Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

RSS feed

I'm trying to back to healthier habits and read blogs rather than doomscrolling on the internet in general and a friend highly recommended this blog.

However when I add the rss feed I get a brief description of the blog entry with a box that would take me to the website. Am I doing something wrong or using the wrong rss feed?

I hope to be able to read blogs in a sort of magazine format

Hello Dave,

I think I fixed it. I don't use RSS feeds myself, so please tell me if it works !

I've used an RSS feed for this site since I've started reading it, and it's always worked, so the issue does not come from it.

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 13 June 2023, 0h43

Hello Dave,

I think I fixed it. I don't use RSS feeds myself, so please tell me if it works !

Thanks - nothing has changed yet but I think anything you do may take time to propogate to Feedly perhaps.

Quote from Argyraspide on 13 June 2023, 11h14

I've used an RSS feed for this site since I've started reading it, and it's always worked, so the issue does not come from it.

I'm using Feedly which I think is fairly popular and for this site but only this site I get a preview and a link to the article directly on the website. I've checked with a different one, the old reader and it works fine.

I'm afraid I don't know a great deal about rss feeds etc so I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's something set that causes Feedly to only take a preview.

I use Feedly too, and yes, you get a short preview with a link.

I'd much rather read the article on the site, so for me that's not an issue. You'd probably get smaller screenshots and no comments in Feedly, so it would be worse anyway.

Hello Dave,

It works for Archon but not for previous posts, so it looks like you have fixed it going forwards.

Quote from Dave_Velociraptor on 14 June 2023, 16h12

Hello Dave,

It works for Archon but not for previous posts, so it looks like you have fixed it going forwards.

Thansk for the update. I will leave the settings as they are now then.

Dave_Velociraptor has reacted to this post.
Dave_Velociraptor