Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Time Lords : Time travel and heuristic genocide, now in multiplayer

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

[For those not aware, Rat Lord comes from my persona on another forum. Where I had a rat avatar - that's all it takes].

So Argyraspide reran his turn and went to a new location. In exchange, I agreed not to attack him in any future encounter (this is not reciprocal). I will admit that the fact that killing me on turn 1 would have made my future showcase-AAR particularly snappy may have played a role in his decision.

Time traps were not involved, I tested them a bit before the game and I never got them to work (or rather, I think you still meet the other timelord, and THEN are timetraped, which is not logical - but I am not 100% sure). Not that I don't drop time traps, just in case ^^.

Hey !

CHANGE again, and my apologies.

As I was making a nice Excel file for Ahab, I realized that Argyraspide had bamboozled himself. He was in XXX-x, and he moved to YYY-x where I was, then thought he had been in YYY-x all along. I know he was in XXX-x because he had quite simply told me that as part of some discussion/exchange of intel we had during the interturn. I only realized the mix-up between XXX-x and YYY-x while checking the email exchange we had to document the aforementioned Excel file.

I took the liberty to double-check his location using the save of the first turn and then jumping on XXX-x to see if it prompted a battle against him, and it did.

Conclusion : there is no bug in the code. There is a bug in the game that jumped on YYY-x to kill me. I am as dead as Socrates. For now. Snappy AAR for everyone.

I told Argyraspide to send the savefile where I am dead to the next player (Ahab)...

... now if someone could go to Nes-6 and kill that alien insect thing, I can promise 2 free scans and a "I will never attack you ever" from the beginning of time to the end of time.

Quote from Dayyalu on 7 December 2022, 18h41

(I will try to take notes, but honestly in the state I play the game I'm lucky I remember what I am doing at the moment)

You mean the time now, or a future, or past, time?

Anyway, sorry for the confusion, it was my fault. I've sent the save to Ahab, now.

... and when you go to Nes-6, bring a companion with you...

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 7 December 2022, 22h37

... and when you go to Nes-6, bring a companion with you...

People find companions?

(I am now scared as hell in reviewing my opening moves compared to others. I mean, I tried to play the long game. Kinda. Sorta.)

Quote from Argyraspide on 7 December 2022, 22h33

You mean the time now, or a future, or past, time?

I mean sadly in Real Life ;_;

There will be more blood soon.

(Do giant ants bleed?)

Quote from Argyraspide on 9 December 2022, 14h39

(Do giant ants bleed?)

So - any one died ?

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 12 December 2022, 10h06
Quote from Argyraspide on 9 December 2022, 14h39

(Do giant ants bleed?)

I'm waiting to hear back from Jason.

"He has one mission : kill all the bloggers !"

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 12 December 2022, 17h27

"He has one mission : kill all the bloggers !"

I almost feel bad, but yes, I've just killed the Human champion.

We're down to 3 Time Lords.

"And this is me, the Cybermen champion, drinking tea and wondering where is everyone"

And due to time shenanigans, the Zarbi Time Lord and the human one have to fight again!

This game is weird.

And this time we both came out of the encounter alive!

Another stalemate.

Uhhhh......

Is this supposed to happen when I do a very simple move?

I re-did the turn doing the very same moves (a Scan 2 because I dropped in a new area and a move) and boom. I don't think I caused a Temporal Paradox (I never fought anyone!).

I save stated the game and didn't check the history if it's a bug or something.

Is it possible that after you check the universe it asks you to pass to the next player ?

how many FP did you have left ?

was there anyone where you want. Maybe it triggers a paradox only when you go in a place where a player both is and is not ?

No, it asks me for a Another Game. I did have enough FP for the trip I wanted to do (it's a bit too early to have them exhausted).

I can Scan 1 the area where I went but I can't Scan 2 it. I tested the game by traveling to a "safe zone" (an area I extensively time-traveled and trapped, also no one ever bothered me there) and I can without issue.

I can replay the turn and do... other things, but I'm legit curious about the cause of the Time Paradox. If The Scribe gives me permission, I'll replay the turn and do more boring Cybermen things (even if sadly I now know the end scores!)

I am dead so I guess it is between you, Ahab and Argyraspide.

I don't mind if you want to replay and avoid a universal BSOD.

I died.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next