Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #10: Rebelstar Raiders

PreviousPage 8 of 9Next

Pending @sir-duncan-el-torpe @morpheus-kitami and @karbonkitty :). At least one other!

I think we should for now move just three steps forward, so that MK ends just on the south side of the junction. That way there should be enough distance to the robot so that its aim hopefully won't be too accurate. Tim can't shoot us, but if he want's to play a hero, the next turn will crush his dreams.

This I think would give us the most tactical freedom on the following turn.

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

Yeah, I agree with Lynx. Going past that would more likely than not hurt us badly if it's even possible.

<silently whistles a tune as the conga line advances>

Lynx does seem to have the best idea we can get in the current situation, so let's do that ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm basically this fellow

So... yes to allย 

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

XII. Tanking laser blasts like a pro.

As you proposed, the group advances until the intersection. The robot takes its shoot...

... and hit!

MK survives with 1HP, which means he is down to 6 movement points (instead of 12). But he survives...

Hopefully Operator Lynx's plan has a part II :).

I would estimate that the RNG gave the robot quite a perfect shot here. So that kind of wound cuts the movement to half; at least we are gathering data and learning how this game operates. I had counted on that Morpheus would have more MP left even when injured, so we have to make some adjustments to our advancement. But most likely the next turn will be the last for him...

I move as far up as I can while still having a shot at the robot. If I don't have a shot, just move me all three places up. Pour one out for me boys.

Quote from Morpheus Kitami on 8 December 2023, 5h09

I move as far up as I can while still having a shot at the robot. If I don't have a shot, just move me all three places up. Pour one out for me boys.

You will be able to move twice and shoot once (maybe twice). You'll die fighting.
@karbonkitty ? You are second, and soon first, so your decision is important!

I'd say we press on and let this turn be our Do or Die-moment. After MK has moved north the rest of us move three steps forward so that Karbonkitty ends up on the left side of the intersection and Sir Duncan in the middle of it, and then we pray for Lady Luck to be on our side.

In the best case those robots can take one shot, hitting only Morpheus, and in the worst case they can shoot others as well. Similarly, if Tim decides to play a hero, he can shoot 2-3 times at Karbonkitty. In the best case the pressure on him takes its toll and he misses enough, and in the worst case he turns out to be an expert gunslinger and makes a kill.

Alea iacta est

Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week!

Optimally, I'd like to take a shot at the robot, but it will probably not leave me enough MP to move to the left, like Major Lynx suggests (you got yourself promoted, congratulations ๐Ÿ˜‰ )?

Let's follow the suggestion then, I'll turn to the left on the intersection and take a potshot at the greenshirt if possible.

XIII. The sacrifice

MK advances toward the robot, photon gun blasting. He shoots twice, hitting his target once!

Meanwhile, the rest of the group turns left. KarbonKitty shoots at the technician, but misses!

The robot executes MK and then takes cover. The technician bursts from the door, pistol in hand, and shoots three times on KarbonKitty. He hits only once, but KarbonKitty is badly wounded (6 MPs only)!

Andnjord and Operative Lynx have reacted to this post.
AndnjordOperative Lynx

Robot to the west is mine!!!!

(famous last words...)

Operative Lynx has reacted to this post.
Operative Lynx

Good thing that Tim hadn't spent his free time at the Main-Comp gunnery range. I'll assume that KarbonKitty has enough MP for one aimed shot to show Tim how to shoot.

I think it's best for me to move last. Since Sir Duncan in his rush to get the robot passes the doorway where Tim is standing, I move to that doorway. Then, assuming KarbonKitty has taken the shot, if Tim is alive, I shoot him from point blank range. If Tim is dead, I move into that room, where he came from, and to the west side of the room, if my MP allows.

Unless KarbonKitty would like to do something else?

For the Empi... <checks notes> rebellion!

Let's shoot that green bastard dead. Hopefully before he finishes me off.

XIV. The death of Technical Tim

Well, it is in the title. KarbonKitty aims, shoots, and kill Tim with only one last blast.

Then Sir Duncan yells : "Robot to the west is mine!!!!"

Well, I interpret that as "I rush to the robot and shoot at it". Which he does, hitting the robot.

If a robot could be angry, this robot would be very angry, and it returns fire, killing Sir Duncan.

Well, that's two men (one wounded) against 3 robots (2 damaged) now...

Yes, well, but it's an epic death, yes or no???

And silly too...xD

Quote from Sir Duncan el Torpe on 9 December 2023, 15h10

And silly too...xD

I would say "not epic". You did not even destroy a robot!

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 9 December 2023, 16h58
Quote from Sir Duncan el Torpe on 9 December 2023, 15h10

And silly too...xD

I would say "not epic". You did not even destroy a robot!

Bah! Details...

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

After the sad death of Sir Duncan our squad has reduced to only two members. Can we still save the operation...

I have been considering our options, and both are highly risky, since those robots are suspiciously well programmed. KarbonKitty, do you prefer a direct approach (sooner death) or a cautious approach (delayed death)?

In direct approach you move one step up, then right, and take a hip shot at the robot. I would then return to same position from where I started the previous turn.

In cautious approach you move one step left towards me, and I move one step right towards you. From there making our following movement based on actions taken by the robots.

Or any other ideas?

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly
PreviousPage 8 of 9Next