Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #5 - Space Station Zulu

PreviousPage 2 of 9Next

Go ahead, young Andjorn, be the hero we need! Let's go with him and keep ourselves together, men, at least until we know what's afoot.

So missing :

@baud

@brutus-trump

@strange-fellow

@kalarion

Brutus Trump was rudely interrupted from his space flight hibernation. As he stumbled to “Room E” (You aren’t very sure on your feet after months of hibernation.) he saw that Andjord and the coward anddjdjfirndnrjr or something had taken laser cutters and were venturing into Room F to secure the control room. Brutus decided to charge into Room D. Perhaps no one would follow him. That would be nice. Brutus stupidly began entering Room D.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

If I insult anyone, it’s just my character in the roleplay. I don’t have anything against any of you.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I'll play too. I'm happy to stay in the cryogenic pod for now. Just throw me in the Picard wing, between the frozen green beans and the duck parmentier.

Well turn resolved tonight so you have a few hours to do something or Andnjord will decide for you (or you will replace Gubisson in the freezer) 🙂

Brutus Trump has reacted to this post.
Brutus Trump

Turn 1 :

The group, led by Andnjord, haphazardly moves toward room F, except Brutus Trump that is not genre-savvy enough to stay with the rest of the group and moves to D !

As you can imagine, both "groups" (and that's being generous with Brutus Trump) meet something :

Starting with Brutus Trump...

.... WHAT IS THIS HORROR ?

While, I am not sure but it is hostile !

At least it is alone.

The group led by Andnjord is less lucky :

It is time to explain a bit the rules on combat.

Each of you can :

• ESCAPE (you cannot just MOVE when an alien is around). OF course, there is a chance of being hit in the back. Unglorious.
  • DEFEND - it helps you survive the alien turns. It does not help you kill them
  • ATTACK

If you attack :

• You can use any weapon you have, or that is available in a room (you can even exchange weapons before attacking) ; each weapon can only be used once by combat though, but weapons never run out (eg it is not a noise bomb, it is a "set of noise bombs" that lasts until all of you or all of the aliens are dead),
  • You all pick your targets (alien #1, alien #2 or alien #3),
  • Your attacks are all resolved at the same time,
  • Each attacked alien receives only "one" attack with the combined strength of everyone who attacked. There is no wound, either you kill them, or you don't, so you should combine your strength... but also you want to kill more than one alien by turn, so maybe spread out... but if you spread out too much you may not kill any. Ah, decisions, decisions.

After you have done your attacks, well, the alien will play the same guessing game. But they are good at guessing.

Anyway,... good luck.

Eat laser, Alien #1!

"ENLIST IN THE SPACE CORPS THEY SAID NO RISKS THEY SAID"

"I should have gone for the FTL spaceship, I heard they had a recreation holodeck even, why I AM HERE"

Grabbing the hammer is a free "move", right?

Then with the power of the lower class of workers and peasants, I grab the hammer and hit the same alien that Argy hits. After he proves that it lacks acid blood.

Helly sees the monsters as he enters the room and quickly hide behind some container (DEFEND), furiously drawing the creatures on his notebook.

"Yes. Yes! YES! That is exactly why I came here for! Finally, a new lifeform that may be able to breed with us to form a new, upgraded humanity!" exclaims Helly loudly, not being able to contain his joy.

"Don't kill them, men! Try to catch at least one alive!"

Well, missing :

@brutus-trump

@andnjord

@strange-fellow

@baud

@kalarion

For the 3 later, if out of time or interest, tell me so I can unfreeze Gubisson !

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Awfully sorry, I must have dozed off... Are we there yet?

Wait, where are we? What's going on? Ah! Good God! Well, that is, I mean to say, charge!

... Or perhaps I pick up the noise bombs. I rain noise bomb hellfire upon my wretched enemy! Which happens to be the one on the far right. Or maybe a noise bomb hits all enemies? What the hell is a noise bomb?

Brutus Trump has reacted to this post.
Brutus Trump
Quote from Strange Fellow on 27 October 2021, 20h58

Awfully sorry, I must have dozed off... Are we there yet?

Wait, where are we? What's going on? Ah! Good God! Well, that is, I mean to say, charge!

... Or perhaps I pick up the noise bombs. I rain noise bomb hellfire upon my wretched enemy! Which happens to be the one on the far right. Or maybe a noise bomb hits all enemies? What the hell is a noise bomb?

There is only one way to know what a noise bomb is !

Music to my ears. Tell you what, manhandling unidentified objects is almost like charging without charging!

Die miserable insect! When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence (ATTACK Alien #2)

Servants! Split fire between the two leading aliens. I want overlapping fields of fire, now!

As Brutus Trump charged into Room D, he almost ran head first into a grotesque creature. After looking the creature over to see if it was Helly, and seeing that it wasn’t, he picked up a few noise bombs and hid behind an old table. (Defend). If Brutus Trump could survive long enough, his stupidity might be unpunished. Until then, he would get acquainted with the new table.

Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
AndnjordStrange Fellow

huh  huh... what? Sorry I dozed off, might some kind of huh... space travel sickness... What, do you mean monsters?

Bah, just some space cockroaches, a few punches like we did to those idiots who didn't paid their gambling debts back in the borough and bye-bye uglies.

Quote from Andnjord on 27 October 2021, 22h38

Servants! Split fire between the two leading aliens. I want overlapping fields of fire, now!

I ain't taking order from you. I'll smash MY alien

ATTACK Alien #3

Summing up :

• Argyraspide : Laser on #1
  • Dayyalu : Hammer on #1
  • Helly : Defend
  • Strange Fellow : Noise bomb on #3
  • Andnjord : Laser #2
  • Baud : Attack #3
  • Kalarion : Attack #2 (same as Andnjord, my decision)
  • Brutus Trump : Take noise bomb and defend.

Resolution soon.

Turn 2 :

You hear a terrible cry from room D "nooo, nooo"... and then nothing.

You don't have much time to care about whatever happened to Brutus Trump. Argyraspide and Andnjord use laser cutters on the aliens facing them but ... oh no... as you attack them with laser cutter they grow in size. Some sort of ... larvae? start to detach from them. It looks like you should not use laser cutters in the future.

Dayallu rushes at one of the larvae with his hammer, but as he hits it... it splits in two. Terrible idea as well.

Suddenly,  painful shriek. Strange Fellow tested one of its noise bombs. This time, it was successful, and one of the horrible monsters is down.

Andnjord and Kalarion are paralysed by pain - noise bombs are no joke... By the time the pain has recedded, the aliens are on them. Kalarion is swallowed whole, while Andnjord harm is bitten off ! He collapses on the floor ; death is imminent.

As you prepare your next moves, you hear an explosion on the other side (straight left) of the base, followed by gunshots. You also hear some ... mechanical (?) noise from room G.

Dayyalu and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
DayyaluStrange Fellow

WHERE'D MY SHIELD GO!

(Of course I lose the website for three days :D)

PreviousPage 2 of 9Next