Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #1 - Tanktics

So we will do the first experimental Commenters Command on Tanktics. Let's hunt Soviet Tanks in, well, presumably the least interesting parts of Prussia or Poland.

Summary :

 

If you want to join, just comment with your name, whatever email you pick (real or not - it will be hidden to everyone except me ; it will allow me to make sure that any comment bearing your name is from the same person) and pick your tank :

What tanks the Soviet will have will depend on what on average the commenters will take.

We will play the same kind of scenario as I did : meeting engagement.

Expected start date : 2 full days after I have 4 subscriptions.

 

Dayyalu, Strange Fellow and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
DayyaluStrange FellowBrutus Trumpwhowh

Just so it's not spread out all over, signing up for duty kamerad! Give me a Panzer IV h!

The Wargaming Scribe and Dayyalu have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyalu

The avatar, And. The AVATAR

That said,

Panzer VIb.

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

Thanks. Waiting for two more subscribers, and off we go !

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

As usual, I would like 1 of your shittiest model of tonk, please and thanks. In this case, that looks like the IIIj. Let's see how this pans out.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
Quote from Strange Fellow on 3 May 2021, 16h26

As usual, I would like 1 of your shittiest model of tonk, please and thanks. In this case, that looks like the IIIj. Let's see how this pans out.

Awesome, can't wait to see the crazy shenanigans you'll be able to pull off with it!

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

I'll take a Panzer V, to have a balanced tank

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord

And we are off !

Featuring :

A. Strange Fellow in a Panzer III-J. In theory, the tank is only used for training, but the situation on the front is desperate so, you know.

B. Andnjord in a Panzer IV-H. Andnjord has seen it all. So did his Panzer IV - from France to almost-Moscow to, well, somewhere in Poland.

C. Baud in a Panzer V, aka as a Panther. If there is one thing Andnjord has seen everyday since Poland, it is fresh recruits getting better material because their fancy division just got created. Or, more often than not, recreated. So Baud has the Panther when Andnjord has the Panzer IV.

D. Dayyalu in a Panzer IVe, aka a Kingstiger. In theory, the Kingstiger should have retreated long ago. But transmission broke. Then ran out of fuel while trying to test what was wrong with the transmission. Now it is repaired, but the transport train left and the Soviets arrived, so well, I guess one more tank to bolster the defense right.

 

  1. Turn 1 - Initial Situation

Here is the situation,  what do you do ?

 

Oh ? You did not bring your own board ? I guess I have to do everything :

You know the saying that battles always happen at the edge of the map ? Well, in my experience they don't, they always happen at the part where you fold the map and the paper all but disappeared... In any case, the objective is near the folded part.

 

It is just the 4 of you. The infantry retreated. The artillery is out of ammunition. The planes are, well, Hermann Göring personally promised they would support you so they should show up anytime now. The Soviets have attacked, no one is sure what they have but it looks like it is tanks only. In any case, you are ordered to stop them.

So... what do you do ? I will run your order until you all reached your destination of until you contact

By the way, I may change the rule a bit during this game for, err, inter-German balance... don't be TOO surprised.

Dayyalu, baud and Strange Fellow have reacted to this post.
DayyalubaudStrange Fellow

I forgot how fast I am. Not that I care, being the PRIDE of the Panzerwaffe. Also big.

 

I'll follow the road (entering CC21-CC20-BB19 etc) until I reach W7 (near the end of the road up north, close to the objective) and overwatch. If no Soviet tanks advance, we'll go for the objective.

 

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

transmission broke. Then ran out of fuel while trying to test the transmission. Now it is repaired, but the transport train left and the Soviets arrived

Just a normal day in the life of a Tiger! 😁

As for me, I'd like to drive straight to X12, the red hex that I assume is a depression in the terrain, right? If so, would my tank be blind and unable to fire or just in a hull down position, with less of the hull exposed?

 

Quote from Andnjord on 5 May 2021, 21h10

transmission broke. Then ran out of fuel while trying to test the transmission. Now it is repaired, but the transport train left and the Soviets arrived

Just a normal day in the life of a Tiger! 😁

As for me, I'd like to drive straight to X12, the red hex that I assume is a depression in the terrain, right? If so, would my tank be blind and unable to fire or just in a hull down position, with less of the hull exposed?

 

It would make you very hull down - protected and hard to see.

Andnjord has reacted to this post.
Andnjord
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 5 May 2021, 21h18
Quote from Andnjord on 5 May 2021, 21h10

transmission broke. Then ran out of fuel while trying to test the transmission. Now it is repaired, but the transport train left and the Soviets arrived

Just a normal day in the life of a Tiger! 😁

As for me, I'd like to drive straight to X12, the red hex that I assume is a depression in the terrain, right? If so, would my tank be blind and unable to fire or just in a hull down position, with less of the hull exposed?

 

It would make you very hull down - protected and hard to see.

Then off to X12 and overwatch the objective!

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

I'll move to U15. I guess it's a protected position, like where andnjord is going, but not as good?

Once there overwatch toward the objective.

Turn 2-3 - Initial moves

And off they move. Andnjord waits to see if the Dayyalu actually manages to start his engine, because no way he is going alone. The freshly recruited Baud on the other hand is eager and moves immediately. No one bothered to give orders to Strange Fellow, so he meekly moves a bit on the side of the Königstiger.

 

Suddenly, an overexcited Baud signals on the radio that he spotted something, but in his lack of experience he cannot identify the enemy tank. Something big - that's all he can say.

 

Also note that the objective slightly moved. This is because the orders and the situation on the frontline are fluid, not at all because I did not realize that "Quick Save State" cannot be loaded again you load the emulator and I had to restart the game. Not at all.

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

well, I sit tight, report on the enemy's position and open fire when he's within range

I will move cautiously towards the north, keeping a close eye out for enemies, leveraging my position to move around and flank the-

Haha, no. Charge!!! Towards the objective!

Keep on moving towards X12. Stay there in a defensive position, but be ready to move and provide full unconditional support to Strange Fellow if necessary.

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow
Quote from baud on 6 May 2021, 21h57

well, I sit tight, report on the enemy's position and open fire when he's within range

You can assume that if you see it you are in range. Of course, your chance to hit plummets at long range, but eh.

The game is pretty primitive, shooting does not seem (in my tests) to specifically make you visible. Before you ask, that will be VERY different in Computer Ambush, where you can garrot guards and the like.

Quote from Strange Fellow on 6 May 2021, 22h36

I will move cautiously towards the north, keeping a close eye out for enemies, leveraging my position to move around and flank the-

Haha, no. Charge!!! Towards the objective!

Asgaros will soonish allow "custom reactions", and I plan a special "Charge" just for you !

Strange Fellow has reacted to this post.
Strange Fellow

Turn 4 - 5 : First kill

 

So while Strange Fellow uses his usual strategy of rushing toward whatever is rushable - with Dayyalu behind who will probably do the real work if he ever reaches the target. Meanwhile, Baud aims his gun at the unidentified Soviet...

 

... and destroys it with one, perfect shoot !

But as soon as the first tank blows up, Baud sights a second tank... but misses :

 

The Tank, still unidentified by the freshly trained Baud, disappears from sight. Meanwhile, Andnjord reached his position in a depression, whereas Strange Fellow is looking for targets to rush at. Dayyalu and his big thing is still arriving.

 

Kill tally :

  • Baud : 1
  • Strange Fellow : 0
  • Andnjord : 0
  • Dayyalu : 0
Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu