Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Parthian Kings - the game so foggy you don't even know what you are fighting!

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

1254: The forgotten apex predator

Lots of epic battles in the West, with the scions of Hadès crushing the Macedonians at every opportunity. Is Alexander Argyraspide holding back his reserve?

In the East, the Uruk-Hais are intercepted by the Goddesses of Revenge, and all destroyed.
In the South, one of Dayyalu's convoys is visited by more Erinyes... What's in the convoy? A wizard... or a fearsome trap!? Also, who moves first?

Combat situation:

Either the skeletons are healing, or more likely the "power" displayed during battle is an estimation.

Current score:
Dayyalu: 12
Scribe: 10
Porkbelly: 5
Argyraspide: 5

Dayyalu has reacted to this post.
Dayyalu
Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 7 December 2023, 14h31

What's in the convoy? A wizard... or a fearsome trap!? Also, who moves first?

A wizard-made trap?

(This is the truthful reply, honest!)

1255: καταστροφή!

What is there to say? Dayyalu pushes Argyraspide right to the latter's castle. The latter's coutyard. The latter's treasury room. Argyraspide is killed along with his wizard Garcimore.

In the South, my erinyes move not only after the convoy but after the wights inside it, for a stand-off. In the East, I control 4 lakes, but my Amazons fail their grand entrance by being beaten by an equal force of orcs.

Another turn with a lot of battles:

And some uplifting news for Argyraspide: he passes over Porkbelly in points!

Dayyalu

If my units didn't all die on first contact with the enemy, I would punish them very harshly indeed.

What the heck were the stats of your units?
Also, why did you sortie your elite units when you were about to be attacked? This one puzzles me.

Fun fact: all my Wights are Wizard-generated. I have to use their non-economy spam turns for something and for some inane reason they spawned two Wights units in a row. And Wights are.... something, as the Goddesses have seen.

I mean, it makes perfect sense for high-tier Undead units being the results of the work of a Master Wizard.... maybe not as the game intended, tho.

Quote from Argyraspide on 8 December 2023, 22h16

If my units didn't all die on first contact with the enemy, I would punish them very harshly indeed.

My hat to thee, courageous enemy. I hope we'll meet again in some other battlefield (and it will be my turn getting blown into smithereens).

The Wargaming Scribe and Argyraspide have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribeArgyraspide
Quote from Dayyalu on 8 December 2023, 22h41

Fun fact: all my Wights are Wizard-generated. I have to use their non-economy spam turns for something and for some inane reason they spawned two Wights units in a row. And Wights are.... something, as the Goddesses have seen.

I mean, it makes perfect sense for high-tier Undead units being the results of the work of a Master Wizard.... maybe not as the game intended, tho.

All I had for Xmas was a bunch of minotaurs :(.

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 8 December 2023, 22h18

What the heck were the stats of your units?
Also, why did you sortie your elite units when you were about to be attacked? This one puzzles me.

I thought the defenders I had in the city would be enough (3 Argyrapides). But yes, obviously that was a mistake.

Here's my army:

Too much movement, not enough armour and strength. I made all the wrong choices.

I thought it would be fun to have a zero-movement unit with good armour. The plan was to use convoys to establish a good line of defence with them, but given the size of the map, that wasn't ever going to be feasible.

I couldn't get a single economy spell to work.

Yes, armor seems to cripple your line-up in terms of price; you overpay everything by maybe 15% or 20%, and it brought your cheapest unit above 10K

1256: Dayyalu's domination

Argyraspide is now out of the turn rotation, though he almost recaptured his castle. I fall back massively, either voluntarily or after being brutally destroyed by Forgotten. RIP Amazons!

I am not quite sure anything can stop Dayyalu now!

Battle report:

And current score:

Dayyalu and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbelly

"Wight: A warrior of the underworld reawakened to serve a necromancer, the wight is armed with a Bane Blade that will cause wounds to fester and flesh to shrivel. Wights are so closely connected to the Netherworld that they are surrounded by a wind of numbing cold: they are also corporeal undead that can withstand a lot of damage."

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 10 December 2023, 0h07

I am not quite sure anything can stop Dayyalu now!

Scribe, for sure you know I'm merely one turn or two away from complete destruction and ruin thanks to the dastardly plans of my opponents. It's like all the previous games, I'm doomed and I just don't know it yet

1257: Not much to report

I don't have any smart comment to make. Very little happened: only one battle. Dayyalu is in an incredibly comfortable position.

I had made that meme for turn 1254 and forget to put it here. It would have been a waste.

That's my erinyes seeing Dayyalu's convoy obviously.

Argyraspide has reacted to this post.
Argyraspide

1258: The Siege begins

Porkbelly and myself cowers in our castle. Dayyalu prepares for a siege. Not much else to say.

1259 The siege is complete

The siege of my Western city is complete. Dayyalu having been nice enough to forewarn me, I try a last minute sortie with erinyes from both castles. My objective is clear... or is it?

1260 Kicking the orc nest

My convoy approaches the Orc Capitole. Litte do they know that it includes my MAGICIAN. Those Uruk-Hai will see!! Those Uruk-Hai will SEE!

I cast... TEFORMUS!

Nevermind then! I am out of here!

Joke aside it is not all lost. At least Porkbelly sortied his army and the map features colours again!

Battle report. There were 12 giants in that town; I suspect they slayed... "reslayed" twice their number in undead.

Also, I don't understand why but it seems we receive twice the number of points we should have this turn?

Dayyalu and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
DayyaluPorkbelly

The Lestrygons killed roughly 20 Forgotten, given one or taken one.

Also, confession: my Wizard has not failed a single spell since the beginning of the game. I don't know how this is even possible. I can even pinpoint the spells he has used, not a single fail.

Necromancy: it simply works!

The Wargaming Scribe and Porkbelly have reacted to this post.
The Wargaming ScribePorkbelly
Quote from Dayyalu on 14 December 2023, 22h26

The Lestrygons killed roughly 20 Forgotten, given one or taken one.

Also, confession: my Wizard has not failed a single spell since the beginning of the game. I don't know how this is even possible. I can even pinpoint the spells he has used, not a single fail.

Necromancy: it simply works!

Are you able to cast Hetecambi and Metacamb yet? I wonder what they do!

Quote from The Wargaming Scribe on 15 December 2023, 12h37

Hetecambi and Metacamb

Exclusive footage of a Parthian mage casting a spell:

Surprise upsets for Dayyalu. One of his groups of forgotten is one-shot by erinyes, another is blocked by Lestrygons. It won't change the outcome of the game, but maybe I will survive until the end of the game?

It terms of points, I don't see how the final ranking can change:

As for the battles,  another dense turn:

Dayyalu
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next