Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chaos - Dominions meets Battle Royale and then you Disbelieve it all!

PreviousPage 4 of 6Next

Game tip - not all wizards are made equal! You can press 'I' to query a wizard for his stats.

I have no idea what "ability" means, though.

Quote from DDG Ahab on 4 February 2024, 14h54

I have no idea what "ability" means, though.

Is that when you cast something on yourself, like those magic weapons and wings?

Hmm, a dilemma. Wasn't this situation described in an 18th century philosophy book? Ah, here it is.

The Wargaming Scribe and Operative Lynx have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeOperative Lynx

Why do I always draw the short straw (and have to fight with it)...

Well, some of us are the eighth son of the eighth son of a wizard, and some of us are the first son of the first son of an illusionist.

Baron Rastignak and Operative Lynx have reacted to this post.
Baron RastignakOperative Lynx

And I'm from a long line of weaklings, apparently. It's amazing I managed to stay alive that long, really.

FOOOOURTH ROUND VIEWERS! THINGS ARE HEATING UP AS MORE DEVASTATING SUMMONS ARE BROUGHT TO THE FIELD!

Lynx summons a Dragon, a risky move that may pay off. If he survives. The Tree Scribe summons a crocodile (a crocodile?) while Mad Porkus goes on the Hydra Train, and MK goes for the mobility option with a Unicorn. Argyraspide goes for the Vampire strategy and.... but what's that?

IT'S AHAB WITH A DISBELIEVE FROM OUTSIDE THE RING

THE VAMPIRE WAS AN ILLUSION! WHAT A MASTERFUL MOVE VIEWERS! what do you mean he could not have predicted that how's that even possible

The creatures are starting to move, look at that Hydra it looks dangerous, will Lynx manage to....

I can't believe the head flew so far. Lynx the Operator has fallen, but like a Real Man, in mortal combat with poisonous, multi-headed hydras.

The rest of the round is sadly devoid of much excitement, bar the Scribe Hydra and the Morpheus Hydra mauling each other without much success! With more space and creatures around, it's the time for devious plans and smart tactical play....

The Wargaming Scribe, Argyraspide and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeArgyraspideDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx

Hah, this Hydra is a toothless one.

Aargh! I have seen Hydras grow a new head, but a new pair of teeth. I can't believe it...

About the Ability, I came to the conclusion that it gives a bonus to casting probabilities. With my ability 1, I had a 10 %-points higher chance to successfully cast spells compared to the baseline.

Argyraspide and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
ArgyraspideDDG Ahab

Non credo dracones!

Wait, that's just a monkey. Non credo in mortuorum!

How dare you doubt my beautiful monkey?

Fifth round viewers! Amusingly enough it's also my fifth attempt at starting a Dominions MP game on another forum, that's not working because the MP player lobby is utterly broken! See viewers, it rhymes! A MONTH TO STAR... get off me!....

*scuffing and fighting sounds*

Welcome to our fifth round!

A beast summon heavy round, with Scribe summoning ANOTHER croc, Porkus joining the bear necessities and Argy going for the gorilla warfare. MK blasts a tree and Ahab disbelieves a real Zombie, without much success.

I'm saddened to report a frankly boring turn, with the Orkwave descending South and both MK and Argy trying to tag-team the craven Scribe. Let's hope things heat up quickly....

The Wargaming Scribe, Strange Fellow and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeStrange FellowArgyraspideDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx

I wonder what is this traitorous Faun scheming in his rhyming head behind the Porkus' back...

The arena has so much chaos that I have been transformed into a bad guy from Manic Miner.

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

Unicorns exist, and no one told me ANYTHING!

Also, we have a "Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Robin" situation with Mad Porcus and the Faun ^^.

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 13 February 2024, 14h12

Also, we have a "Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Robin" situation with Mad Porcus and the Faun ^^.

Is it animal abuse when you attack a mythological, sentient creature?

Is it animal abuse if it isn't... real?

I don't know what you mean, Mr Squiggle.

I'm saddened to report a frankly boring turn, with the Orkwave descending South and both MK and Argy trying to tag-team the craven Scribe. Let's hope things heat up quickly....

I am happy to report that this turn is going to be net negative in terms of LIVE or UNLIVE creatures on the field, and net positive in bodies on the field.

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu

Uhhh my head is killing me, did I even manage to host that.... the Dominions game is going on, wait am I forgetting something...GOSH THE CHAOS ARENA

VIEWERS! CHOSEN! TODAY WE HAVE NOT ONE BUT TWOOOO ROUNDS OF DEADLY EXTRAVAGANZA! SURELY I DID NOT GET DISTRACTED AND FORGOT TO POST BUT NOOOO, I'M HERE TO PROVIDE TO YOU DOUBLE THE EXCITEMENT!

On the summons side, spells of unbelievable power....well, of somewhat believable power are thrown around! MK summons a Pegasus, Mad Porkus chooses to... blast his own Faun with lighting?

What the hell? Well, he's mad. It's in the name. Both the Scribe and Ahab choose not to believe, but only one of Porkus' creatures, a ghost, is found to be a mere figment of glamour magic. Argyraspide summons a Giant, club and all.

The situation is ... interesting.

Mad Porkus chooses to defend himself while MK sends his ferocious Pegasus for a direct kill on Scribe! Sadly, the RNG isn't on his side and the craven, accursed Republican survives!

Viewers, focus on the left side! Scribe's reaction is brutal, with MK's Pegasus being eaten alive by Crocs and his Hydra falling against Scribe's own. With a murderous multi-headed di CREATURE before him, MK is in serious danger, but Argy's menagerie is also pushing against the Scribe.... onwards to the Seventh Turn!

Two Lions are summoned this turn, one by Ahab and the other by MK. The Scribe goes for a Vampire, while Porkus fails to use his magic might to destroy the Ghost and Argy fails to summons a Shadow Wood.

MK's desperate defense seems not to work, as all his attacks fail to kill the Hydra. Porkus is blocked by the ethereal, undead Ghost and has to retreat!

AAAND IT IS A KILL! MK FALLS TO THE HYDRA! AN APPLAUSE TO THE DARING COMBATANT....holy that Hydra killed two Wizards but what's going on what is that Vamp...

I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES THAT VAMPIRE WENT RIGHT FOR THE KILL! FLYING ABOVE EVERYTHING ARGY IS FELLED BY THE UNDEAD MONSTER! THE CROWD GOES WILD AS THE MAGE GOES DOWN, PALE AND LIFELESS!

Ahab's ghost tries to kill the hardy Porkus, but it fails. Viewers, what a beautiful, wonderful slaughter. Will Porkus find a way to survive? Will Ahab find a counter for the Vampire rush? Stay tuned!

The Wargaming Scribe, Argyraspide and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeArgyraspideDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx
PreviousPage 4 of 6Next