What's funny is that since you have one of Dayyalu's treasures, he has no choice but basically kill everyone, because I don't think he can reach 506 in any other way.

Also, map of the previous turn :

Map of turn 8 :

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu
Quote from Argyraspide on 12 September 2023, 1h04

No, you should not have done that.

You definitely should not have done that.

I may need to kill every man in this room now.

EDIT: well, like, a couple. It depends on the treasures. Porkbelly is the shortest way, but if then I discover MK has my treasure or something.....

The Wargaming Scribe and Argyraspide have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeArgyraspide

And for a moment, peace in our realm. The lands of our liege, after the end of the accursed Scribe, are peaceful and under the most wise government. I've used this time to properly search for all the... weirdness in our lands, in the ceaseless search for the items of power that are the subject of our quest.

A grotesque amount of items, books and statues were found, sadly all lacking the blasphemous signs of what we seek. Refugees from the South tell me, however, that a great statue has been unveiled South, in the court of Argyra, a lesser lord that is rumored to use the Gruds as shock troops through unknown means. For sure, this statue is what we seek!

That said, phew. So, we have new data: a Castle can have  a random number of treasurers, your own castle is NOT guaranteed to have a treasure for you, and I now have made a shitton of enemies even amongst former friends. This gonna get brutal.

The Wargaming Scribe and Baron Rastignak have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeBaron Rastignak
Quote from Dayyalu on 12 September 2023, 17h55

your own castle is NOT guaranteed to have a treasure for you

I would even imagine it probably never has one for you.

Turn 9 is at an end.

The magician offers some relief to my weary soldiers, and suddenly the battlements are a little more cramped:

After that, the Spectar goes back to Dayyalu for his midnight snack:

And the magician once again gives a little boost to Morpheus:

This time, the Gruds reinforce their numbers, but do not attack.

Dayyalu

I seriously love how the RNG keeps everyone on his toes.

Rastignak has a good army near Morpheus' citadel BUT Morpheus has a good army near Argyra's Citadel BUT Argyra's got 4 men from the Magician giving him defensive parity BUT I need to decide to jump on Porkbelly or on Rastignak BUT I kinda can't take both and the Specter is eating my men all the time

I may be in a slightly better position from the size side, but playing second-to-last is kind of messy, and it's not like the Magician can't poof one of my armies in some insane way like he did with Rastignak.

Baron Rastignak has reacted to this post.
Baron Rastignak

@baron-rastignak, can you use the boat that the magician gave Morpheus in R? I wonder if it stays even after a change of ownership. You'll know if you can move men from this province to any other on the river's banks.

Quote from Argyraspide on 12 September 2023, 21h11

@baron-rastignak, can you use the boat that the magician gave Morpheus in R? I wonder if it stays even after a change of ownership. You'll know if you can move men from this province to any other on the river's banks.

I'll check it when I get my turn

Speaking of the magician giving a boost to Morpheus...

Lord Piglet scours his castle and turns up naught but a brass penny.

Dayyalu
Quote from Argyraspide on 12 September 2023, 21h11

@argyraspide, yes it seems the boat stays in the land where it was summoned, no matter who controls it. I can use it, but I choose not to yet.

Argyraspide has reacted to this post.
Argyraspide

Turn 10 comes to an end.

The Spectar decides to sample the local delicacy for once.

Rastignac gets an extra soldier in the North

And the Gruds attack Morpheus from X to V, but fail. He'll have to decide whether to occupy this new province or not.

I kind of feel like we should announce which provinces we attacked from where, since somehow Q became a grud territory since I held it last turn. I'm guessing Porkbelly attacked Q from T while Rasti obviously attacked U from R. It shouldn't feel obfuscated, since obviously we would see this were we all in a room playing the game together.

(for the record, I just finished off Argyra from W)

Dayyalu, Porkbelly and Baron Rastignak have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbellyBaron Rastignak

No, no... wasn't me at Q! I searched my castle last turn.

I believe you only had one man in there, and it seems the Spectre took him.

Quote from Morpheus Kitami on 13 September 2023, 18h43

somehow Q became a grud territory since I held it last turn.

I guess it's a bit of a display bug. You had only one man in that region, the Spectar came to eat him, so that would turn the region over to the Gruds, but what it shows in the screenshot above is "the Spectar eats 1 of Grud's men". The region was still yours until the Spectar ate your last man there.

Morpheus Kitami has reacted to this post.
Morpheus Kitami

Ah, that makes sense. The game checks to see who owns the territory AFTER the Spectar lowers the number of men there, and since a territory with no men is owned by the grud...

PreviousPage 4 of 8Next