Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #1 - Tanktics

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

I'm expecting the soviets to rush in from the west, between P9 and P12. So i'd like to move to W12 to get a slightly better field of vision on their potential avenue of approach.

I stay in place and continue shooting

I will of course sit my fat ass my Heavy Tank on the objective, get the front towards the enemy, and shoot everything that comes near. Who needs cover, I am the cover!

Also a bait could be useful and I'm a big, nice bait

Regarding the game itself, lots of similarities with light rulesets of the era (I'm very partial to the Microgame era, and this would fit swimmingly). Defo a beer&pretzel kind of deal, as you said in your review.

Turn 6-7 - They are coming !

While Strange Fellow is still trying to understand the tactical situation, the experimented Dayyalu and Andnjord use the short respite to reposition properly - Dayyalu sitting directly on the target. Baud rotates his tank NW since that's where the Soviets seems to be.

Suddenly, more Soviet tanks appear : one in the Southwest, one in the West. The veteran Andnjord identifies them, though he never saw them on the battlefield : extremely rare KV-85 !

That does not stop him from shooting at one of the target, but his shell does not hit the tank with a proper angle and his deflected. On the other hand, Dayyalu very large gun does not miss, and one the KV-85 becomes a burning wreck.

Meanwhile, Strange Fellow peashooter shoots at a KV-85, but the shell bounces harmlessly.

The optics of the KV-85 closest to Strange Fellow must not be very good, because the tank... just stops there looking for target ?

Meanwhile, more KV-85 appear. Black line shows who see what.

Oh, and by the way... that noise your hear... Soviet Planes... You better be located in a FOREST within two turns (so no next turn but the turn after that) or I will roll a dice for what happens to your tank from a totally made-up table not in the game !

Of course the planes will prioritize the largest target !

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Nice shot!

It seems as though the bad guys are mainly coming from my southwest. Go there! Dayyalu can play at being bait all he wants, but sometimes you need a real professional.

Edit: I'm too late. My bad. As for the current situation: keep shooting, I suppose.

"The optics of the KV-85 closest to Strange Fellow must not be very good, because the tank... just stop there ?"

Frozen in its tracks at the mere sighting of my magnificence.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
Quote from Strange Fellow on 8 May 2021, 20h51

Nice shot!

It seems as though the bad guys are mainly coming from my southwest. Go there! Dayyalu can play at being bait all he wants, but sometimes you need a real professional.

Cross-reply I believe  🙂

Strange Fellow

Move to U13 by way of W13 and V13 as soon as the KV-85 that I'm shooting at blows up please (or by next turn since it looks like the Il-2 are coming). I like the little crossfire we seem to have on them, let's improve it a bit.

extremely rare KV-85

No. built: 5 219 148

It's all relative I guess 

I am silly and cannot tell the difference between a KV-1 and a KV-85

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe
Quote from Andnjord on 8 May 2021, 20h59

extremely rare KV-85

No. built: 5 219

It's all relative I guess 😁

English wikipedia says 148, French wikipedia says 130 :).

baud has reacted to this post.
baud

I am silly and cannot tell the difference between a KV-1 and a KV-85

Quote from Andnjord on 8 May 2021, 20h59

Move to U13 by way of W13 and V13 as soon as the KV-85 that I'm shooting at blows up please (or by next turn since it looks like the Il-2 are coming). I like the little crossfire we seem to have on them, let's improve it a bit.

Moving to U13 through W13 and V13 will take two turns (though you will end the vest one in the forest, so safe from planes). The short trajectory through V-12 takes one turn but will leave you oriented South-West, so not perfect in terms of armor. Your call

Quote from The Rat Scribe on 8 May 2021, 21h04

Moving to U13 through W13 and V13 will take two turns (though you will end the vest one in the forest, so safe from planes.

Make it so. They can only see Dayyalu's Tiger, what's the worse that can happen?

Quote from Andnjord on 8 May 2021, 21h07
Quote from The Rat Scribe on 8 May 2021, 21h04

Moving to U13 through W13 and V13 will take two turns (though you will end the vest one in the forest, so safe from planes.

Make it so. They can only see Dayyalu's Tiger, what's the worse that can happen?

A tank we haven't seen has seen you.

Actually, we don't know what THEY see :).

Quote from The Rat Scribe on 8 May 2021, 21h30

A tank we haven't seen has seen you.

Actually, we don't know what THEY see :).

Pish posh, everybody knows their optics are inferior and couldn't possibly track a Panzer IV going at its maximum blistering speed!

(also why I'm going behind the elevation at V12)

@baud @dayyalu ?

I'll momentarily move on U8 keeping the front at the enemy.

Turn 8-10 - The melee !

As the planes are buzzing around, Dayyalu and Baud relocate to a forested area. Andnjord gives it a last shoot... but the shell is deflected again. Strange Fellow shells bounces hopelessly on the KV-85 cuirass.

The Soviet Tank Andnjord was shooting at turns toward him... and it does not miss :

The Panzer IV-H explodes. It is the last battle for the grizzled veteran.

The Soviets are not swarming the objective area :

At this distance, Strange Fellow does not have the time to think, and he shoots at point blank. The shell goes through. Dayyalu's powerful gun destroys another target. Baud is still looking at the sky nervously.

There is no time for the tank commanders to think about their next orders [and no real reason for me to ask you] - the Soviets are there, and everyone is mechanically reproducing what they learned in training !

One tank shoots at Strange Fellow's Panzer III, miraculously missing it. Another tank is dashing along the road, reaching the wreck of his buddy...

Strange Fellow and Dayyalu repeat exactly what they did one turn before.

There are yet more tanks, but at this point it is really the last of them. Strange Fellow turns his turret faster than Dayyalu, and destroys the incoming tank. Further away, Baud destroy the last of the KV-85.

It is the end. The Soviets are defeated.

Final tally :

Strange Fellow : 3

Dayyalu : 3

Baud : 2

Andnjord : 0. Also, died.

Strange Fellow

Conclusion

Well, first, thanks for participating in this test. It was way shorter then expected, I plan to target Dayyalu with all sorts of "something went wrong with the engine, you need to spend two turns fixing it" but the game was too short for that.

Tanktics is certainly not the best game for an interatice Let's Play, but it was fun nonetheless.

It also allowed me to test some of the forum features, and see issues here and there (basic example, when I scroll down, the task bar also scrolls (up), which means it gets frustrating to edit my text). I need to find a way to fix these issues.

Next game will be the real thing. If you are a lurker reading this, join it 🙂

Strange Fellow

Yeh, little material to fuck around with. Still proper to see the limitation of the game, and it's an interesting historical relic.

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

Andnjord  o7

Also sorry for missing a turn, I haven't got used to check this forum often enough

Well damn, guess someone had to die, huh? Just out of curiosity, could I have survived had I done something differently? Or was the jig up the moment that T-85 pointed its gun at me?

In any case it was a neat little experiment, shame that it was so short since apparently you had more stuff planned for us, but it was nice seeing one of these dinosaurs in action.

Also, random question: how should we refer to you boss? Rat Scribe, ValeVelkal, Narwhal? The world wonders.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next