Press "Enter" to skip to content

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Game #10: Rebelstar Raiders

PreviousPage 6 of 9Next

Sorry, Porkbelly, if I try to help you it'll just result in both of us dying.

Take me under the lower escalator, one tile to the right of where Operator Lynx currently is. I suggest that those of you holding photon rifles hang back a bit while those of us with autorifles serve as the first line of defense. Translation, go to an area where you can take advantage of the weapon's longer range.

It seems that being late to that party wasn't such a bad idea after all!

I shoot the robot and then move SW to try and gain some cover behind the curved wall around the ex-mining computer. I expect more of them to come out behind the security robot, so it should be a good place to shoot some people...

VI. Executions

In a desperate close combat, Porkbelly shoots at one of the guard, hitting him... but not killing him. He shoots a second time (the game allows you to shoot even if you don't have technically enough MPs, but your currenc collapses) and he finally kills his opponent.

The combined fire of KarbonKitty, Captain Grimlock and finally Sir Duncan finally takes down one of the robots. KarbonKitty and Grimlock sidestep away from combat. Sir Duncan just stand there...

As for the defenders, a guard enters Porkbelly's room and finishes him off. Another takes a shoot at Sir Duncan standing in the middle of the corridor... and misses!

Then a technician shoots with his pistol. The weapon is well-aimed... but the bullet disappears in mid-air: out of range!

The rebels avoided catastrophic damage this turn. Is the tide turning?

What do you do now?

KarbonKitty has reacted to this post.
KarbonKitty

No one shoots me and fails so... I retreat shouting like a child!!!

Looks like I'm now in good position to go first. I side-step to the right and shoot the pink guard through the escalator opening. Then I should still have enough MP to step back to cover.

Our right flank should have enough fire power to finish the guard if he is still alive and take out the technician just north-east of Gubisson.

Ah, shit, I meant to said upper escalator as opposed to lower escalator. If I stand one tile up-right of Operator Lynx, can I shoot the technician? If so, do that then go two tiles left. If not, place me one tile up-left of Operaton Lynx.

I rage and charge forward to the nearest pile of sentient scrap.

Pew! Pew! Pew! Pew! Pew! Pew!

I keep on trucking along the previously discussed route.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Well, save for the fact that nobody is left to blow a hole in the wall and raid the unprotected target of this mission...

Enough grumbling! I step out of cover, shoot whatever is still alive (closest first) and step back in cover. This is probably how it's going to go for a minute or two, eh?

I scoot along the escalator and zap the pink guy right above me. Afterwards, of course, I stay on the escalator. No point getting out of breath!

VII. Wasted opportunities, wasted lives.

After Operator Lynx misses a skill shoot through a door (I am not sure it is actually possible, but I try), Strange Fellow continues to carry the team by advancing and executing a technician.

After that, Strange Fellow shoots one last time, wounded the guy in pink.

"Well, now that I have opened the way, the rest of the team should manage".

Not quite: Gubisson shoots the pink guard at point-blank. Andnjord, running behind Strange Fellow, has no angle on the guard. He shoots a technician, but misses all bullets. The rest of the team has no opportunity to shoot.

On their turn, the defenders punish Gubisson for missing an easy shoot, and Strange Fellow for trusting his team:

The tide has turned again. Will Main-Comp win here and there!?

Dayyalu, Andnjord and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
DayyaluAndnjordStrange FellowOperative Lynx

I wish... I too had thought... to go on the conveyor belt...

Dayyalu, Argyraspide and Operative Lynx have reacted to this post.
DayyaluArgyraspideOperative Lynx

Lol, so have I read the screen incorrectly and that thing in front of me is not a ramp but a door?

Quote from Operative Lynx on 27 November 2023, 23h50

Lol, so have I read the screen incorrectly and that thing in front of me is not a ramp but a door?

Ah! You are right, it is a ramp indeed...

... but well, this is 1983. The side of this ramp stops bullet because wall-pixels stop bullet-pixels!

all west following the team!!!!

Who came up with genius idea of building corridors exactly one person wide?!

Well, I guess I do my best trying to shoot whoever gets in range (is the dashed-line wall between me and Pinky there bullet-proof?), and/or advancing along the corridor if I have room. I'll try to duck into the N-S corridor at the end of the north conveyor belt, if I get that far.

Damn, there goes my plan for being a sniper and using the escalator as cover.

I think desperate situation demands desperate measures and we should all charge as close as possible and concentrate fire on carbon based lifeforms. So Hyme, Captain and Andnjord would need to move enough to the left for everyone on the right to have a clear line of fire.

In that case I would step on the escalator and take one step right on it. Then I take a shot at whichever guard I can shoot through the doorway (and hope that bullet pixels don't hit any wall pixels.) After that ride one more step to the right for better cover.

If RNG gods were with us this time, we could even survive with minimal casualties. Or any other ideas?

That little room left of the upper conveyor belt, is that actually accessible? I don't want to go in there, I just want to know.

I assume that since that's a ramp on the south side of the conveyor belt, you can't get back on it via the north part? If I'm wrong, I dash one above the escalator, take a potshot (or two if I have the AP to spare from the following actions) at middle pink dude and then retreat to where I am now.

If not...uh...I dunno. A good idea at this point would be to flank the enemy, but I can't do it alone and everyone seems to want to get nice up and smug together to get gunned down. Can you even hurt the robots with the autorifle? I guess take me below the green guy, placing me on the upper escalator. Gonna have to hope the rest of you don't get killed this turn.

Quote from Morpheus Kitami on 29 November 2023, 3h20

That little room left of the upper conveyor belt, is that actually accessible? I don't want to go in there, I just want to know.

I assume that since that's a ramp on the south side of the conveyor belt, you can't get back on it via the north part? If I'm wrong, I dash one above the escalator, take a potshot (or two if I have the AP to spare from the following actions) at middle pink dude and then retreat to where I am now.

If not...uh...I dunno. A good idea at this point would be to flank the enemy, but I can't do it alone and everyone seems to want to get nice up and smug together to get gunned down. Can you even hurt the robots with the autorifle? I guess take me below the green guy, placing me on the upper escalator. Gonna have to hope the rest of you don't get killed this turn.

As I see it, our two options to have success in this mission is to either make a full charge now by everybody or tactical retreat and regrouping of the entire squad. I was also considering that you and I could move to the left to flank the enemy from there but it would take at least two turns for us to get in position while the guards could take out our right flank one by one. That's why I ended up going with the charge option.

M’Lord has fallen. Time to atone for my shameful failure and wish for a useful death at the hands of the enemies as I charge west.

Once more onto the breach lads! Glory to the first man to die!

PreviousPage 6 of 9Next