Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #2 - Computer Ambush

PreviousPage 5 of 5

Holy shit 😀

It looks to me like Dayyalu's last orders are probably the best idea... charge to the building directly north of the church and try to scoot to the exit. At least we still have my MG, I can provide cover while the other two run across the street.

What a clusterfuck. Glorious!

In fact, I'm a little incredulous that our two slowest soldiers (Baud and I)

I'd say that it is because the two of you kept being too far back back due to your slowness, whilst the fast ones were on the frontlines running around like headless chicken on crack which made us more exposed.

But dayum, what a slaughter! We sure got our asses handed to us.

Just waiting for @Baud, with only 3 players left it would be sad to skip him 🙂

Quote from Alxeu on 23 May 2021, 19h16

So if we have no leadership anymore, are we all as slow as Baud?

In fact, I'm a little incredulous that our two slowest soldiers (Baud and I) have somehow survived this long, but go us, I suppose. We should probably hug a side of this village and work our ways towards the exit.

No glory left to be won here, just our early demises. Let's go behind the church and then hug the eastern end of the village until we get out of here.

But, uh, carefully, of course. A blind run out of town is just as liable to get us shot.

the slowest soldiers tend to lag behind, so are less likely to catch any bullets 🙂

And I'd do like Alxeu suggested, stick close to the edge of the village and work my way towards the exit.

7. The shameful retreat

Kalarion wants to abide by Dayyalu initial plan, but Baud and Laxeu convince him to at least pass behind the Church.

Arrived in the bourgeois home, they expect to find a German. Kalarion walks fist, BAR in hands, Laxeu is ready to throw a grenade. Baud is as usually, lagging a bit behind.

As they see a German, Kalarion opens fire through two windows, and Laxeu throws a grenade :

The grenade misses by a lot and almost wound Kalarion, and the German, maybe wounded, ducks.

Kalarion keeps shooting, Laxeu throws another grenade to the building behind, where he saw something moving. It is a close miss, but the German is protected by a wall :

Kalarion and Laxeu keep moving to avoid being targetted by a grenade. From behind the garage, they have a good angle on the German in the garden. This time, they don't miss him, though it is not clear who shot the killing bullet :

They cross the hedge and engage the second German, but he is well covered. Baud is crawling and tries to get a visual as well for his Thompson :

Laxeu prepares his last grenade for the German. In the following seconds after he threw hit, he is shot in the leg by another German that was hidden in the bourgeois house in the South. Meanwhile...

... Baud is killed by a grenade.

Laxeu's grenade kill the German ! Laxeu turns to Kalarion to ask him "what next"... but Kalarion is not there anymore. The last bullet shot from the German found Kalarion's head, and Laxeu is alone, wounded :

Laxeu crawls out of the village. He survived, he escaped, but all his squad is dead.

They say you should not get too friendly with the new guys, because they usually don't survive long enough. But Laxeu is special. HE does not want to get too friendly every time he gets allocated to a new squad. Laxeu - if he survives his wounds, but he will, he always did - will find himself the new guy in a new squad...

... for yet another time.

baud, Strange Fellow and Brutus Trump have reacted to this post.
baudStrange FellowBrutus Trump

So that's a loss (you need 3 men to evacuate minimum, or kill all the Germans, but is badly wounded at this point so...) but thank you all for participating ?

There are 10 Germans total, you did kill 2 at the spawn point, 1 isolated in the garage, 2 in the Church and 2 in the final dash, with Andjnord's killer a "possible" kill by grenade, so there were 2/3 left.

Kill count :

• Helly : 0,5 (shared with Kalarion)
  • Dayyalu : 2
  • Strange : 0
  • Andnjord : 0
  • Kalarion : 2, (one shared with Kalarion, one shared with Laxeu, one personal grenade kill) + possible 1
  • Baud : 0
  • Laxeu : 1,5 (one shared with Kalarion)
  • Unallocated : 1 [the one in the Church, either killed by Helly's grenade, sharpshooting by Strange or MG by either Dayyalu or Kalarion. There was a lot of bullets going in his general direction].

It is my experience of this game that grenade > MG >>>> Anything else.

Any feedback ?

As for the rest :

• I am looking for pilots for a totally NON-interactive Let's Play in the Computer Air Combat game,
  • I plan to do a succession game in ... call of war of all things. Yes, that call of war with Tibet
  • I will open an interactive AAR for a very modern (2019 or 2020) but little known game soon, with non-interactive roles too.

Stay tuned 🙂

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Pretty awesome faillure! I wonder how much better we would have done had we realised how bad the penalty for splitting up was right from the begining. Also, am I correct in assuming that 99 wounds means death? In which case, did I...did I survive? To be captured by the Germans of course? 😊

And congrats to the New Kid! I'm sure he'll be warmly welcomed by his new unit when they find out that he's the only survivor of his previous squad and probably think him to bring bad luck.

• I plan to do a succession game in ... call of war of all things. Yes, that call of war with Tibet

I'll skip that one, but godspeed to the poor souls who dare to venture into the horrors of online pay to win games! (ok, it didn't look THAT much like pay to win, but it certainly isn't my cup of tea). I'll watch with interest and look forward to see your opponents reactions when faced with an enemy who seemingly keeps changing strategy for no apparent reason!

Quote from Andnjord on 25 May 2021, 13h43

Pretty awesome faillure! I wonder how much better we would have done had we realised how bad the penalty for splitting up was right from the begining. Also, am I correct in assuming that 99 wounds means death? In which case, did I...did I survive? To be captured by the Germans of course? 😊

And congrats to the New Kid! I'm sure he'll be warmly welcomed by his new unit when they find out that he's the only survivor of his previous squad and probably think him to bring bad luck.

I'll skip that one, but godspeed to the poor souls who dare to venture into the horrors of online pay to win games! (ok, it didn't look THAT much like pay to win, but it certainly isn't my cup of tea). I'll watch with interest and look forward to see your opponents reactions when faced with an enemy who seemingly keeps changing strategy for no apparent reason!

Indeed, 99 means "dead", anything between 51 and 98 means "in shock", which in game terms is EXACTLY the same thing as dead as far as I could understand.

So Laxeu was really close to not making it home.

Indeed, I did not realize the penalty for splitting was that bad, probably because in my experience with the default team by chance I only separated the smart kids for the rest of the squad.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

Only one survivor, and a private at that... what was his name again? I guess it doesn't matter.

What does matter is that you, commander, have achieved something that has thus far been beyond the abilities of any general of war, be it your Syrian brother, or even corporal Dayyalu. You have killed the Strange Fellow. For this extraordinary feat, you are awarded the Victoria Cross.

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

What can I say ? It looks like you are better as a tankman than you are as a rifleman. Airman next ?

Quote from The Wargaming Rat on 25 May 2021, 13h09

... Baud is killed by a grenade.

I j-just wanted to get sarge's w-whisky...

A small note : you guys are part of history now :

Game #8 : Computer Ambush

baud, Andnjord and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
baudAndnjordStrange Fellow
PreviousPage 5 of 5