Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Andromeda's Conquest MP game

Page 1 of 4Next

Hello,

The Data Driven Gamer and myself would like to test Andromeda's Conquest in multiplayer -4 players.

Game #36 : Andromeda Conquest (1982)

We would play on AppleWin, and exchange savestate to pass turns.

If you are interested, please subscribe. As it is a MP game that relies on trust, full disclosure that I will prioritize people that have been active already

Dayyalu and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbelly

I'm in! (if we're still recruiting)

Heya

@porkbelly - We were still recruiting and it is going to be you and Dayyalu + me and the DataDrivenGamer. I am going to send an email soon :).

Managed to play the turn and sent it to Porkbelly!

I haven't tested a shitton of stuff I feel the need to test (ship combat, primarily) but I feel that the opening moves are already quite clear even for a newb and that a couple extra days will give me enough time to test stuff.

I hope

As anything I wanted to pick (insects, molluscs and robbits) was taken already, I got back to my Dominions roots and took Aquatic. You can't attack me underwater, right? Right?

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

Terrific! The mollusc fleets are on the move. Trailing across the stars at 2 meters per hour!

To mis-quote Sherlock Holmes --- "This snail has afoot!"

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyalubaudDDG Ahab

I haven’t had the save yet and I yet I know what you did :

-Build a colony ship

- Head toward the nearest system

Ahahaah. I can read you like a book. Fishes and mollusks are so predictable.

Dayyalu and baud have reacted to this post.
Dayyalubaud

The robots, contrary to the prophesied apocalyptic scenarios of their squishy forerunners, largely ignored them upon gaining sentience and collectively blasted off to settle the asteroid belt. But now the silicon-mining operations are operating at the maximum efficiency possible for the system. Priority override: we must expand.

The Wargaming Scribe and Dayyalu have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyalu
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 22 February 2022, 8h43

I haven’t had the save yet and I yet I know what you did :

-Build a colony ship

- Head toward the nearest system

Ahahaah. I can read you like a book. Fishes and mollusks are so predictable.

What if I instead build a Scout fleet to check quickly the closest bunch of planets to guarantee a proper target for expansion and hunt for enemy Echo ships if random generation gave me an enemy homeworld close enough?

That's another possible opening, I guess the only other one.

Damn are you playing with my mind. There MIGHT be several opening.

There is no reference website to tell you what is the best opening, and none of us has any experience about, well, anything related to this game. This feels weird.

I don't think there's any opening bar those two. Feel free to correct me:

+ You can't build Nova ships with your Homeworld.

+You can't setup more than one fleet par turn (feel free to correct me, I didn't manage to do much testing).

+Defenses are useless in the first turn.

What else you can do if not choose between Scout/Colony? Scout is also risky, because despite the extra speed you'll still need turns to get the Echo ships into the area and if you send a colony ship and afterwards you send a Scout Fleet you can check the planets using the extra speed and re-route the Echo ships to other targets for better scouting.

Of course, I still don't understand a lot of the basic mechanics, so I'm going blind and relying to old PBEM strategies.  Also, I seriously hope there's a minimum spawn distance for players, because spawning next to each other would be.... *fun* in the Dwarfortressian sense.

You can build several fleets every turn (you have the question "how many fleets do you want to create") if you built several ships

I think Echo in the first turn is the best choice, except if you want to be super aggressive and do 5 scouts in the first turn (since you don't store resource from one turn to another). But then you get only one turn of forewarning, and lose one turn of production (if you colonize at the beginning of turn 2). Of course, you can be unlucky and find a system you cannot colonize (too expensive, or "neutrals" in there).

DDG Ahab has reacted to this post.
DDG Ahab

We have a shitton of contacts. I guess the next turns will be "fun"

Also, the first planets I get are impossible

Can neutrals be of the same race of a player? (because I bumped into a &PLAYER RACE& planet with Tech 9 an' shit, so unconquerable or something if I read the manual right)

I believe neutrals can be the same race as a player.

if you see a lot of contact, it means one of us went for the “scout ship” opening

A new nation! Founded amuck the slithy toves, it rises from the trail of oyster slime deposited by our Escargot vessel.

It is squamous and weak, but it is ours! It fweebles softly to us. We call it Scallop.

<ooc>Trying to get my turn out earlier this time, hopefully before end of day in the US.</ooc>

The Wargaming Scribe and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDDG Ahab
Quote from Porkbelly on 24 February 2022, 3h29

A new nation! Founded amuck the slithy toves, it rises from the trail of oyster slime deposited by our Escargot vessel.

It is squamous and weak, but it is ours! It fweebles softly to us. We call it Scallop.

<ooc>Trying to get my turn out earlier this time, hopefully before end of day in the US.</ooc>

You talk, you talk, but all I hear is you describing how nutritious you are. Unlike the robots.

I suppose the fishes ALSO are nutritious, but not low-hanging fruits.

VESSEL OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN DETECTED IN RANGE OF PROBES... PRIORITY OVERRIDE... BEGIN CONTACT SEQUENCE

We have come to visit you in peace, and with good will.

END CONTACT SEQUENCE. NEW BEHAVIOR SELECTED... EX-TER-MI-NATE! EX-TER-MI-NAAAATE!

Quote from DDG Ahab on 24 February 2022, 15h57

VESSEL OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN DETECTED IN RANGE OF PROBES... PRIORITY OVERRIDE... BEGIN CONTACT SEQUENCE

We have come to visit you in peace, and with good will.

END CONTACT SEQUENCE. NEW BEHAVIOR SELECTED... EX-TER-MI-NATE! EX-TER-MI-NAAAATE!

God damn it someone invited the Slylandro and their probes. Anyone remembers the self-destruct code ?

Also, if you see someone exploring right of you, roughly 4 meters away, do not come, except if you are edible. I have DOZENS of Nova ships ready.

And another! Stouter than little Scallop, we call her Antbane. They shall be friends.

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

Food ! Food has been delivered.

It will be eaten soon, if it does not leave.

PRIORITY OVERRIDE... BEGIN OUTGOING TRANSMISSION SEQUENCE...

Attention vessels at coordinates [14,15]. Withdraw or our probes will restart contact sequence.

END TRANSMISSION SEQUENCE.

Page 1 of 4Next