Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chaos - Dominions meets Battle Royale and then you Disbelieve it all!

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

Chaos was the will of heaven. Law was the dream of man. Aye, there it goes.

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly

Get it off me! Get it off me!

Famous last words

Dayyalu, Porkbelly and DDG Ahab have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbellyDDG Ahab

De paroles vacante et ce corps allourdi
Tard succombent au fier silence de midi :
Sans plus il faut dormir en l’oubli du blasphème,
Sur le sable altéré gisant et comme j’aime
Ouvrir ma bouche à l’astre efficace des vins !

Voilà qu'ils rient, moquant mon humble lyre,

Yes! They laugh, mocking my craft, calling it trivial play!
No more! In my words, a dark storm now stirs,
A faun's wrath unleashed, in this vengeful fray!

Dayyalu, Argyraspide and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
DayyaluArgyraspidePorkbellyDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx

Scribe, you stole my joke. It was envisioning it in my mind and searching for Faun-related poetry!

*coffs*

Spectators of the Chaos Arena! The second round of our bloody, magical melee is upon us! Cheer for our daring combatants!

As predicted, the Red Dragon of Mad Porkus was merely an illusion, easily dispelled by Lynx's magiks! But what's happening, is Porkus..... viewers, in a stroke of both genius and luck the Mad Mage took control of Rastignak's Faun! In a crazed fury, Rastignak is cut down by his own creation!

I told ya Porkus was a fan favourite. On the Southern side, the Scribe summons.... a Hydra! Risky move, and are we sure this is a honest Hydra, viewers?

Lynx The Operator, surrounded by Zombies and Honest Hydras, chooses the manly way after dispelling the fake dragon: engaging in HAND TO HAND COMBAT the undead monstrosities!

Can Mages even DAMAGE the unliving without magical means? Will the powerful fists of Lynx or his Magiks save him from a dire situation? We'll see, viewers!

And the others? The others cast boring spells, Law+ Chaos++ or whatever, who cares about planning people, we're here for the MAYHEM!

The Wargaming Scribe, Argyraspide and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeArgyraspideDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx

Dayyalu, Argyraspide and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
DayyaluArgyraspideDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx

Hydra are 60% chance of success in high Chaos environment. Just saying!

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 29 January 2024, 20h53

Hydra are 60% chance of success in high Chaos environment. Just saying!

Exactly what an illusionist would say...

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx
Quote from Argyraspide on 29 January 2024, 22h44

Exactly what an illusionist would say...

I propose you allocate one of YOUR turns to disbelief my Honest Hydra, while Ahab allocates one of HIS turns to send a fireball at you!

Dayyalu, DDG Ahab and Operative Lynx have reacted to this post.
DayyaluDDG AhabOperative Lynx
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 29 January 2024, 23h04

I propose you allocate one of YOUR turns to disbelief my Honest Hydra, while Ahab allocates one of HIS turns to send a fireball at you!

I also propose this.

The Wargaming Scribe has reacted to this post.
The Wargaming Scribe

I veto that motion.

Baron Rastignak has reacted to this post.
Baron Rastignak

I think Lynx's decree screwed up both of our spells! My wraith was supposed to have a 80% success rate.

Yeah, this game isn't called Law, it's called Chaos, so cast Chaos spells!

Baron Rastignak has reacted to this post.
Baron Rastignak
Quote from Argyraspide on 1 February 2024, 14h26

Well, if the game had bothered to give me any useful Chaos spells, I would have casted them. So the manual wasn't accurate about how the Decree spell works; instead of saving my ass it prevented you guys from casting. Damn... I curse you Gollop!

Quote from Operative Lynx on 2 February 2024, 0h47
Quote from Argyraspide on 1 February 2024, 14h26

Well, if the game had bothered to give me any useful Chaos spells, I would have casted them. So the manual wasn't accurate about how the Decree spell works; instead of saving my ass it prevented you guys from casting. Damn... I curse you Gollop!

According to the highly official readme file we all got linked back when we started, Gollop didn't want to release the product, it was Games Workshop pulling a sneaky on an incomplete product. The Turmoil spell, for instance, in a regular game functions as the crash computer spell, useful if you're about to lose.

Dayyalu and Argyraspide have reacted to this post.
DayyaluArgyraspide

From what I read, Turmoil works but had been removed by Gollop, only to come back because it had not been removed from the "Magic Trees" list of possible spells.

Scribe climbs in a tree and refuses to come down to play with the rest of us.

The Wargaming Scribe, Dayyalu and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeDayyaluBaron RastignakOperative Lynx
Quote from Argyraspide on 2 February 2024, 14h45

Scribe climbs in a tree and refuses to come down to play with the rest of us.

Fetch me up when there is only one of you left.

Porkbelly has reacted to this post.
Porkbelly
Quote from Morpheus Kitami on 2 February 2024, 2h53

According to the highly official readme file we all got linked back when we started, Gollop didn't want to release the product, it was Games Workshop pulling a sneaky on an incomplete product. The Turmoil spell, for instance, in a regular game functions as the crash computer spell, useful if you're about to lose.

You don't understand, you can't release this game. The playtesters reportedly "had fun with it", the rules are "simple yet engaging" and I swear one of them was laughing while playing. This is simply unacceptable, with Nebula I drove two playtesters to tears and one simply fell asleep: that's the kind of performance I'm trying to get. What do you mean, "you already released it"?

Back to our scheduled programming.

VIEWERS! THIIIIRD ROUND OF THE CHAOS ARENA!

Amongst a smattering of failed castings or badly-explained-in-the-manual spells, just a few highlights this turn! Porkus the Mad summons a Ghost, while MK supports his offensive with another Hydra, who knows if it's Honest or not!

The cowardly Scribe the Clerk does his thing and summons magical trees where he can hide at his leisure, a sorry sight. At least TRUE SORCERER WARRIORS still fight in the Arena!

Lynx the Operator engages both Zombie and Hydra in ferocious HAND TO HAND COMBAT AND SURVIVES! It is indeed sad that his Decree spell didn't work as intended, but his FISTS did work! One must wonder what will happen when Scribe's Hydra will too engage, will Lynx survive the Hail of Honest Hydra Heads?

Will he survive another turn? Will he SHATTER his opponents? Who knows! Stay tuned on the..... CHAAAOS ARENA!

Argyraspide, Porkbelly and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
ArgyraspidePorkbellyDDG AhabBaron RastignakOperative Lynx

My hydra might as well be an illusion for all it's doing to Lynx. Apparently it's teeth are like putty. My zombie must be one of those zombies from Dawn of the Dead they just pick up and throw over a railing. Please join our continuing saga in which I summon ghost of dementia patient and triple amputee goblin.

Argyraspide, Porkbelly and Baron Rastignak have reacted to this post.
ArgyraspidePorkbellyBaron Rastignak

The Zombie is 1 in attack vs 3 in defence for Lynx, so not a surprise. Lynx was definitely lucky with the Hydra though.

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next