Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #10: Rebelstar Raiders

PreviousPage 4 of 9Next
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 18 November 2023, 17h35

So, still pending:
@morpheus-kitami @andnjord @strange-fellow [whether you allow to dig another hole] @gubisson @hyme

Not bad :).

Sorry for the late reply been visiting my grandmother in the hospital.  We had a little scary but she will be going home on Monday.

I will come out the door to left and scan for the enemy. I will take shot if I can.

Strange Fellow and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
Strange FellowPorkbelly

I follow Ahab and Grimlock shooting everywhere like a John Woo film

(but in slow motion, of course)

Is the opening in the conveyor belt to the right of me (above the robot) passable? If yes, I jump on the conveyor through it, take a step to the left to cover from flanks (if I have enough time, if not, I stay where I get on the belt) and fire at the purple SoB that tries to get to the green comp.

And if I can't get on the conveyor in its middle, then I just go right along the conveyour several steps and hit the lower robot at the end of turn (if Fellow and Andnjord don't kill it first). It's gonna activate soon anyway so better blow it beforehand.

I use Andnjord as a human shield as I - err, what I mean to say is, I cover Andnjord's brave advance and support him as best I can, because we are brothers through thick and thin.

Oh, who am I kidding. I use Andnjord as a human shield as I make my way northeast. Any other stragglers are free to join me.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I'm going to move west and southwest (so one square south of the deactivated grabber bot) and grenade the computer. Or possibly a bulkhead. I don't know. If I get the computer and there's time left, I toss another one at the closest pink las-pistoler and blow up what I will.

East fire team, fall in and mop up those computer nerds. Do not let that man play Galaga.

One step north, and then east as far as I can go. Don't want to be the one standing next to the claw death machine when they wake it up.

Well, there doesn't seem to be a lot of resistance so far. I wonder what they have in store for us...

I push north alongside the eastern wall until I find somebody to shoot at (robots don't count, they don't bleed). Or I hit the wall, I guess, given that there's not all that many targets?

Sorry lads, I had a friend visiting this weekend from abroad to play Blood Bowl and Necromunda and for me to teach him how to paint. I’ll catch up to all this wondrous nonsense tomorrow so I can ponder how to best protect m’Lords.

I try to rush due north-east of my position to get behind that corner, ready to charge forth on the next turn!

III. The revenge of the KA-BOOMed computer

Everyone except @gubisson and @captaingrimlock sent their order. I tried to follow them very exactly.

For instance, MK demolished one of the every guard and retreated:

Ahab said he would blow up the mining op. computer, and that's exactly what he did, though it took him two 'nades.

And Egosphere said, and I quote, "One step north, and then east as far as I can go", that's what I did:

The one exception is Andnjord, who said he was going North-East but for some reason I read "East" and he was the last player so no reload.

Anyway, the base defence counter-attack. Egosphere is running uncovered in the middle, and predictably:

As for Ahab, his heroic dash left him exposed:

At least, you can consider the Space Invader neutralized, except if a technician manage to run to one of them and spend one full turn rigging them for combat.

What do you do?

Thanks for joining in Egosphere & Ahab. As for the others... hopefully more players join the game!

Fun fact: going LEFT in the blue area costs 4MP, going RIGHT costs 1MP.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

I want to blow a hole in the well where that enemy is, north of the conveyor belt. I don't know if I can stand where Rastignak is, or if I have to get on the belt.

If I can do it, that should open a line of fire for @baron-rastignak.

I try to hop on that blue escalator and go right. Wheeeeeeee!!!!

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe
Quote from Argyraspide on 21 November 2023, 10h21

I want to blow a hole in the well where that enemy is, north of the conveyor belt. I don't know if I can stand where Rastignak is, or if I have to get on the belt.

If I can do it, that should open a line of fire for @baron-rastignak.

I am not sure I understand which wall you are talking about.
FYI, you can throw a grenade on a wall and kill/wound an enemy directly on the other side of the wall.

Quote from Gubisson on 21 November 2023, 10h37

I try to hop on that blue escalator and go right. Wheeeeeeee!!!!

"Let the others do the fighting! Look at how FUN the conveyor belt is!"

Dayyalu and Andnjord have reacted to this post.
DayyaluAndnjord
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 21 November 2023, 10h49

I am not sure I understand which wall you are talking about.
FYI, you can throw a grenade on a wall and kill/wound an enemy directly on the other side of the wall.

Good to know. I want to throw a grenade at the feet of the purple guy directly north-east of Rastignak.

If @argyraspide rolls with his plan and cracks the wall open, I shoot through it at anybody I can get in my sights.

If not, then two steps up (across the blue belt) and kill the guard to the right (the one that @argyraspide aims his grenade at). If I still have MP after that, then drop back to the blue belt and take cover.

I inch up NORTHWARD (VERS LE NORD!) just enough to cover Fellow’s soon to come heroic charge while staying in cover.

So…is there anything like overwatch and cover in this game?

KarbonKitty has reacted to this post.
KarbonKitty

Take position in the room six squares directly north of my current position, stepping left first and navigating through the main dome.

Make it a short dash across the corridor into the upper room. I don't want to spend any more time in LOS than necessary if that cannon is active.

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

Put me one tile northwest of where Porkbelly is, if that's not quite right, one tile left of the room above him, at the bottom of the left side.

EDIT: To be sure, I mean before he moves this turn.

I follow Porkbelly in his advance, put me in the same room if we manage to reach it. Hopefully they will shoot at him.

Well, so it's not the whale that gets the poor captain in the end, huh?

I try to shoot at whatever enemy I have in my (effective) range, and if I can't see any, I move north until I find some. There seems to be some pink guys eager to join the party, so I should have targets before I hit the wall.

PreviousPage 4 of 9Next